VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Got it sorted I think. I figured the profile got contaminated somehow, so deleted it (exported extra stuff first), then Redownloaded the .vap and imported everything back and it clear the finish and actually showed the comment about adding a large amount of data

OK,,, Partially sorted. I did get the apply to work as mentioned above, but when I restart Voiceattack and open the Viacom panel, the Finish button is orange again and when I hit test it says I am still missing 5 aliases.

Edited by Firebird1955

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I think I have fixed it.

Thinking that Firebird was likely correct about the profile being corrupted somehow, I deleted the \VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO folder and installed a freshly downloaded copy.

Test button showed a match, so I added my personal aliases and followed the finish steps. Closed and re-opened VoiceAttack and test button still shows a match.

I am having an issue with getting TX-1 VHF to work in the F-16C. TX-2 UHF works fine but when I go into the Viacom control panel and look the TX-1 is not activated .The TX-2 is. When I press the button for TX-1 nothing happens. I have checked the setup for TX-1 in VC and it is correct...I am at a loss...

I have the same problem.

I got TX 1 and 2 working fine in F/A-18C, A-10C, AJS 37, M-2000C and AV-8B.

But in the F-16C the AN/ARC-222 does not working for me, and I got no response from ATC or other thing when using this radio.

I believe I have setup VP correctly on my new computer. When I push the PPT I hear the squelch and sometimes a beep. However when I try to contact the tanking using Approaching for refueling nothing happens.

I've setup the mic. It has to be something stupid I am doing.

Does anyone have a recommendations?

I'll check it again today, but from what I seen so far for the Viper VHF although greyed out was working in SP but not MP

For refuelling I just added a second phrase in the editor "To Join" (from my EF 2000 days) and that works a treat. I found the Approach for Refuel unecessarily wordy

I believe I have setup VP correctly on my new computer. When I push the PPT I hear the squelch and sometimes a beep. However when I try to contact the tanking using Approaching for refueling nothing happens.

I've setup the mic. It has to be something stupid I am doing.

Does anyone have a recommendations?

Pause and use Alt-Tab to desktop to check the output in the VoiceAttack window. You'll see if the command was recognized or there's some other issue.

For example, yesterday I updated VoiceAttack and VIACOM and I usually use AUTO comms (i.e. one PTT command for all comms), but my voice commands didn't work and when I checked the output, I got some error that PTT use is not configured so I had to issue commands to Jester plugin via some other mapping (UHF I think). Have to check what's going on there.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Like I said it was something stupid I was doing. I tried again last night when I got home after poking around I noticed that I was getting a prompt that multiplayer was not enabled. Worked great after that with the F18. I tried refueling in the F-16 and it would recognized my and would repeat it but would not answer back. Ended up using the keyboard with worked.

Is there anything that I need to do special for the F-16?

BTW thanks for everyone's help.

Have you tried both UHF and VHF communication with the tanker, as it may be that the one you have tried is WIP? I might have dreamt it, but i am fairly sure that i've seen a report about VHF comms not being perfect.

Maybe try "Texaco Select"/"Shell Select"/"Arco Select", whatever the tanker is called, for both PTTs to tune them both to the appropriate frequency and then "try approaching for refuel" on each of them.

Like I said it was something stupid I was doing. I tried again last night when I got home after poking around I noticed that I was getting a prompt that multiplayer was not enabled. Worked great after that with the F18. I tried refueling in the F-16 and it would recognized my and would repeat it but would not answer back. Ended up using the keyboard with worked.

Is there anything that I need to do special for the F-16?

BTW thanks for everyone's help.

Have you tried both UHF and VHF communication with the tanker, as it may be that the one you have tried is WIP? I might have dreamt it, but i am fairly sure that i've seen a report about VHF comms not being perfect.

Maybe try "Texaco Select"/"Shell Select"/"Arco Select", whatever the tanker is called, for both PTTs to tune them both to the appropriate frequency and then "try approaching for refuel" on each of them.

Nope, I have the same problem or one similar.

So when I run the same mission with the Hornet, I can change FREQ to either tanker and "talk" to them just fine. Change the player aircraft to F-16 and it will only work with Texaco.

Mission Summary:

Texaco 225MHz

Arco 229 MHz

I can tune to Arco in the Viper and access it via the menu items, had to re-enable them for the test; I normally have my menu disabled. Even when I try to use VA to contact Arco, it "defaults" to Texaco. Even when I say ARCO [pause] APPROACHING FOR REFUEL it pulls up Texaco.

So there is clearly something wrong. Either there is an issue with VA // DCS or a combination of VA // SRS // DCS.

Trackfiles attached.

///EDIT///

I just disabled SRS and tried again, no change. So for some reason VA is not understanding what happens when the pilot changes their frequency. (in the Viper)

This is an example of when I tune the radio to 229MHz and talk to ARCO: (Again, for some reason it is defaulting to Texaco)

11:54:19 AM - Listening suspended

11:54:13 AM - Listening suspended

11:54:13 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

11:54:12 AM - TX1 | VHF AN/ARC-222: [ Tanker ],[ ],[ ] Abort Refuel [ ] [ ]

11:54:12 AM - Recognized : 'abort refuel'

11:54:10 AM - Listening resumed

11:54:10 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

11:54:03 AM - Listening suspended

11:54:03 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

11:54:03 AM - TX1 | VHF AN/ARC-222: [ Arco ],[ ],[ ] Intent to Refuel [ ] [ ]

11:54:03 AM - Recognized : 'approaching for refuel'

11:54:01 AM - (awaiting additional input)

11:54:01 AM - Recognized : 'arco'

11:53:59 AM - Listening resumed

11:53:59 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

11:53:36 AM - Listening suspended

11:53:36 AM - Nearest ATC: Khasab.

11:53:36 AM - Player [62AW] Revelation entered module F-16C Viper, unit callsign Enfield11

11:53:36 AM - DCS mission | Viper_Base_AAR

11:53:36 AM - ------------------------------------------

AAR_F16_Fail.trk

AAR_F18_Success.trk

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Overall, I have to say that Vaicom pro is a fantastic piece of software! I have been using it for quite some time and for the most part it works just as it is advertised, allowing much better integration especially in VR.

However, I've been having an issue with the AIRIO plugin and the manual radio tuning feature. Has anyone been able to make this function correctly? I can occasionally get the manual Tacan tune or the Link Tune features to work but the Radio Tune always comes back either recognizing "tune" as "two" in the output command list, or it simply states 'unrecognized command Radio Tune ###.### (with the #'s being the numbers I dictated)

To try to rectify the misunderstood "tune/two," I tried to change the command in VA to 'Radio Tune;Frequency [0..3] [0..9] [0..9] decimal [0..9] [0; 2 5; 5 0; 7 5;]' thinking that would allow me to say ie "Radio Frequency 121.50" instead of "Radio Tune 121.50" but I still get an unrecognized "radio frequency" message. If I try to speak the "radio tune ###.## command I now get an output of 'AIRIO Radio Tune 000.000' and an in DCS message saying radio out of range.

I'm at a lose with this one, especially because everything else in VAICOM that I have tried works pretty well.

844860399_RadioTune.png.ff14938195ae40eb302e719066a9c732.png

Hmmm, I am having a problem in the cauccus map. Kobuleti registers as Batumi. In voice attack it even registers that I am saying Kobuleti..... Like I will say Kobuleti Colt 1-1 Inbound...... Colt 1-1 Batumi fly heading 130 for 20... I am not sure if it is a bug. Also does any one have a tutorial on how to change some of the phrases. I want to change some to how I actually speak.

Hmmm, I am having a problem in the cauccus map. Kobuleti registers as Batumi. In voice attack it even registers that I am saying Kobuleti..... Like I will say Kobuleti Colt 1-1 Inbound...... Colt 1-1 Batumi fly heading 130 for 20... I am not sure if it is a bug. Also does any one have a tutorial on how to change some of the phrases. I want to change some to how I actually speak.
Go to the VAICOM website and look at the YouTube tutorials.

But basically you go into VAICOM control panel. Open the editor. Find the phrase you want to chance, click add, and the "your alias command"1 will be added as an alias. Change it to the sentence you want to speak and click apply. Click Finisgh and Follow instructions, or read the next paragraph.

If you want it to better understand you, copy the the phrase, click the microphone and wait until the Microsoft panel comes up, and wait until it is completely loaded. Click the mic icon, to start MS speech, right click and select the dictionary, add word or phrase and type/or paste it, click Next and tic that you want to record it. Follow instructions. When done. Click MS mic icon. Click VAICOM mic icon. Click finish. Click edit VAICOM profile, dobbel click keywords. Click in keywords list, ctrl-a to select all and click delete. Ctrl-v to paste all the keywords from VAICOM control panel that's automatically copied. Click OK, and check "never show again", it's redundant. Click apply, done. And then test it.

Think I got all the steps from top of my head.

If something's unclear, ask again!

Good luck.

BTW. To get better results, I have added ALL words and phrases in MS dictionary this way. Takes a bloody good time. But it was worth it!!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

F-16C and PTT Issue

The F-16C has three (3) radios, but only two (2) are mostly used. In the latest version of VIACOM PRO the PTT only allows for one (1) TX versus the other two (2) that are missing thus only allowing communication over that single TX.

Does anyone know if this is just an Early Access issue or is the VIACOM tool not properly coded to support this new module?

Both the A-10C ad F/A-18C have several TX’s to use, so there’s no issue with those modules.

What do you guys think? :huh:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

F-16C and PTT Issue

The F-16C has three (3) radios, but only two (2) are mostly used. In the latest version of VIACOM PRO the PTT only allows for one (1) TX versus the other two (2) that are missing thus only allowing communication over that single TX.

Does anyone know if this is just an Early Access issue or is the VIACOM tool not properly coded to support this new module?

Both the A-10C ad F/A-18C have several TX’s to use, so there’s no issue with those modules.

What do you guys think? :huh:

Maybe I'm not doing it right. But I think I can use both TX1 and TX2. At least they show up in VAICOM control panel, and light up when I click the corresponding TX button. As well as intercom.

But I don't think everything's finished. B before VAICOM will recognize the module, I sometimes have to start another module, and then the F-16. Same with the two excellent free ones.

Maybe I'm not doing it right. But I think I can use both TX1 and TX2. At least they show up in VAICOM control panel, and light up when I click the corresponding TX button. As well as intercom.

But I don't think everything's finished. B before VAICOM will recognize the module, I sometimes have to start another module, and then the F-16. Same with the two excellent free ones.

I just tried the other modules that are working properly then went back to the Viper, while leaving the PTT dialog up, and as soon as it’s time to fly, it disables all other TX’s. As soon as I exit the Viper module, then they are all re-enabled like magic!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I just tried the other modules that are working properly then went back to the Viper, while leaving the PTT dialog up, and as soon as it’s time to fly, it disables all other TX’s. As soon as I exit the Viper module, then they are all re-enabled like magic!

Vaicom (2.5.12) recognizes the F16 as the F5 Tiger, so it limits you to one channel

Edited by SkipperSMG

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forgive the ignorance I have looked through the manual but cannot seem to find the answer to the following issue I'm having.

In the F18C I'm aware it has two radios, is there a way without using easy comms to operate both the radios using just one push to talk button on my hotas? I'm struggling to get it to activate and use radio 2 radio one seems to work great though with one p2t button

There has just been an update of DCS, so make sure that you have deleted the export.lua file, in ../saved games/<DCS folder>/scripts and then restart DCS and voice attack.

If you then open up the config window, with Ctrl-alt-c, and go to the PTT tab, when you get into the hornet, it should correctly identify the hornet and the active PTT buttons.