VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

[...] Now that xWARGOx has asked the question (if there is a specific frequency for AOCS, and since the answer is yes). I wonder if that's the trouble people are having? Beeing used to the old way of doing things, they didn't notice it in the announcement or the manual?[...]

It could indeed be the problem for some, but I tried all of the new AOCS frequencies and none of them works.

I should add that, inside DCS, I'm redirecting the cockpit sounds to my headset and the rest go through my speakers, if it makes a difference. I also get comms audio through my headset, but the Chatter plays though the speakers. My speakers are set as my default audio device in Windows. I can try to assign the headset as default, tomorrow, and see if that fixes the AOCS.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Seems everyone kinda keeps ignoring the issue that the config menu won't display. kinda annoying, I have to delete the config file to get it to show again and if i close it it refuses to show again till i delete the config file. Everytime deleting the config file is getting really annoying because i have to select all my options again and even then some don't want to work properly.

Can you please point me where is that config file stored (the one ou delete)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

For anybody having issues with low/distorted sound from AOCS or even from Jester - check you external app..For example, i have razzer surround app that mimics 360 surround sound, and in there i had voice clarity slider which i had to move full right - to get AOCS auto brief sound to be loud and clear !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Can you please point me where is that config file stored (the one ou delete)?

it's in your voiceattack/plugins/vaicom/config or something like that (probably mispelling).... basically in that area, easy to find. only 1 file in the config folder just delete and restart voiceattack. it only works temporarily though and i end up just keeping voiceattack and the config menu open on a 2nd screen.

Is It possible to have different ptt buttons on different modules? I'm building a collective to use with helicopters and now my ptt buttons are on the 4 positions radio button of the TM warthog throttle. When my collective will be completed I'll have to move away the warthog throttle when I'll have to fly rotary wings, and It Will be impossible to reach the warthog radio button. I'd like to save a different ptt button just for helicopters, without the need to change It every time from voice attack settings. Is It possible?

Is It possible to have different ptt buttons on different modules? I'm building a collective to use with helicopters and now my ptt buttons are on the 4 positions radio button of the TM warthog throttle. When my collective will be completed I'll have to move away the warthog throttle when I'll have to fly rotary wings, and It Will be impossible to reach the warthog radio button. I'd like to save a different ptt button just for helicopters, without the need to change It every time from voice attack settings. Is It possible?

Unfortunately it's not, but you can use keystrokes to do it. If your controller solution doesn't provide a way to do this, use a generic one like joy2key or similar. I'm using TM TARGET to do it, some people might find it better to always have the TXs PTTs on the same place not to cause confusion, but I prefer to set up my controlers to try to mimic as much as possible the real aircraft, so I end up having them diferent. I'm using TARGETs ability to use keystrokes for functions keys F13-F24 to easely program single keystrokes with no conflicts in DCS.

This is also the best way if you don't want to keep having to go into SRS and chage your assignments as well (if you're using that too).

Other than that there is one way to do it with VoiceAttack (even though I said there was not), wich is to make several copies of your VAICOM profile and set up each one for an aircraft.

Seems everyone kinda keeps ignoring the issue that the config menu won't display. kinda annoying, I have to delete the config file to get it to show again and if i close it it refuses to show again till i delete the config file. Everytime deleting the config file is getting really annoying because i have to select all my options again and even then some don't want to work properly.

Try to have a look at this:

Edit your VAICOM profile in VA, anf find this command.

VA1.jpg

Then edit the command and check it, it should look like this:

VA2.jpg

That's all I can think of.

So why cant I get chatter to work?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Unfortunately it's not, but you can use keystrokes to do it. If your controller solution doesn't provide a way to do this, use a generic one like joy2key or similar. I'm using TM TARGET to do it, some people might find it better to always have the TXs PTTs on the same place not to cause confusion, but I prefer to set up my controlers to try to mimic as much as possible the real aircraft, so I end up having them diferent. I'm using TARGETs ability to use keystrokes for functions keys F13-F24 to easely program single keystrokes with no conflicts in DCS.

This is also the best way if you don't want to keep having to go into SRS and chage your assignments as well (if you're using that too).

Other than that there is one way to do it with VoiceAttack (even though I said there was not), wich is to make several copies of your VAICOM profile and set up each one for an aircraft.

I do not use target software but I have joy2key, so maybe I can set it so that a button on my collective mimics a keystroke used for ptt. That seems to be a good idea, thanks! The several copies of VA profile method requires to change the profile when switching from fixed wings to rotary (in my case) and playing VR it's not very easy to do. I prefer to launch joy2key at the beginning of the gaming session.

Edited by nessuno0505

Hello Folks, I'am using the Vaicom Expansion AIRIO for the F14.

Up until like 4 Weeks or so I was able to use it on every online server.

But not anymore.

I’m asking as voiceattac is giving me on most (not all) servers, the message “AIRIO commands are not available at this time.”

The normal Vaicom PugIn functions do work. Like talking with the Groudcrew.

But Jester isnt responding.

As an example:

So I can use AIRIO on Blueflag Caucasus.

But I can’t use AIRIO on Blue Flag Persian Golf at the moment.

Can anyone using AIRIO please verify that ?

Both Servers do have "Allow player export eneabled"

What am I missng here ? :helpsmilie:

UPDATE

The most recent patch fixed this issue. AIRIO is now working in Multiplayer.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

UPDATE

The most recent patch fixed this issue. AIRIO is now working in Multiplayer.

Hey thanks for the reply.

Which patch do refer to ? Im not getting any update so far and I dont fnd any patch on the web page.

When was this patch released ?

:joystick:

The latest patch fixed AOCS for me. That was so quick, you guys rock!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Hey thanks for the reply.

Which patch do refer to ? Im not getting any update so far and I dont fnd any patch on the web page.

When was this patch released ?

:joystick:

Try restarting VA. The last patch I have is 2.5.15.2

-

Try to have a look at this:

Edit your VAICOM profile in VA, anf find this command.

VA1.jpg

Then edit the command and check it, it should look like this:

VA2.jpg

That's all I can think of.

it's not a problem of the keybind to open it , it opens but doesn't show anything or pop up. just a blank window that is minimized. as I said before deleting the config file fixes it till i restart voicxeattack but i have to put all the config settings back in. I would delete all the files and do a complete fresh install but my dcs path is not in the default location and I don't know what files to delete from my dcs folder for vaicomm

Hollywood....

62OA.gif

The Gratuitous Showing Off Part

MB: MSI Z370 GAMING M5

CPU: Intel I7-8700 3.7ghz o/c to 5.0

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 4266

HDD: Mix of SSDs (Samsung) and Standard

Video Card: MSI 1080-Ti Gaming X

O/S: Windows 10-64 bit

Controllers

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals

VR System

Oculus Rift S

Lost voices

Since installing Viacom 2.5.15.2, or to be more precise, the release a day or two before that I have lost come of the voices you normally hear.

ie. When I ask to rearm, I hear me ask but there is no voice response, only the text in the top left of the game window. Same when I ask AWACs something or when I ask to join the tanker.

If I repair DCS and run without Voice Attack then all is OK. As soon as I run Voice attack with DCS I lose the voice responses and can only get them back by carrying out a repair of DCS. Before this last pair of updates everything was OK.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Since installing Viacom 2.5.15.2, or to be more precise, the release a day or two before that I have lost come of the voices you normally hear.

ie. When I ask to rearm, I hear me ask but there is no voice response, only the text in the top left of the game window. Same when I ask AWACs something or when I ask to join the tanker.

If I repair DCS and run without Voice Attack then all is OK. As soon as I run Voice attack with DCS I lose the voice responses and can only get them back by carrying out a repair of DCS. Before this last pair of updates everything was OK.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Jim

Take a look at my post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4180605&postcount=3862

The latest patch fixed AOCS for me. That was so quick, you guys rock!

I'm sad to say that the patch didn't work for me. I'm still seeing the info only in the Voice Attack window, not actually read out to me.

I cleared out the database and let it rebuild the commands and still nothing. Do you have anything else that you did after installing the hotfix?

Thanks!

Controllers

VR System

Oculus Rift S

I'm sad to say that the patch didn't work for me. I'm still seeing the info only in the Voice Attack window, not actually read out to me.

I cleared out the database and let it rebuild the commands and still nothing. Do you have anything else that you did after installing the hotfix?

Thanks!

No man, I'm sorry. Just updated and it worked. Are you using the correct freq? Just saying.

Like I said before, I was using the in-built audio redirect in DCS to direct cockpit audio to my headphones. If you're doing the same, try disabling it and see if it works makes a difference.

-

No man, I'm sorry. Just updated and it worked. Are you using the correct freq? Just saying.

Like I said before, I was using the in-built audio redirect in DCS to direct cockpit audio to my headphones. If you're doing the same, try disabling it and see if it works makes a difference.

I think I'm using the correct frequency. Crystal Palace should be accessible without having to select a specific one, right?

I'll try the redirect disabling and see if that gets me over the hump. Thanks for the reply, good sir!

Controllers

VR System

Oculus Rift S

Well, it ended up being some sound setup wonkiness. I had to enable audio redirect in VAICOM PRO to speakers OTHER than my headphones for some unknown reason. Now I can hear the AOCS updates.

Thanks for the help and thanks, Hollywood, for getting the hotfix out so amazingly fast.

Controllers

VR System

Oculus Rift S

Well, it ended up being some sound setup wonkiness. I had to enable audio redirect in VAICOM PRO to speakers OTHER than my headphones for some unknown reason. Now I can hear the AOCS updates.

Thanks for the help and thanks, Hollywood, for getting the hotfix out so amazingly fast.

Glad you got it working. I guess you figured out that in the update from a couple of days ago, Crystal Palace is on specific frequencies. 7, 142 and 284 MHz AM, if I'm not mistaken.

Happy flying!

-