VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Just installed. Everything seems to load plugin-wise when I start VoiceAttack and load the profile, no issues... except when I try to actually do something. The PTT window doesn't update with my current plane and commands recognized by VoiceAttack don't do anything in-game. Setting the custom path to my DCSWorld folder in my Steam directory didn't fix it.

open the config panel, select editor, if finish is illuminated press it and follow the instructions, then press reload...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

VAICOM PRO plugin update: release 2.5.14

- New PTT hot release function (page 27).

That is what I needed! Just tested and works well. I can control my plane now without PTT and with VAICOM PTT commands. AMAZING!

Thank you very much, Hollywood and happy holidays.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

VoiceAttack does NOT want to recognize "Radio Tune" command. Like, at all. It'll recognize other things, but not this one. "TACAN Tune" also tends to have some trouble being picked up, but none of these appear in the editor. I feel like adding an alternate command like "set radio" or "set tacan" would help but I don't know what the effect of editing them straight from the VA editor would have.

[EDIT] Apparently the "Scan Sector" and "Radio Tune" addon commands have a pretty low chance of activating. VoiceAttack literally reads "scan sector angels 14 at 30" and it wasn't recognized. TACAN Tune is in the editor though (missed it the first time), so there might be a correlation.

Edited by The Burrito

Hi guys, quick question...I somehow messed up the presentation of my Viacom profile commands. Everything was initially split into nice clean categories with borders making the creating of new voice commands nice a easy. Somehow I changed how the orders are listed and now they present as one big mess. Yes I can still sort by category of command but the borders and clean look are gone making it a mess. Any thoughts on how to get it back to its original separation/organization?

Thanks, jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

There are lots of items here and I can't find one that matches my problem. I got the latest versions of Voice Attack and VAICOM Pro today. I have the chatter and Jester add-ons. I haven't tried the Jester one yet. I can get chatter to play on the speakers and VAICOM uses the headset for comms. I can only hear the thud tone no matter what I do. I have been testing on F-18 and have the latest update for the open beta. DCS can see VAICOM and I have directed VAICOM to the correct folder (chatter works and VAICOM knows it's an F18). I'm not sure where to go now. Any help appreciated - including directing me to a FAQ answer, or somehow logging the interactions.

X2QkAVq.png

I can't fix this bloody error and the only language I've got on my PC is good old ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!

All possible language settings are set to american english now and it still things its not a valid configuration for windows speech... if I can't train this app, I can't use it!

Edit: make sure you have the touch keyboard & handwriting service enabled in windows services for this to work!! Some power users may disable this and that was my problem...

Edited by squid1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

Hi all

To confirm: VA 1.8.2 is OK to use.

@Ares With easy comms off the call is directed to the unit for which your radio is tuned.

If you use the wrong callsign for the selected frequency, this is auto-corrected.

If not properly tuned, the call will go to the currently selected unit as set by Select command or nearest by default.

Is NOT what i tested.

I'm on ARCO frequence

the nearest AAR is SHELL

I call ARCO for aproaching for refuel

Vaicom log write ARCO callsign and the right request

On DCS I have SHELL request

On VAICOM LOG i have a request for SHELL

ARCO doen't answer

shell doesn' anmswer

I made the same request via DCS Menù to ARCO

ARCO answer fine to my request

then if i made the voice PRECONTACT request everuthings it works as aspectet ARCO request is send in both vaicom & dcs and ARCO cleared me to precontact

Edited by Ares63

Hi all,

Im having an issue with viacom pro using the AOCS function. The viacom window recognizes my inquiry and command and displays the response in the viacom window but nothing is happening in dcs. All other commands seem to function fine. For example; Crystal Palace interrogate will give me the BRA, Freq and call sign in the voiceattack window with no response in DCS. I reset all in Voiceattack, Repaired DCS, STILL NO LUCK. Anyone else have this issue or any idea how to fix it?

X2QkAVq.png

I can't fix this bloody error and the only language I've got on my PC is good old ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!

All possible language settings are set to american english now and it still things its not a valid configuration for windows speech... if I can't train this app, I can't use it!

Edit: make sure you have the handwriting service enabled in windows for this to work!! Some power users may disable this and that was my problem...

Hi Squid. I have the exact same problem in not getting the speech recognition in Win 10 to work. I think I have 'handwriting services' tuned on, but where, and what did you do please?

Thanks

Paul

Testing VAICOM with Spitfire. I have noticed few minor problems with commands recognition. While in testing mod every command is recognized well but in-game I noticed these commands are not recognized:

1) When I say "flight, go eschelon right", VAICOM understand "Flight, go eschelon left" instead. But if I say only "go eschelon right", command is understood correctly.

2) "Flight, go spread four" is not recognized but "go spread four" si understood correctly.

3) "Flight, go wedge" is not recognized but "go wedge" is understood correctly.

Again, in testing mode, every single command phrase is understood correctly even the word "flight". It seems to me that the problem is how VAICOM evaluate compound commands i.e. "Flight" + "command".

But only in some cases because some compound commands are understand correctly e.g. "Flight, go finger four"¨, "Flight, Radio check" etc...

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Can somebody help me - how to train profile to better understand my pronounciation of numbers..It has difficulty understanding my numbers - "two" is often understood as "to"..

And secon issue - what is Min Unrecognized confidence level - and how do you set it up?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia