VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Huey Cargo Commands Reqonised But No Cargo Smoke

The Huey Cargo commands "Cargo" "Take 1" etc appear to be recognised but nothing happens in game. There is no smoke on any of the cargo's. When I say "Cargo" a default menu often appears with F6 All Cargos etc (don't know why this appears) but you can mouse click on menu, choose cargo and it will work as default menu. However I'm desperate to use VA/Vaicom Pro to voice these commands as it is such a pain trying to fly the Huey and mouse click or keyboard at the same time. I fly the Huey most of the time so it would be great if someone can point me in the right direction to rectify my problem

Littel update - PTT tab doesnt recognize my DCS module

Just a little update - this is my 3rd day that i cant get a VIACOM to recognize DCS module in my PTT tab..Do you guy when starting mission have a module written in VA app in PTT tab? Mine is like in post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4124635&postcount=3484

On a second picture i am now in my VAICOM profile seeing Scan sector command which i didnt see before, but i am not seeing TALD command listed..

15668952_TALDCOMMANDSmissing.thumb.jpg.7fea673957785cb3a071511d8bc3dcbf.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Why does my squelch sounds (that I like) often stop working? It’s quite frustrating actually, but the commands still work. Sometimes if I start Vaicom before DCS the squelches work, until I start a mission, then they’ll stop!

I have space bar (for the campaigns) mapped to a joystick button and I have also noticed if I have the the options panel open by pressing this command button one of the boxes gets checked and unchecked. Is there a way to stop this and is it maybe related to the above? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Why does my squelch sounds (that I like) often stop working? It’s quite frustrating actually, but the commands still work. Sometimes if I start Vaicom before DCS the squelches work, until I start a mission, then they’ll stop!

I have space bar (for the campaigns) mapped to a joystick button and I have also noticed if I have the the options panel open by pressing this command button one of the boxes gets checked and unchecked. Is there a way to stop this and is it maybe related to the above? Thanks

Note sure about the squelch sound, but you haven't by chance mapped a joystick button for PTT in Voice Attack settings to a TX button in VAICOM?

I did that by mistake, and that was not good. Totally misread the VCP manual at first... :doh:

And Voice Attack is little eager when you add the joysticks in the settings.

You can check this by unloading the VAICOM profile for another VA profile, and click your TX buttons on your joystick, and the headset will turn from "red" to grey, (Listening), or by just looking in the VA settings of course.

The SPACEBAR is hardcoded in Windows as the keyboard shortcut key for checking and unchecking check boxes. Might that be it?

And the VACOM PRO control panel is set by Hollywood to be "Always on Top" in the app, that's why you can have it over DCS.

But there shouldn't be a conflict as long as that same joystick button is NOT mapped to a TX button which interacts with VAICOM as it should do. One of the TX3-6 perhaps? You can probably see this on the PTT panel when you press that button, if any TX "lights up".

If whatever above didn't make sense, just tell me and I'll try to be clearer. :music_whistling:

Just a little update - this is my 3rd day that i cant get a VIACOM to recognize DCS module in my PTT tab..Do you guy when starting mission have a module written in VA app in PTT tab? Mine is like in post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4124635&postcount=3484

Yes. This is before a module is loaded.

2019-12-05_00-02-35.png.74f214d1dde449cf7342428a53e36d9e.png

After

2019-12-05_00-02-53.png.b4ee2242a604c71637099719d931d311.png

I know I asked you about this. But you are sure that you went through and selected the whole path to OB folder?

Like this. And clicking "OK".

2019-12-05_00-03-54.png.37ffab6d6a762168fb9637988d434a71.png

I've had the same problem as you before. Where module name won't show. I even did today I believe. AFTER the DCS.openbeta update.

Then I just close DCS. Restart Voice Attack, open VAICOM PRO control panel, and click the path to OB.

Then it always work after I start DCS again.

Noticed you have debug off. I'm not sure what it does, but try enable. and see if there's more in the logs when VAICOM profile loads.

On a second picture i am now in my VAICOM profile seeing Scan sector command which i didnt see before, but i am not seeing TALD command listed..

YE

I have the exact same as you.

2019-12-04_23-59-08.thumb.png.c04e516176673498b4073d50e47c9c63.png

Hollywood, or anyone that may be able to help....

Just ran into a problem with voice attack and Viacom Pro where when I am in cockpit I cannot execute any voice commands. When I press one of the PTT TXT buttons it quickly fires on says listening, then quickly lists some mission info in the voice attack screen and immediately stops listening. So no command can ever be passed on to DCS.

It doesn't do this while in the main DCS menus or window though. For example I can execute my order to recenter view normally.

Only change is I recently installed LotATC and SRS. Though neither is running. I did press the option in the Viacom options menu for SRS to see what would change but then unchecked it. Did I somehow screw up my configuration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jason

PS- It would suck to lose the countless hours of voice commands I've programmed in for each module

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Addendum- I even uninstalled SRS just to see if that would help but no joy

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Addendum- I even uninstalled SRS just to see if that would help but no joy
Do you run OpenBeta, and in that case, did you update today, and the problems started after?

Little tip. You can have a separate profile for each module outside VAICOM and still access them. If you are afraid of re-installing and losing all your propriarory commands, make a dummy profile or more and copy them from the VAICOM profile to this/these profiles.

It's as simple as select the command right click and select copy to.

But that maybe cumbersome.

It might be better to export/import, and delete everything VAICOM.

If you import a profile that's already there it will just add a number to the name.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ah. So in reality if flying with SRS and multiplayer then the need for much of Viacom is lessened I guess. Then I’m just looking to really use my voice attack voice commands (not related to Viacom).

I still haven’t figured out the best way to setup my PTT in voice attack and SRS when used together.

Addendum- I did figure out that if I start Voice attack after DCS and SRS are already up and running then it worked and I didn’t lose voice commands. But even when I pressed a PTT TXT button on an open unused radio slot in the C-101 it was still firing up the radio in SRS but I guess that more likely ties into me not having it ideally configured yet

Edited by jasonstory44
Spelling

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Hollywood, or anyone that may be able to help....

Just ran into a problem with voice attack and Viacom Pro where when I am in cockpit I cannot execute any voice commands. When I press one of the PTT TXT buttons it quickly fires on says listening, then quickly lists some mission info in the voice attack screen and immediately stops listening. So no command can ever be passed on to DCS.

It doesn't do this while in the main DCS menus or window though. For example I can execute my order to recenter view normally.

Only change is I recently installed LotATC and SRS. Though neither is running. I did press the option in the Viacom options menu for SRS to see what would change but then unchecked it. Did I somehow screw up my configuration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jason

PS- It would suck to lose the countless hours of voice commands I've programmed in for each module

I get same issue today. SRS not installed. Mission info interrupts recognition commands. Recognition works if use ESC-Pause

f378119ae2.jpg

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

Yea that was the exact issue I was having

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

@jason No such issue here, all working just fine with latest SRS, SSA, TacView.

Perhaps try with disabling LotATC then inspect your SRS config settings and re-check TX press/release bindings.

@Musicman Cargo is managed via "Cargo, options" and Take commands.

@Mojo What @MAXsSenna says, also check audio redirect setting.

@Phantomflyer @hreich suggestions here https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

@lxsapper Potentially in a next AIRIO update

@hreich Select TALD is part of the keywords set, apply FINISH steps if needed.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Ok now i am on day 5 of trying / reinstalling / logging etc etc.. i just cant get VA to recognize my DCS module,,What else - to reisntall all DCS or all win10 installation? Does anybody else hava a problem of VA not recognizing DCS module? Here are all my exports/logs files

Export.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Does anybody else hava a problem of VA not recognizing DCS module? Here are all my exports/logs files

Yes. after reinstalling and reset VAICOM settings, previous issue changed by new - no jets recognized by VAICOM. "Disable player voice" option don't work, no voice commands works (but recognizing by VA). Sometimes I get error that VA cannot find the dcs folder even if Steam folder select in vaicom setup. Auto detect no longer works for DCS Steam. VA still works fine with other profiles (not vaicom)

051edc08b4.jpg

If I copy vaicom files from "DCS.openbeta" to "DCS" (in Saved Games directory) I get previous issue, when voice commands works only with esc-pause, and when some mission data interrupts each recognition

Vm6bkvcjVlEqmZ.jpg1A59RyCG0a81AE.jpg

previously, such info show only when starting VA, not with every command

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

Yes. after reinstalling and reset VAICOM settings, previous issue changed by new - no jets recognized by VAICOM. "Disable player voice" option don't work, no voice commands works (but recognizing by VA). Sometimes I get error that VA cannot find the dcs folder even if Steam folder select in vaicom setup. Auto detect no longer works for DCS Steam. VA still works fine with other profiles (not vaicom)

051edc08b4.jpg

If I copy vaicom files from "DCS.openbeta" to "DCS" (in Saved Games directory) I get previous issue, when voice commands works only with esc-pause, and when some mission data interrupts each recognition

Vm6bkvcjVlEqmZ.jpg1A59RyCG0a81AE.jpg

previously, such info show only when starting a VA, not with every command

@Theseus did you setup path to DCS world in config tab?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@Theseus did you setup path to DCS world in config tab?

Yes. It works with steam openbeta version dcs. But bring another issue when commands works only with esc-pause because vaicom request data about jet\atc\mission in every command

DmBE7ntzdLxdrP.jpg

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

@Theseus Your log shows a clear install error:

Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5

Almost certainly to do with Windows AUC admin rights i.e. folder R/W access.

Elevate your Windows account rights for your Steam DCS program folder and/or check user manual page 35 for manual lua files install.

Obviously this assumes your VA runs as admin in the first place.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@jason No such issue here, all working just fine with latest SRS, SSA, TacView.

Perhaps try with disabling LotATC then inspect your SRS config settings and re-check TX press/release bindings.

@Musicman Cargo is managed via "Cargo, options" and Take commands.

@Mojo What @MAXsSenna says, also check audio redirect setting.

@Phantomflyer @hreich suggestions here https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

@lxsapper Potentially in a next AIRIO update

@hreich Select TALD is part of the keywords set, apply FINISH steps if needed.

Thanks Hollywood Cargo Options working now.

@Hollywood_315 Thanks for answer. After manual install Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5 error no longer appears, but I still get mission/atc/jet data in every command, and it broke recognition

KAx5gVi1nk3yr8.jpg nAyXeBTjy18L2Z.jpg

I get this log with every command. All works fine when game paused or esc-paused

YmEkq8TJbpB0A6.jpg

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

Ok now i am on day 5 of trying / reinstalling / logging etc etc.. i just cant get VA to recognize my DCS module,,What else - to reisntall all DCS or all win10 installation? Does anybody else hava a problem of VA not recognizing DCS module? Here are all my exports/logs files

I am still wating for suggestions? Why unisntall / reinstall vaicom prof doesnt fix my problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@Hollywood_315 Thanks for answer. After manual install Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5 error no longer appears, but I still get mission/atc/jet data in every command, and it broke recognition

KAx5gVi1nk3yr8.jpg nAyXeBTjy18L2Z.jpg

I get this log with every command. All works fine when game paused or esc-paused

YmEkq8TJbpB0A6.jpg

What are you using TX4 for?

If I'm not mistake it says in the manual that it's not really used.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I just reinstalled VA to another folder ...I also did the manual installation of lua and went through all this:

1. Export.lua This is an append file. Open this file in

with Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C. Next find the existing export.lu

(create a new empty export.lua file if it doesn’t ex

the export.lua below whatever else may already b

2. VAICOMPRO.export.lua Create a subfolder nam

Games/DCS/Scripts. Place the exported file VAICO

3. RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua This is an appen

all contents for copy with Ctrl-A,

‘DCSWorld\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPane

RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua file there with N

the copied contents with Ctrl-V and save.

4. TabSheetBar.lua Append file, found in the same f

5. speech.lua Also an append file. Add the contents

located in folder ‘DCS World\Sounds\Speech’

Still VA doesnt recognize my DCS module, everything is setup with admin rights, ports are open... I revoked and then entered licenses again..I don't have any more ideas of what to do?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I just reinstalled VA to another folder ...I also did the manual installation of lua and went through all this:

1. Export.lua This is an append file. Open this file in

with Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C. Next find the existing export.lu

(create a new empty export.lua file if it doesn’t ex

the export.lua below whatever else may already b

2. VAICOMPRO.export.lua Create a subfolder nam

Games/DCS/Scripts. Place the exported file VAICO

3. RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua This is an appen

all contents for copy with Ctrl-A,

‘DCSWorld\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPane

RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua file there with N

the copied contents with Ctrl-V and save.

4. TabSheetBar.lua Append file, found in the same f

5. speech.lua Also an append file. Add the contents

located in folder ‘DCS World\Sounds\Speech’

Still VA doesnt recognize my DCS module, everything is setup with admin rights, ports are open... I revoked and then entered licenses again..I don't have any more ideas of what to do?

I feel you're frustration, especially since this was working.

When you re-installed and stuff. Did you first try to rename/delete the \Mods\Tech\VAICOM folder under "SaveGames"?

It's a long shot as, I think everything is overwritten when VA starts the VAICOM profile.

It's probably some very easy thing.

And BTW, you don't have ANY mods installed right?

EDIT: Never mind, that's for something else...

Edited by MAXsenna

I feel you're frustration, especially since this was working.

When you re-installed and stuff. Did you first try to rename/delete the \Mods\Tech\VAICOM folder under "SaveGames"?

It's a long shot as, I think everything is overwritten when VA starts the VAICOM profile.

It's probably some very easy thing.

And BTW, you don't have ANY mods installed right?

EDIT: Never mind, that's for something else...

Thanks ill try deleting folder...no mods installed i did repair dcs thing..will report..

still does'nt work

Edited by hreich
new update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia