VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

There was an update tonight and now Viacom Pro is no longer working. I hears and understands me fine but is not sending the commands into DCS anymore.

I can use the comms menu system and that still works. The one thing I noticed is that it no longer is detecting the loaded module. It just has ------ and says "easy communication on " even though I have it off.

I'm having the same problem. Everything was working until the update. Vaicom recognises the Hornet / A10C etc modules ok in the PTT screen when I'm flying them however it isn't recognising any of the Flaming Cliffs aircraft like the F15C. It recognises the commands ok but doesn't send them to DCS. My Hornet, A10C, AV8B etc all work great, they show up in the PTT screen, it's just the Flaming Cliffs aircraft which don't. I've tried all the fixes and watched the youtube videos and even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling everything but no good. I fly the F15C a lot because it's simple, like me! and it was working up until a couple of days ago. The other thing I noticed which happened about the same time and has already been mentioned is the in-game comms menu screen popping up every few seconds. I resolved this by just restarting Voice Attack.

Win 11, 12900K, 32Gb RAM, MSI Gaming Trio X 3090,  Varjo Aero, TM Warthog, PointCtrl, ViaComPro, Tactile Inducers, Next Level Racing Motion Platform.

I'm having the same issue since the update. I've purchased Jester and after plugging in the extension and updating the commands in VoiceAttack, some of the commands are put through to DCS, but not all even though Voice Attack IS recognizing them.

Even after a reset of the settings, it's still the same.

Edit: Running in debug mode helped me isolate an issue. From the log;

Captured sentence: jester

Have result, identified as recipient : Jester

(awaiting additional input)

Captured sentence: scan range 50

Have result, identified as command : Scan Range 50

Extended command set is currently disabled in preferences.

Previously I have never used this and the documentation does not state that it is required for Jester functionality.

Edit 2: OK, more troubleshooting, and I'm not going mad, windows hasn't forgotten how I speak, it hasn't been recognizing a few of the key commands I've been trying to use because they're missing!

A bunch of radio commands in the Manual for Jester are not in VoiceAttack for him. For example, TACAN Sierra Tango November (probably one of the most important ones!) is missing from my list of Keyword commands...

Jester-issues.jpg

Edit 3: Further testing with a COMPLETE delete of VAICOM and fresh install and activation is still missing some commands.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vaicom not processing ATC calls correctly.

As I understand it, Traffic > Kobuleti > inbound should get a response from Kobuleti Tower but only the nearest tower responds regardless...

VA recognition is not the problem, see the below image... Easy comms or not, correct freq dialled in, any one an idea please?

unknown.png

SIGBLOCK.png

Please help, I really need to disable and / or uninstall the AIRIO part of Vaicom pro and get the "jester wheel" back. I have tried disabling it from the EX tab (restarting VA and DCS) removing all the Vaicom luas, a DCS repair and Clean and and even tried deleting and re-downloading the whole f14 but nothing helps. Running short on ideas here...

Please help, I really need to disable and / or uninstall the AIRIO part of Vaicom pro and get the "jester wheel" back. I have tried disabling it from the EX tab (restarting VA and DCS) removing all the Vaicom luas, a DCS repair and Clean and and even tried deleting and re-downloading the whole f14 but nothing helps. Running short on ideas here...

Have you removed the AIRIO extension file? This is found in Voice Attack's APPS folder, then VAICOMPRO folder then in extensions folder. This should help if you remove the extension (I think!!!).

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Have you removed the AIRIO extension file? This is found in Voice Attack's APPS folder, then VAICOMPRO folder then in extensions folder. This should help if you remove the extension (I think!!!).

Yes, tried that, makes no difference. The "Toggle menu" line in the f14 dcs control profile is red even if emptied out.

Yes, tried that, makes no difference. The "Toggle menu" line in the f14 dcs control profile is red even if emptied out.
Run a Repair of DCS after you disable the AIRIO and you'll get your keybinds back.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Open Voice Attack then open Vaicom settings with left ctrl+left alt+c

Click the editor tab

There you it an updated keyword list for Vaicom.

That was an excellent post Quadrafarian. Just what the manual needs. Thank you.

For those who need video: video time is at the point discussing the Keyword editor. Then it discusses replacing the Keyword Collection in the VAICOM profile.

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

Is the new AIRIO for F14 wworking ok ?

In the past Ive had isssues(considerable) with this software is it stable? and how much of PITA is it to install?It would be nice to have a clear set of installation instructions as well

Edited by SkipCarey

Updated for spanish guys the VAICOM diccionary with new ones in Spanish for the Jester RIO (and ICEMAN). 1020 sentences. Will appear in user downloads area when a moderator allows it. Search for VAICOM word.

Please allow the option to show the wheel menu. Many times we forget what we have to say.

Thanks!

Muy bueno! Muchas gracias, tambien espero que puedan activar la rueda de Jester en proximas versiones

:thumbup:

In the past I've had issues(considerable) with this software is it stable? and how much of PITA is it to install? It would be nice to have a clear set of installation instructions as well

Honestly, I love Vaicom. As long as it's installed correctly in the first place and you carefully follow the detailed instructions in the manual there are very rarely any issues.

The Jester extension is the first time I've experienced a problem with the software in the last year plus that I've been using it, and for the time being, disabling the extension until it's fixed has restored the previous functionality.

99% of the problems with Vaicom that we experience within our little Virtual squadron are all because of simple misunderstandings, or unfamiliarity with the phrases used for a particular action, but with a little coaching and the creation of aliases for existing commands, it is indispensable and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the past Ive had isssues(considerable) with this software is it stable? and how much of PITA is it to install?It would be nice to have a clear set of installation instructions as well

Installation is easy and I've no problems at all.

And who has to read some hundred pages of a DCS manual, the 52 pages of VAICOM will then be a piece of cake. ;)

Would someone post a linkk to the i nstallation guide for just the RIO

Installation is easy and I've no problems at all.

And who has to read some hundred pages of a DCS manual, the 52 pages of VAICOM will then be a piece of cake. ;)

My copy works well , but id like to go through installation manual before paying for the extension

Have you removed the AIRIO extension file? This is found in Voice Attack's APPS folder, then VAICOMPRO folder then in extensions folder. This should help if you remove the extension (I think!!!)

Run a Repair of DCS after you disable the AIRIO and you'll get your keybinds back.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is what I have done, did it again just to make sure but the control setting is stilll disabled in DCS.

Also tried re-enabling the extension and disabling it again with restarts of Voice attack, running repairs at all stages in between and after (openbeta build). Weird and very frustrating, what am I missing :huh:

Edited by mg_78

I'm having the same issue since the update. I've purchased Jester and after plugging in the extension and updating the commands in VoiceAttack, some of the commands are put through to DCS, but not all even though Voice Attack IS recognizing them.

Even after a reset of the settings, it's still the same.

Edit: Running in debug mode helped me isolate an issue. From the log;

Captured sentence: jester

Have result, identified as recipient : Jester

(awaiting additional input)

Captured sentence: scan range 50

Have result, identified as command : Scan Range 50

Extended command set is currently disabled in preferences.

Previously I have never used this and the documentation does not state that it is required for Jester functionality.

Edit 2: OK, more troubleshooting, and I'm not going mad, windows hasn't forgotten how I speak, it hasn't been recognizing a few of the key commands I've been trying to use because they're missing!

A bunch of radio commands in the Manual for Jester are not in VoiceAttack for him. For example, TACAN Sierra Tango November (probably one of the most important ones!) is missing from my list of Keyword commands...

Jester-issues.jpg

Edit 3: Further testing with a COMPLETE delete of VAICOM and fresh install and activation is still missing some commands.

On your VAICOM PRO panel, click on the Preference TAB. On the right hand column you will see an option to enable Extended Command Set.

Managed to fix it - for some reason my config.lua in Saved Games had altered the 'headphones' setting which was set to '0'. I changed this value to '100' and BINGO - it worked :-). Phew!! If anyone else ever has this issue I hope this helps :-)

Hello dokken1212, I've got the same problem You had.

Can yo tell me where to find the config.LUA

I can find "Safed games" then "DCS Open Beta"..The the folder " Config"..

but no config Lua.

Where should I look for the correct Config File.

Thanks already

Hello dokken1212, I've got the same problem You had.

Can yo tell me where to find the config.LUA

I can find "Safed games" then "DCS Open Beta"..The the folder " Config"..

but no config Lua.

Where should I look for the correct Config File.

Thanks already

Hey P3CFE - my mistake buddy - go to Saved Games, then DCS folder, then go into config folder and then open 'OPTIONS.LUA' in your text editor and you will find it there buddy. When I opened my text editor I pressed CTRL + F to open search box, then typed in 'Vaicom' and it takes you to the area within the options file where the VAICOM coding is :-). Then check your headphones setting. Mine was at '0' so I changed it to '100' then saved the file. Opened my Voice Attack and Vaicom and it worked great :-). Hope that helps :-).

Edited by dokken1212

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Thanks for the Quick and clear reply.

My headphone was set at 54 %.

changed it to 100.....No Joy. :(

The response of groundcrew was, and is load and clear.

it is just ATC and Tanker.

Dit not try out Jtac yet..but the "No Audio" issue seems to act on Radio's.

I know it is related with Vaicom, because if I turn Vaicom off.. I got all the Audio.

Very puzzled about this...But thanks for the Help Mate :)

Hi all,

I just purchases the Rio plug in. I have one question. How can I order Jester to use a map marker steerpoint? Just in case it is nor clear. You can put a marker on the map and then assign it acwaypoint, say wp1. Jester’s wheel allows you to input the location of the marker as a steerpoint.

Can’t figurevit out.

Hi all,

I just purchases the Rio plug in. I have one question. How can I order Jester to use a map marker steerpoint? Just in case it is nor clear. You can put a marker on the map and then assign it acwaypoint, say wp1. Jester’s wheel allows you to input the location of the marker as a steerpoint.

Can’t figurevit out.

I haven’t confirmed this yet, but check out the manual bottom of page 55 for RIO navigation command syntax. Probably something like, “Jester navigate steerpoint one”.

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the Quick and clear reply.

My headphone was set at 54 %.

changed it to 100.....No Joy. :(

The response of groundcrew was, and is load and clear.

it is just ATC and Tanker.

Dit not try out Jtac yet..but the "No Audio" issue seems to act on Radio's.

I know it is related with Vaicom, because if I turn Vaicom off.. I got all the Audio.

Very puzzled about this...But thanks for the Help Mate :)

Hey P3CFE - sorry this did not help buddy :-(. However, I have noticed since the recent update that I have to try 2 or 3 times with a command for it to work. Indeed, sometimes my commands don't work. Personally I think it is a software issue as before the recent update my VAICOM worked easily with no issues. Now only some of my commands work and many don't. :-(. I'm thinking I may need to spend an hour going through speaking all the words again. Not sure if that will help but might be worth a try.

PS. There is a new update that I just applied and now it seems to work better and is recognising more. Wierd!!!

Edited by dokken1212

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Hi all,

Can’t figurevit out.

Hi RedeyeStorm.

I tested this last night with no joy. The Mapmarker waypoint should be part of the "Surface Target" waypoint. The command is "Navigate Target". I tryed all the different waypoint options (FP, IP, ST, HB, DP, Steerpoint 1-3) and I tried the "Restore" commands witch just reset the coordinates from the kneeboard or set coordinates to zero if not in the mission.

This issue + not being able to set Datalink Host to Carrier/Awacs is the reason I`m not useing the AIRIO atm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie