VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@P3CFE. Some of my squadmates had a similar problem. They had to go to LCtrl + LAlt + C window, Audio Tab and turn the switch from OPER to OFF. That gave them the ATC sound back.

Well, that narrows it down a bit.

Tested that one out en got the same as your squad members.

It is clearly a bug then :cry:

Hope it will get solved, because I like realism and want the radio on the headset.

Thanks for your information.

Purchased the extension, and had no problems installing it and getting it to work. However, I completely lost the ability to access the jester menu. I would have liked the ability to continue to access the menu as I was learning the commands. In order to restore the menu, I had to remove the .dll extension and do a DCS repair. It would have been nice to know before purchasing that the menu would be disabled and that it wouldn't be a simple toggle to restore. Please add a toggle in the configuration window to enable/disable the jester menu for future releases.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I'm having the same problem. Everything was working until the update. Vaicom recognises the Hornet / A10C etc modules ok in the PTT screen when I'm flying them however it isn't recognising any of the Flaming Cliffs aircraft like the F15C. It recognises the commands ok but doesn't send them to DCS. My Hornet, A10C, AV8B etc all work great, they show up in the PTT screen, it's just the Flaming Cliffs aircraft which don't. I've tried all the fixes and watched the youtube videos and even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling everything but no good. I fly the F15C a lot because it's simple, like me! and it was working up until a couple of days ago. The other thing I noticed which happened about the same time and has already been mentioned is the in-game comms menu screen popping up every few seconds. I resolved this by just restarting Voice Attack.

Thanks for the update, downloaded to-day 31/3 and all is working again :thumbup:

Win 11, 12900K, 32Gb RAM, MSI Gaming Trio X 3090,  Varjo Aero, TM Warthog, PointCtrl, ViaComPro, Tactile Inducers, Next Level Racing Motion Platform.

On your VAICOM PRO panel, click on the Preference TAB. On the right hand column you will see an option to enable Extended Command Set.

hello

regarding command "scan range xxx", it doesnt validate the distance too here,

extended command set is enabled in preferences

other idea ?

thanks

Edited by flying-coyotus

Seems the software needs some serious debugging.

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Hi RedeyeStorm.

I tested this last night with no joy. The Mapmarker waypoint should be part of the "Surface Target" waypoint. The command is "Navigate Target". I tryed all the different waypoint options (FP, IP, ST, HB, DP, Steerpoint 1-3) and I tried the "Restore" commands witch just reset the coordinates from the kneeboard or set coordinates to zero if not in the mission.

This issue + not being able to set Datalink Host to Carrier/Awacs is the reason I`m not useing the AIRIO atm.

I've got this working fine. Things that help:

1) Use rio instead of jester which is sometimes recognised as gesture.

2) Make sure that on the Prefences tab of VAICOM config, that Extended Command Set is checked.

3) Hold whatever transmit button or key that you are using a little longer after you speak helps VA get the number of the steerpoint. In other words, if I say "rio navigate steerpoint one" I'll hold the transmit button a second after I say the word one. Otherwise VA only understands "navigate" and "steerpoint", but not "one".

Now I'm getting it every time.

Capture.JPG.d262b6d71aa5b2558ba053707d2d0497.JPG

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

I've got this working fine. Things that help:

1) Use rio instead of jester which is sometimes recognised as gesture.

2) Make sure that on the Prefences tab of VAICOM config, that Extended Command Set is checked.

3) Hold whatever transmit button or key that you are using a little longer after you speak helps VA get the number of the steerpoint. In other words, if I say "rio navigate steerpoint one" I'll hold the transmit button a second after I say the word one. Otherwise VA only understands "navigate" and "steerpoint", but not "one".

Now I'm getting it every time.

[ATTACH]207754[/ATTACH]

Hi. Yeah that works fine. The issue is getting AIRIO to input and select player placed MapMarker in the F10 map as a Surface Target Waypoint. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

A note in advance. You must redo the finish, delete, and paste process through editor for the new commands to show. I didnt get a warning in the voiceattack screen, but it had to be done.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

So, I updated and low and behold I could talk to Jester without pushing a transmit button. Everything was working fine until I decide to remap some transmit keys in the profile. Now I can’t talk to Jester without punching a button. Anyone know what I did to screw it up?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

You remapped a button.............................:megalol: Sorry, couldn't pass it up. Something with the ICS switch??????? shooting in the dark though.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

You remapped a button.............................:megalol: Sorry, couldn't pass it up. Something with the ICS switch??????? shooting in the dark though.

I thought about that but I was able to talk to Jester without pushing a button.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Hi. Yeah that works fine. The issue is getting AIRIO to input and select player placed MapMarker in the F10 map as a Surface Target Waypoint. :)

I haven't tried this, but latest manual top of page 56, "Navigate Initial Point" = Navigate Intiatial Point, "Navigate Target" = Navigate Surface Target, etc.

Edit: Never mind. Just read your earlier post. Will not post back on this subject until I have tested it as resolved.

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

Hello,

Just getting started with VoiceAttack and VAICOM PRO, have licenses for both, really smooth installation and setup, and excellent documentation, thank you.

I'm trying to call in with the JTAC with Vaicom, it's working fine, but the only thing is it does not read back the 9-line, it just posts the text in the top left corner of the screen. If I call in to the JTAC using the keyboard comms menu (ALT+/, F1, F2, etc), the JTAC reads back the 9-line in full in it's emotionless computerized voice.

Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get the 9-line audio read back with Vaicom?

Cheers.

From the latest AIRIO Update :pilotfly:

01/04/2019 version 2.5.1

- Added INS Alignment commands for startup

- Added TACAN tuning for Stennis/Air Refuel

- Added DL host selection for Stennis/AWACS

Hmmm. No new keyword for me after the update, quit and restart. No Orange finish button to export the commands, and they’re not in the drop down.... another re-install I guess...

jester2.jpg

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From the latest AIRIO Update :pilotfly:

01/04/2019 version 2.5.1

- Added INS Alignment commands for startup

- Added TACAN tuning for Stennis/Air Refuel

- Added DL host selection for Stennis/AWACS

New keywords still missing here unfortunately.

Just curious, did you also download and update the Rio download for Vaicom? It is not included in the Vaicom pro update.

I am having an issue with Vaicom Pro and the F-14B, where it will send the command to radio 1 (pilots radio) but I get no response. Then when I key radio 2 (which you can't do from the front pit IRL) on the same frequency, I get a response. Same frequency, trying 'Texaco, approaching for refuel' on the Caucasus quick start refueling mission.

Also, Simple Radio can hook into DCS and use the hotkeys assigned to whatever radios are assigned in DCS. I know Vaicom hooks in, would it be possible to utilize this in the future?

Thanks for making a great product for a difficult niche landscape! It's really great, I just cant use it with the F-14 right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

Was having trouble thinking I had to check the openbeta box but im using steam so there is no openbeta folder I can find anyways I unchecked it deleted the openbeta folder it created in saved games reset lua in Viacom and it works like a charm, after pulling my hair out trying to figure what was wrong. Now to remember all the Jester commands....Great work Hollywood been using and paid for for all 3 and am very happy with your product!

Just curious, did you also download and update the Rio download for Vaicom? It is not included in the Vaicom pro update.

Downloaded latest Vaicom plugin and the AIRIO Dialog Extension. The changelog and the updated manual is in the .zip

Edit: Here is some of the new commands.

Link Host (show options)

Link Host Stennis

Link Host Darkstar

Link Host Focus

Link Host Magic

Link Host Overlord

Link Host Wizard

---------------------------------------

TACAN Tune (show options)

TACAN Tune Stennis

TACAN Tune Arco

TACAN Tune Shell

TACAN Tune Texaco

-------------------------------------

Align Fine

Edited by Agent_wolf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

Further Troubleshooting, it seems that the AIRIO.dll was not automatically updating despite it being allowed to.

Downloading the new 2.5.1 DLL file and manually replacing the one in the Extensions folder resolved the missing keywords.

Jester4.jpg

Jester5.jpg

Jester6.jpg

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where is the extension folder for AIRIO.dll. I placed it in user/saved games/DCS/script/vaicompro and user/saved games/DCS/Mods/tec/vaicompro...should it be somewhere else.

In PTT/EX it says driver not loaded?

Edited by Shepherd