VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Could be one of 3 settings

1) Windows, go to System (the gear wheel in the start menu)/Settings or Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and ensure Windows is directing its output to the right card/device

2) Voice Attack Settings use the wrench/spanner on the VA box and go to the Audio Tab and ensure the correct outputs are listed and enabled

3)Vaicom L_CTRL L_ALT c that brings up the Vaicom menu go to Audio and you can alter stuff in there or just switch it off and it will use Voice Attack Settings

As far as switching off menus, you can switch off the menus and your own voice playback in the Vaicom menu under the Preferences tab

There are 2 excellent Help guides for Vaicom and Voice attack and all that info is there. Recommend you download them both as they helped me a lot

VAICOM Help

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_user_manual.pdf

Voice Attack Help

https://voiceattack.com/VoiceAttackHelp.pdf

Dunno if that helps or not

When I am at my desktop running Vaicom Pro, I hear the audio feedback - squelch sound - when I push to talk.

However now for some reason in DCS, I no longer get that audio feedback.

I had a look in Vaicom settings but do not see anything deselected in there that might cause this.

Any ideas?

I am running latest version of Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro.

Ok got this one sorted.

There are some new sound settings in the audio tab in DCS, and apparently I had plugged in something in there, anyway I just set them back to default and now have my sound feedback when I press PTT again.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok got this one sorted.

There are some new sound settings in the audio tab in DCS, and apparently I had plugged in something in there, anyway I just set them back to default and now have my sound feedback when I press PTT again.

I never knew these were there thanks for the alert

That could also be the problem for williehayes as well as the other 3 I mentioned in the previous post

The audio redirect does not work. Trying to get VA/VAICOM to go out my Rift S without setting my default audio to rift S. It doesn't work at all. I set the VA to integrated audio/output to Rift S, and the redirect thing in VAICOM. I never hear the audio cues. It works if I set my default audio out to Rift S.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I couldn't find an answer to this and I'm having the same problem.

Any ideas?

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Question on the sound played for PTT ?

Ok so we have this sound played with Vaicom Pro when the PTT button is press/released.

I have created a new profile for another game, and wish to play a sound for it as well.

However the only place I see to assign a sound is in the global options in Voice Attack. But having anything set in global options Vaicom Pro plays it's sound with no problem.

Is there a way to set this in Voice Attack per a profile for a game? When I set a sound for my other game, it of course also plays along with the default Vaicom Pro sound when using DCS.

Where does Vaicom set this sound in Voice Attack?

Thanks for any tips,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hmm ok it seems it only plays both sounds when I release TX1.

When I press TX1 with Vaicom Pro profile loaded, it only plays the default Vaicom sound which is what I want.

When I release TX1, it plays both sounds - the Vaicom and the one I assigned in global settings that I want it to use with my other game profile.

I also noticed when I release, the dialogue box for Vaicom in Voice Attack shows release being issued twice... Not sure why this is?

Don B

Audio routing has mostly to do with stuff outside the plugin.

Suggest to review the following

- Your MS Windows and Audio routing and driver settings

- DCS Audio and VR Audio Device settings, audio level sliders,

- Enable/Disable Redirect in plugin Audio tab,

- Oculus device settings,

- Oculus has introduced a new Oculus Virtual Audio Device, disable,

To note VAICOM PRO plugin audio is independent of any VA audio.

To reduce log entries: in your VA profile you can remove VA Start / Stop listening lines from the TX commands:

all listening states are managed from within the plugin these days and these lines have become obsolete.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Vaicom Pro generating unwanted keystrokes

I have Vaicom Pro licenses and with A-10C everything was fine. I just got the F-14 and the RIO plug-in but Vaicom is now generating spurious keystrokes so that the Comms Menu (mapped to \ in DCS) keeps showing up or disappearing. This happens in the F-14 but not in the A-10C.

When I close VoiceAttack or simply disable the Vaicom profile the issue goes away.

I have triple checked all the key mappings and I don't see anywhere keys could be generated, but Vaicom is generating keystrokes that trigger the comms menu somehow.

Any thoughts?

Audio routing has mostly to do with stuff outside the plugin.

Suggest to review the following

- Your MS Windows and Audio routing and driver settings

- DCS Audio and VR Audio Device settings, audio level sliders,

- Enable/Disable Redirect in plugin Audio tab,

- Oculus device settings,

- Oculus has introduced a new Oculus Virtual Audio Device, disable,

To note VAICOM PRO plugin audio is independent of any VA audio.

To reduce log entries: in your VA profile you can remove VA Start / Stop listening lines from the TX commands:

all listening states are managed from within the plugin these days and these lines have become obsolete.

Thanks Hollywood but the issue was not where audio is being routed.

Where it is being routed is perfectly fine.

I will keep plugging away and try and figure out what has happened to my Vaicom Profile after adding another game profile to the equation. For some reason something has gone amiss with Vaicom by me doing so. I would not think adding another separate game profile should have affected Vaicom but apparently it has. The other game profile I even have assigned PTT to different button than I have Vaicom assigned to. Yet the release in Vaicom profile gives me two instances of release in my VA text log along with both sounds - the Vaicom sound and the sound I have assigned for the other game. I do not understand why my Vaicom Profile would do this. Only on release, not on press. Very strange.

Also - Where does Vaicom set it's PTT press and release sound in Voice Attack?

Edited by dburne

Don B

Ok. I have spent a couple hours ensuring SRS and Vaicom are mapped correctly to the matching PTT radios etc and so SRS is working and Vaicom is activating the correct channel with the Warthog HOTAS Mic keys. The Menu behavior has gone away. I still can't get RIO working but I'll start a new thread for that.

F14 Rio Plug-in not working after going through manual steps

So, when I activate the Airio option in Vaicom Pro configuration, as expected, the Jester menu goes away. But I can't get Jester to respond to voice commands even though I can get a beep hit on the Vaicom voice recognition (although recognition is painful).

I have followed the instructions to export the plug-in data and import the Airio file to VA and then copy to Vaicom Pro for DCS profile.

Also, when I run the Plug-in Configuration Editor it shows 850 Key Words. When I press the Test button, it shows 365 missing aliases.

Is there something I need to do to resolve the 365 Aliases?

What other debug steps should I follow to understand why the Airio plug-in is not working?

Is there any setting i am missing that will make this happen:

1.start up VA, chatter starts

2.start up DCS chatter ok

3.Spawn in AC, chatter goes away and does not come back whatever i do

4.close down, dcs, va and restart va, chatter is back rinse repeat

I am at a miss here, any help appreciated.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Using Viacom Pro with Voice Attack and Easy Comms switched off. I can no longer get Crystal Palace to respond to STATUS or BRIEFING commands. Everything else seems to work okay. JTAC works. SELECT Kobuleti gets me in touch with the Tower.

The problem seems to be only getting Crystal Palace to talk to me.

Thanks ... Richard

I have an issue someone can hopefully help me with. Ive had it installed for a while now, but I came upon this issue this morning. I press LCtrl LAlt C and I cannot get the menu to open for me. Dont mind the DCS Huey profile I have listed above as its pretty much universal; I cant get the config menu to open to save my life. Ive tried reinstalling, Ive tried troubleshooting, Im running this as Admin, and its worked before. ANd for some reason, Voice Attack/Vaicom is placing files in the wrong directory; I didnt change the directory!

Any help appreciated.

1XDDWuV.jpg

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I have a few things i need help with:

1. Can i have AIRIO enabled plus Jester menu visible ingame at the same time?

(that way if jester cant recognize command i can use manual jester wheel selection)

2. Today i said to Jester to select MK81 which i have loaded, and he's response is MK81 not loaded?

3.At one point in mission i get reply from jester AIRIO not available at the moment - how to fix that?

4.After that i get message Jester not ready jet, wit 10 seconds-how to fix that?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hi Hollywood, an interesting issue. I get Chief recognized as Troops at 96% always now? If i say Troops I get Troops recognized at around 67%. Really odd as I have gone into the speech dictionary and added Chief but the problem continues. do you have any ideas? every other word is fine.

What is it server side that causes AIRIO to stop working? ( I feel it's the same thing that disables tacview, but I do not run a dedicated server and know the setting )

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

AOCS No Audio Output

@Thor_H Check the Link to Radio Power setting

@RichW AOCS uses Windows text-to-speech, make sure it is set up correctly.

@kfarley215 FINISH steps, see manual.

Grtz

Hi Hollywood_315

I have the same issue with AOCS output not playing audible sound. I have checked and confirmed the MS TTS setup is working and correctly playing the samples through my audio device. The VAICOM AOCS function still plays no audio.

Capture.JPG.1bdb5cf5a0d22734320edda0903e8da4.JPG

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Working now, thanks. Given Airio is for F-14s only, we also get the Navy chatter which is ok, but it seems to be shorter and more repetitive and almost all traps vs. the NATO chatter. I understand we can select which Chatter we want in the options if we don't want the default. Any plans for broader Navy chatter soon?

How do I talk to Stennis?

Hey Hollywood and hey all

I’m just learning Carrier landings and takeoffs and just general procedures in relation to contacting Stennis or other Carriers using VA and VP. I’m wondering if the manual has been updated to accommodate for this or do I just contact Carrier in a similar way one would talking to land based ATC? Also, how will VA and VP work with the new Super Carrier that’s coming?

Sorry if this has been asked before. Cheers all GA :thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉