VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Spot on, thank you.:thumbup:

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Hi. I've been having an issue ever since I installed Vaicom Pro, where on-screen text obscures the in-game comms menu. Example here: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/776243048949557243/E60ACBA81F150FD5DF77A3FA4DCC73F22AEC1838/

Any way to fix this? Thanks!

Not entirely sure but that doesn't seem like a Vaicom issue. Are you sure in that particular situation the two wouldn't overlap before you had Vaicom?

Not entirely sure but that doesn't seem like a Vaicom issue. Are you sure in that particular situation the two wouldn't overlap before you had Vaicom?

Hmm. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots of the comms menu open prior to installing Vaicom, but I honestly don't recall ever finding myself unable to read the text on the menu until I installed Vaicom.

No man, I'm sorry. Just updated and it worked. Are you using the correct freq? Just saying.

Like I said before, I was using the in-built audio redirect in DCS to direct cockpit audio to my headphones. If you're doing the same, try disabling it and see if it works makes a difference.

Harker, can you please tell me how to use crystal palace properly..Do i need to have auto brief option chechked, and is briefeing only audio spoken or is it visible in VA screen?

Do i need to have AM frequency 70 or 42 or 284 - selected to have crsytal palace read briefing or giving status?

For me i only hear auto brief on start of mision..and i had to setup external 3d sound application "Razer Surround" in a way that audio voices sliders are maxed all the way to be able to hear AOCS briefing

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Well, it ended up being some sound setup wonkiness. I had to enable audio redirect in VAICOM PRO to speakers OTHER than my headphones for some unknown reason. Now I can hear the AOCS updates.

Thanks for the help and thanks, Hollywood, for getting the hotfix out so amazingly fast.

Did you leave redirect to OTHER ? And do you have option auto brief chechked?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Can somebody please explain this from manual page 44 :

chapter --> Adding additional VA profile commands for AIRIO

this part need explaining:

Note: As an alternative to above steps, advanced users can daisy-chain the AIRIO profile to their

VAICOM PRO for DCS World master profile if desired.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Harker, can you please tell me how to use crystal palace properly..Do i need to have auto brief option chechked, and is briefeing only audio spoken or is it visible in VA screen?

Do i need to have AM frequency 70 or 42 or 284 - selected to have crsytal palace read briefing or giving status?

Ad per the recent update, Crystal Palace is accessible like any other unit, on certain frequencies. I remember that 284 MHz AM works for certain, but I'm not 100% about it the two others. Check the relevant section on the manual for them.

After that, it should work just like any other unit. You'll get voice comms and the VA window will also display the info.

You don't need to have Auto-brief checked, but I think you need to have Deep Interrogate checked.

You should also verify by checking the manual, I'm just a user myself and I might've made a mistake.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

When i play Singleplayer nearly in every mission the DCS comms menu refused to show up at some point.

At the begining it show all options even in the air ("/"and radio transmit Button are working both to show the recipend) but it some point it regret to work.

When i go to Preferences in the Vaicom Pro options, select and unselect "Disable Menus"

it will pop up once.

Most time happening in missions with custom F10 options but in others too.

Tried different combinations of "ïmport F10 menu" "disable Menus" "allow Options" always same result.

Some furt testing, nearly never happen in Multiplayer only SP and as said before :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I have the same problem with the AIRIO.

Seems that I’m not the only one.

No solution so far. Someone said something about a hotfix, but no idea where to find it. Searched everything.

UPDATE

The most recent patch fixed this issue. AIRIO is now working in Multiplayer.

Have you tested it ?

It isn’t working for me.

Hi guys, catching up in random order:

@all AOCS Crystal Palace frequencies are AM 071.000/142.000/284.000 MHz see manual.

@HILOK Cheers :thumbup:

@sthompson Thanks mate. Yes you map the same keys/buttons to TX1-3 as to the radios 1-3 in SRS.

The plugin detects human players and AI units on the selected frequency and behaviour is adjusted based on the settings.

Best to simply check it out: you can now with voicechat and it will become available in SRS Client 1.7.3 version.

@Kim Silva OK trying to understand your message: are you saying that AIRIO is working on all except one specific MP server (BFPG)?

That's quite well possible, functionality has been tested on a wide range of servers but not all functionality can be guaranteed on all MP servers e.g. server-side scripting may interfere.

If confirmed by other players contacting that server's admin would then look like your best option.

@all Known issue some module radios don't (yet) support proper AM/FM modulation changing, so keep an eye out for that when selecting frequencies.

@KewlerMouh Should work but we'll have a look to see if we can find anything

@all If you get a message about Chatter command not available, make sure the *chatter* command is in your profile unedited. Alternatively use the new .vap profile via Config/Export.

@GCBraun @Wreyth Your issue looks MS Windows related: suggest try moving your taskbar to lower end of screen instead of top and see if that makes a difference.

@Starfire13 Text block positioning is by design to optimise screen space.

The assumption is menu is not or minimally needed when using the plugin and text block shifted down is not properly readible in VR.

BTW on-screen-text can be disabled as a whole in Preferences.

@utexgrad LOL #3898 and thanks for updating.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Kim Silva OK trying to understand your message: are you saying that AIRIO is working on all except one specific MP server (BFPG)?

That's quite well possible, functionality has been tested on a wide range of servers but not all functionality can be guaranteed on all MP servers e.g. server-side scripting may interfere.

If confirmed by other players contacting that server's admin would then look like your best option.

@utexgrad LOL #3898 and thanks for updating.

Grtz

Vaicom Version:2.5.15

AIRIO Version:2.5.6

Sadly no. It is the exact opposite problem. I only have the AIRIO on the BlueFlag Caucasus Map worknig.

All other server wont work.

The last update made it worse, as before that update I was able to play on the Blue flag persian gulf server as well.

But not anymore.

There is one thing, which could be the cause and which I dont understand. In the airio INSTALL_NOTES.txt there is this line:

IMPORTANT: The plugin must be using automatic lua install (or Custom Path option), manual lua installs are not supported by the AIRIO extension.

Until now, I was just extracting the AIRIO.dll file into its folder location.

@Kim Silva Sounds like you have some entirely different install problem.

Suggest to run a DCS Repair and install latest plugin build 2.5.15.2 from the website.

Then try again and send me a PM if you need more help.

Grtz

I did all this steps and you have a pm.

Are you the develeoper ?

Btw. what does IMPORTANT: The plugin must be using automatic lua install (or Custom Path option), manual lua installs are not supported by the AIRIO extension. mean ?

Haven't used VAICOM PRO for a few years...looking to get back into DCS. Installed the latest plugin and ran through the configtool but i can't get DCS to respond to the commands. Even tried the 'OPTIONS' command to see if the menu would come up but I get nothin'

CLEARED HOTAS MIC mappings in DCS as that's how I use VA / VAICOM PRO. How do I troubleshooting this issue?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MB: B450M Pro4

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

SSD: 500GB

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB

Haven't used VAICOM PRO for a few years...looking to get back into DCS. Installed the latest plugin and ran through the configtool but i can't get DCS to respond to the commands. Even tried the 'OPTIONS' command to see if the menu would come up but I get nothin'

CLEARED HOTAS MIC mappings in DCS as that's how I use VA / VAICOM PRO. How do I troubleshooting this issue?

I’m new to this myself, but do you see in the voice attack window what you’re saying and a response from the program?

Do you hear the mic clicks when you push the buttons?

I see in VA window it is recognizing words...like Options, Kubuleti, etc.... Still I get no response from DCS. I also hear the MIC clicks but no Feedback beeps....

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MB: B450M Pro4

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

SSD: 500GB

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB

Voice Attack has the ability to have nested profiles. So if you nest a profile for the ARIO commands in the main VAICOM Pro profile then all of the ARIO commands will be available with no need to explicitly copy them into the VAICOM Pro profile. This has the advantage that if just the ARIO profile changes then those changes will be available in the main profile automatically. There are rules that determine precedence when the commands in a nested profile conflict. See the Voice Attack manual for details. I don't currently have it available.

Can somebody please explain this from manual page 44 :

chapter --> Adding additional VA profile commands for AIRIO

this part need explaining:

Note: As an alternative to above steps, advanced users can daisy-chain the AIRIO profile to their

VAICOM PRO for DCS World master profile if desired.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

@Starfire13 Text block positioning is by design to optimise screen space.

The assumption is menu is not or minimally needed when using the plugin and text block shifted down is not properly readible in VR.

BTW on-screen-text can be disabled as a whole in Preferences.

Thanks for the response, Hollywood. Is there any way for me to switch back to the old text block positioning? I often play at night, and use of voice comms is not always a possibility (due to family sleeping), so I am restricted to comms menu at those times.

Hollywood, I had the issue with ACOS failing to be heard when started. I fixed the issue while following UtexGrad's hint about looking at the re-direct option in the Audio tab.

I cycled the Redirect to the desktop speakers and the ACOS started playing I then returned it back to Rift Audio (my headset) and nothing to be heard. then by selecting default the ACOS started playing again. I turned the REDIR back to off and it is now working fine.

Just for your info, there may be an error in the config script for those users that have played around with audio settings. I can't pinpoint the time it stopped working but I had messed around with the redirct some time ago. particularity the REDIR to Off may not return the sound for ACOS back to the default device? Possible?

Edited by PeneCruz

I am having this issue - ACOS or AOCS starts with female stating only one sentence "AOCS breafing read starts:" (or something similar) and then voice stops --- and it doesnt read anything else - also in va i am getting only this:

https://i.imgur.com/v8tXoT7.jpg

and i still dont know if reading is happening somewhere in background and i dont hear it??

Still cant hear AOCS...And now i cant tune down volume form chatter !!! I set volume of chatter to lowest, and it stills yells in my headphones

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia