VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Installing VAICOM PRO seems to have broken my DCS a bit.

Whenever I start a mission, I no longer see a mission briefing like I used to, even though the game is paused.

I no longer see any text whenever AWACS or my wingmen communicate with me, despite having specifically selected that I want to see text in the game.

I've tried resetting the settings and the LUA file and restarting DCS, but I still will not work.

*Edit*

Tried running repair on DCS. I had it throw away the changed Common and speech .LUA files. Now DCS works normally again.

Reinstalled VAICOM and the problem instantly appears again where VAICOM ignores my chosen option settings. :(

Edited by Cruiser18

Whenever I start a mission, I no longer see a mission briefing like I used to, even though the game is paused.

I no longer see any text whenever AWACS or my wingmen communicate with me, despite having specifically selected that I want to see text in the game.

I've tried resetting the settings and the LUA file and restarting DCS, but I still will not work.

*Edit*

Tried running repair on DCS. I had it throw away the changed Common and speech .LUA files. Now DCS works normally again.

Reinstalled VAICOM and the problem instantly appears again where VAICOM ignores my chosen option settings. :(

Which version of DCS are you running and is Vaicom updated to the latest version?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

*Edit*

Hi !

If you're on DCS latest Open Beta I can't help you, but, if like me you're on DCS 2.5.5, tell Vaicom not to update itself then revert it to v2.5.15. Then reset Lua and repair DCS. I got it working this way on my side !

Hope it helps

Hi !

If you're on DCS latest Open Beta I can't help you, but, if like me you're on DCS 2.5.5, tell Vaicom not to update itself then revert it to v2.5.15. Then reset Lua and repair DCS. I got it working this way on my side !

Hope it helps

Hello. I'm running version 2.5.5 (before they broke everything), but yeah I'm pretty sure I let VAICOM update itself to latest version.

I will try rolling it back and see what happens.

Thank you. :)

Hello. I'm running version 2.5.5 (before they broke everything), but yeah I'm pretty sure I let VAICOM update itself to latest version.

I will try rolling it back and see what happens.

Thank you. :)

As per latest(2.5.17) manual:

Plugin version 2.5.17 works for parallel installations of DCS 2.5.5 Release and 2.5.6 Open Beta.

2.5.5 Open Beta is not supported: for this, revert back to plugin version 2.5.15.

Once 2.5.6 propagates to release version there will be a separate patch / update.

For 2.5.6 open beta STEAM users are advised to use Custom Path, checking the OB box.

Hollywood_315: I've tried to learn the Jester commands for months now, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. If I re-enabled the on-screen Jester menu, what sort of conflicts could I expect, and are you able to provide instructions on how I can do that? The funny thing is that AI Rio disables the Jester menu in my open beta (now 2.5.6) as expected, but my release version seems to have both AI RIO and the Jester menu working alongside each other...

Edited by Horns
Addressed to Hollywood_315 and capitalized RIO correctly

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Hollywood_315: I've tried to learn the Jester commands for months now, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. If I re-enabled the on-screen Jester menu, what sort of conflicts could I expect, and are you able to provide instructions on how I can do that? The funny thing is that AI Rio disables the Jester menu in my open beta (now 2.5.6) as expected, but my release version seems to have both AI RIO and the Jester menu working alongside each other...

There's kneeboard pages you can download for quick reference

There's kneeboard pages you can download for quick reference
Thanks for replying :) The problem is really the ongoing need to consult resources like kneeboard pages, but thanks for the info.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

As I understand it, the 2 are mutually exclusive. I have memorised the commands I use regularly and used to have a print-out for reference. Now I have moved to VR it is the kneeboard solution for me

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

No ATC recipients available

Hi

Since 2.5.6 I have had several issues with Viacom Pro

Updates seem to have fixed the first one, which had lines in Voice attack saying Ario had been disabled.

I still have an issue which makes using the TomCat impossible for ATC or Jester commands and other aircraft back to manually operating ATC

Before I start let me say I have happily used Viacom Pro and Ario for quite a while with no issues. I am on the latest version of Voice Attack and Viacom pro. I am running Voice attack as administrator, I have also reset the lua File using Viacom’s UI... and restarted VA and DCS.

These examples are from multiplayer sessions

When I say a command, the command is recognised by the software, it beeps to acknowledge recognition, and then does nothing. When I call an ATC recipients such as Stennis or an airbase like Senaki I get no response from DCS.

Viacom beeps a recognition tone but nothing happens, when I look, Voice attack reports “No ATC recipients currently available”. This happens in the F-18 even though a manual radio tune and menu selection has ATC responding normally.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.

Cheers

Boomer

Hello Hollywood, I’m still having the same problem with jester it does enable the navgrid but it cant select the sectors nor center on the aircraft, although he responds ok, he enables what he want in the grid.

Hope you can help me.

Ok, so I have a lot of love for this program as i fly in VR almost exclusively. The one problem that I have is that Vaicom will NOT change the radios for me when I ask Jester to manually change them. More specifically the -182 radio. I will say "Radio Tune, (and then for example) two five zero decimal zero" but Voice attack does not even respond to the input. I have not tried the map markers, as I want to work on one problem at a time, and they may be connected.

Ok, so I have a lot of love for this program as i fly in VR almost exclusively. The one problem that I have is that Vaicom will NOT change the radios for me when I ask Jester to manually change them. More specifically the -182 radio. I will say "Radio Tune, (and then for example) two five zero decimal zero" but Voice attack does not even respond to the input. I have not tried the map markers, as I want to work on one problem at a time, and they may be connected.

I don't know what is wrong in your case but as a tip, you can't really leave a pause between "Radio Tune" and the Frequency numbers, you have to say it in one go, because the whole thing is one command and VA will "stop looking" for words to form a command if you leave it too long to speak the next word. I find that speaking quite fast works very well for radio tuning commands even using standard Windows Voice Recognition Engine.

Hello all,

I am still new to VA, Viacom and VP, but I am starting to iron out the wrinkles I have been having with the software. I have paid for all the licenses, and I have a few basic questions;

1. I am mainly experimenting with VA in the FA-18 Red Flag Aggressors campaign. I don’t know exactly how to check in and use the F10 commands. I know how to use the f10 menus by saying the numbers but I unable to “Fence In” Any idea on what I should be saying? Perhaps I have the wrong comm channel?

2. My wingman ”Uzi 2” asks me to copy (Again f10) how do I acknowledge him? Nothing works but I noticed for some reason when I say “Status” I get the “copy” that Uzi 2 is looking for. Basically;

“Status” = ”copy”

“Copy”/“Uzi 1 Copy”/”Uzi 2 copy” = nothing

3. At some point I got a message in VA about needing a license for Super Carrier. I actually am EA for Supercarrier, what is this?

4. Lastly commands via default settings are intensely choppy. For example I have to say, “Nellis” --wait 3 seconds BEEP --Then -- “Uzi 1” wait 3 seconds BEEP - -Then—“Request Taxi” Then roughly 3 seconds it executes. Is this normal?

Thanks all, sorry for length, hopefully I conveyed what I am looking for…

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

Hi, had some troubles last week but all look near normal now.

Except that i have a doubt about my command library.

I use Vaicom pro license, chatter and airio.

I have a list of 839 commands in vaicom pro list.

Is it the normal default value?

I tell it because i can't use the command "scan sector, angels..".

I see it in voice attack "profile" "extension packs" but not usable or recognised in game.

Thanks for reply.

Last but not least, still no airio.vap file in voice attack "extensions" subfolder, only a vaicom pro for dcs.vap file in "apps" subfolder.

Maybe a problem?

Hello, is there a voice command to ask for the fuel quantity of your wingmen/flight?

No, as there is no command for that in DCS.

Hello all,

I am still new to VA, Viacom and VP, but I am starting to iron out the wrinkles I have been having with the software. I have paid for all the licenses, and I have a few basic questions;

1. I am mainly experimenting with VA in the FA-18 Red Flag Aggressors campaign. I don’t know exactly how to check in and use the F10 commands. I know how to use the f10 menus by saying the numbers but I unable to “Fence In” Any idea on what I should be saying? Perhaps I have the wrong comm channel?

2. My wingman ”Uzi 2” asks me to copy (Again f10) how do I acknowledge him? Nothing works but I noticed for some reason when I say “Status” I get the “copy” that Uzi 2 is looking for. Basically;

“Status” = ”copy”

“Copy”/“Uzi 1 Copy”/”Uzi 2 copy” = nothing

3. At some point I got a message in VA about needing a license for Super Carrier. I actually am EA for Supercarrier, what is this?

4. Lastly commands via default settings are intensely choppy. For example I have to say, “Nellis” --wait 3 seconds BEEP --Then -- “Uzi 1” wait 3 seconds BEEP - -Then—“Request Taxi” Then roughly 3 seconds it executes. Is this normal?

1- If you are trying to use F10 Menu commands you have to let Vaicom import them then add them to your profile, with the finish button on Vaicom's editor tab. Then each command is precceded with the word "action", other than that I can't be of much help I've never dabbled much into using Vaicom for F10 menu items. I just use the "Options" command for that.

2- "Status" is a AOCS command, has to be used in Crystal Palace frequency, and only works as far as I can tell with normal TX mode. Other than that I think your question is also regarding the same as point 1.

3- Vaicom recognized as you saying one of the New commands for the SuperCarrier comms. It doesn't mater that you have Pre-Purchassed the SC, since the module is still not in DCS, this commands will not be available to you. This is something I believe Hollywood is still working on, and getting some work done prior to SC release, probably so he can get Vaicom up to speed ASP after SC release.

4- If you use recipient in your wording yes, there i a delay, I don't think it's no where near 3 seconds, but there is a delay. You skip it and just say "Request Taxi".

Edited by lxsapper

I still having some major problems with DCS 2.5.6 and Voice attack...

I am using latest version of Voice attack, Vaicom pro and DCS open beta.

1st problem:

My loading screen of DCS stucks at 10%. I always have to repair the installation of DCS and then getting the message, that "common.lua" and "speech.lua" are not the original version of the files (I know, that Voice attack is changing those files).

After repairing the installation, DCS is running with Voice attack. But I have to repair DCS always, before starting it new.

2nd problem:

Voice attack does recognize my phrases, e.g. "ATC, request take off" or "Flight, engage bandits". But nothing happens afterwards. Reading the log of VA, it tells me, that no recipient has been found...!? I am using easy comms in DCS and VA. I never had such problems before.

Does anyone have a clue, how to solve the above mentioned problems?

Many thanks in advance!

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

I still having some major problems with DCS 2.5.6 and Voice attack...

I am using latest version of Voice attack, Vaicom pro and DCS open beta.

1st problem:

My loading screen of DCS stucks at 10%. I always have to repair the installation of DCS and then getting the message, that "common.lua" and "speech.lua" are not the original version of the files (I know, that Voice attack is changing those files).

After repairing the installation, DCS is running with Voice attack. But I have to repair DCS always, before starting it new.

2nd problem:

Voice attack does recognize my phrases, e.g. "ATC, request take off" or "Flight, engage bandits". But nothing happens afterwards. Reading the log of VA, it tells me, that no recipient has been found...!? I am using easy comms in DCS and VA. I never had such problems before.

Does anyone have a clue, how to solve the above mentioned problems?

Many thanks in advance!

Issue 2 is the same as mine from a previous post, I’m glad it’s not just me, but would like to find a solution for both of us.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers

Edited by Boomer_QLD

Looking for some help on moving a profile with both my default and custom commands from my old computer to my new one. I think I have tried the obvious of export and import but my custom commands never show up on the new computer.

Thanks in advance

STGChamby

Does Vaicom support hot mic yet? I bought it but haven't started using it because I've been using Voiceattack for all my aircraft function commands so far... Is there a way to get it to differentiate Vaicom commands via PTT from normal spoken (aircraft function) commands without having to use a PTT button?

1st problem:

This has been answered multiple times. Go back some pages. The key is to do it in the right order. A forum is not really efficient for such things, becaus the imported posts go down. Maybe can Holywood add links to the first post to the answers of faq. Or add it to his homepage.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN