VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hey Hollywood, I updated to the latest Viacom with Airio and I see the new Scan Angels command in the documentation. I see there is 809 new commands in the editor. But when I do the finish, edit and up date the Viacom profile I'm still only get 808 commands. I'm also not seeing the command phrase Scan Angels, am I missing something?

AiRio1.jpg.732490ffc9af74d0837bb5237f413c01.jpg

1852159606_AiRio2.jpg.728d0afc6ea7ec862df81889eeaf1e63.jpg

@jason

Some missions make use of the ‘Other’(F10) menu for special commands. If in Preferences the option ‘Import F10 Menus’ is enabled the F10 menu items will be added to the keyword database.

The imported keywords cannot be used immediately, the updated keywords list must first be added to the VA profile.

A manual action is required:

Click "FINISH", in the Editor

(The New list of commands, including the new F10 Commands, have been copied to clipboard)

Edit the VoiceAttack Profile (pencil icon)

Select Edit Keyword Collections (listed in the Profile)

When I Say, Click In the Box

· CTRL-A (Select All)

· Delete

· Then CTRL -V (Paste the New list of Commands in this box)

Box will look empty (ignore this BUG)

· OK, Done

Hope this helps:thumbup:

This is frickin' critical! I had already checked the add F10 items, but didn't see any improvements in game. Now I see some extra commands that should work, I just need to create some sort of alias that makes sense but won't conflict with other similar commands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The "improvements in game" with the import f10 option, will only be seen once you have added the new f10 menu commands to the VA profile, using the FINISH steps described above. Unless you do that, you would need to continue to use the 'options' command and select from the menu(s) displayed.

As for aliases, you can add those using the edit tab, but would need to use the FINISH steps to make them available to VA.

Edited by Greyman

Originally Posted by GunSlingerAUS View Post

CALLING VAICOM PRO EXPERTS!

I'm willing to donate a new aircraft, campaign or map to anybody who can spend some time with me on VOIP to get this all working smoothly.

Fingers crossed somebody wants a new module for DCS and can take the time to help me. Thanks in advance for anybody who can expertly guide me through configuring VAICOM and DCS so I can sink my teeth into learning the F14 and reliving my Top Gun glory days!

Somebody PM this guy!

Done he's up and running, Talking to Jester and anyone else who will listen!

@Jedra Ran a check on the Mi-8 for radio recipient tuning and it works ok (both Easy Comms On and Off): for ATC use the Jadro-1A radio.

Grtz

Roger that. I can can confirm that the Jadro does indeed work. It appears I was not using the correct radio!

Many thanks!

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

@jameslockridge The plugin install is linked to MS Windows so a fresh install will be best.

@Jedra That's good to hear, appreciate the update.

Done he's up and running, Talking to Jester and anyone else who will listen!

@PeneCruz Awesome, the community at its best! Thumbs up mate :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

A general question about numbers...

I am having serious difficulty getting VA to understand numbers. It has become particularly problematic with the new Scan Sector function. For example, even with windows speech training, I have limited success in getting VA to differentiate between 14 and 40, 15 and 50, 16 and 60 etc when said as 'fourteen' or 'forty', 'fifteen' or 'fifty', 'sixteen' or 'sixty' etc.

For example take 'Scan Sector, Angels Fourteen for Fifty', VA usually reads this as '40 for 50'.

If I try to enumerate the numbers by saying 'Scan Sector, Angels One Four for Five Zero' it repeats that back as 'Scan Sector, Angels 14450'!!

I just wondered how everyone else using English has dealt with this? As I said, Microsoft Speech Recognition struggles with this kind of thing anyway.

I know this isn't an issue with VAICOM, but unfortunately it presents itself here due to the amazing flexibility and usefulness of the software.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

@Hollywood I have a question or suggestion concerning the "Disable Menus" setting.

You suggest in the manual to have seperate keybindings in VA for your PTTs and inside DCS for the various radios, so that when you press a Vaicom PTT on your Hotas for instance, the comms menus in DCS won't show up, not breaking immersion. Else, i can use the above mentioned "Disable Menus" setting, thus i can keep my VA PTT and ingame DCS radio comms keybidings the same (great for all modules that actually visually animate radio button presses).

But then, i don't really have an easy way to look at those menus without unselecting "Disable Menus" in Vaicom which is a bit cumbersome.

Could you add a freely configurable keybinding for "Disable Menus"? This way, we could bind this somewhere on our Hotas and easily switch between showing and hiding the menus when a mission has special F10 options.

Edited by sc_neo

Do i need to say options in conjuctions with an airfield or awacs, or does simply saying the single word "options" with the PTT pressed bring up the general comms menu?

You can do both (press and keep holding PTT):

- "Options" -> show root menu,

- "Darkstar,.. Options" -> show options for Darkstar AWACS unit,

- "Mission,.. Options"-> show F10 menu,

- "JTAC,.. Options",

- etc.

The Options command works even when menus are disabled in preferences.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

You can do both (press and keep holding PTT):

- "Options" -> show root menu,

- "Darkstar,.. Options" -> show options for Darkstar AWACS unit,

- "Mission,.. Options"-> show F10 menu,

- "JTAC,.. Options",

- etc.

The Options command works even when menus are disabled in preferences.

Nice to know some of this thanks.

I will have to give a shot.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Hollywood Maybe you could add an additional voice command called "disable/enable menus", "menus on/menus off" or "permanent options" or something that triggers the "Disable Menus" settings. The functionality is already there, but is only valid for the following command. If i understand the voice command "options" correctly, once i either speak a follow up command or click through the various comms menu levels until my desired command has been executed, i have to say "options" again the next time i press my PTT and want to see the menus again.

I know, maybe not the super imporant addition, but maybe somethign you could consider adding in the future.

Additionally; TX5 interphone, is that mapped to the intercoms in the multicrew modules, L-39, Gazelle and F-14?

Cannot get configuration page (lalt + lctrl + c) to come up. Administrator and plugins complete.

Here is what it says:

1:27:08 PM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

1:27:08 PM - Ready for commands.

1:27:08 PM - Use the plugin Configuration page to set a custom DCS install path.

1:27:08 PM - No DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine.

1:27:08 PM - Plugin files were updated.

1:27:08 PM - Initializing..

1:27:08 PM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

1:27:08 PM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

1:27:07 PM - Unable to enable speech recognition. Make sure your mic is plugged in and enabled through sound properties.

1:27:07 PM - Plugin support enabled.

Edit: All good now. The mic issue I was aware that I had to active my HP Reverb. As for the config screen, just had to turn on my keyboard icon on the right side of VoiceAttack. Went to the Vaicom manual to find the answer. Thanks for your assistance.

Edited by Drac

Like probably a lot of you in here, i have just started flying the F16 and although i have the auto-import new modules set in the config, i cannot seem to get the PTT screen to display the module name.

Is the auto-import function supposed to achieve this or does it do something else, as simple inbound commands don't seem to work, even following an airfield select command. btw, i also have import F10 menus selected and have gone through the finish steps.

Edit: never mind, i am on an instant mission and i seem to remember that ATC might not be available. I'll try it on a mission later.

Edit2: my problem was apparently that i hadn't taken into account the OB update and had not deleted the export.lua file. however, now that i have, the PTT screen displays that i have the F-5 Tiger II active and that just uses TX1. this might be standard for imported modules, so maybe i'll just need to await the F16 update?

Edited by Greyman

@Greyman It works for Easy Comms ON but you may need to disable other entries in export.lua first (Simshaker, TacView, etc.)

Interestingly display shows ' F-5E Tiger II ' for now (will be fixed) but the basic comms seem to work.

A plugin update for Viper also supporting Easy Comms OFF will follow.

EDIT: Viper hotfix published (auto-update).

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I just cant get new commands for scan sector to show up in my profile although i did the import thing (ctrl+a delete ctrl+v thing) ? Please help me. I have on one side list of 804 commands and on the other i have 825 commands.

I just cant get in the section Keyword collections new commands for scan sector to show up....Clicking on test i get a ok message

1.jpg.5fa55781e8229f8fe0f6dae7aa7a1652.jpg

2.jpg.dea03151ce6ecf21067765f9b774a640.jpg

3.jpg.ce7726fbb33c1b1f74e4da2e2a1fa804.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@Greyman It works for Easy Comms ON but you may need to disable other entries in export.lua first (Simshaker, TacView, etc.)

Interestingly display shows ' F-5E Tiger II ' for now (will be fixed) but the basic comms seem to work.

A plugin update for Viper also supporting Easy Comms OFF will follow.

EDIT: Viper hotfix published (auto-update).

Damn! That was quick thanks!

So latest version with fix is now 2.5.12.1?

I seem to be having an issue with the last 2 updates (12 and 12.1) I have followed the process as I have a thousand times and I get the Ctl A, Delete, Ctl V and OK done but the Apply box in the profile will not work. It either gives me Done or Cancel only.......... It has to be something stupid, but I cannot identify it.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system