VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks a lot Hollywood!

I got the program to work properly, and I believe the issue might have been an initial interference with SRS as I had installed that program first and then installed VAICOM, but deleting the Export.lua and then proceeding to make sure that all other LUA were installed correctly and using the custom path option as a precaution has causes success!

Good news, seems I just found the source for the profile switching bug.

Needless to say it was a stupidity on my end :music_whistling:

Anyway fixed in next update. Cheers

:thumbup:

Awesome thanks so much!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am getting crazy. VAICOM pro used to work on my Win7 install but on my new setup, in Windows 10, nothing..

I mean, it is installed, and running, and voice attack receives my commands with the proper push to talk button, but NOTHING happens within DCS....

Any clue ? all the .lua files seems to be edited properly too...

any help is appreciated

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I'm just in the process of training the keyword data base. Just a few questions that came to mind:

1.) Is there any way to tell which keywords have been trained already? I doubt that I make all ~480 in one go ;)

2.) What exactly is "the last saved state" which the "RELOAD" restores when clicked?

3.) What is the use of the exported csv file? Is this related to Q2, i.e. can it be reloaded?

Thanks!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Good news, seems I just found the source for the profile switching bug.

Needless to say it was a stupidity on my end :music_whistling:

Anyway fixed in next update. Cheers

Just got the update Hollywood, all fixed now thanks so much!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Could someone please explain. In dummy terms and baby steps how to set up the PTTkeys buttons and dcs options.

I am tying myself in knots trying to figure out which dcs options to delete and if they are deleted in the dcs options how does the game pick up my hotas button presses.

I have Viacom installed and working but What I need as I said is a dummies guide to setting up PTT. I have an x55 if that's any help.

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Could someone please explain. In dummy terms and baby steps how to set up the PTTkeys buttons and dcs options.

I am tying myself in knots trying to figure out which dcs options to delete and if they are deleted in the dcs options how does the game pick up my hotas button presses.

I have Viacom installed and working but What I need as I said is a dummies guide to setting up PTT. I have an x55 if that's any help.

Here's something to get you started. Start Voice Attack. Click the wrench symbol on lower right corner to open Options menu. Under General tab on Options menu click Joystick Options box at lower left. Click Assign 1 on Joystick Options menu and select the controller you want to assign the PTT button to from the list of controllers shown. Should show a check mark in Enable Joystick 1 box and list the controller you selected under it. Click Test button at lower left to open Test menu. Press the button on the controller you want to assign as PTT. The joystick info and button info should appear if it was picked up.

Here's something to get you started. Start Voice Attack. Click the wrench symbol on lower right corner to open Options menu. Under General tab on Options menu click Joystick Options box at lower left. Click Assign 1 on Joystick Options menu and select the controller you want to assign the PTT button to from the list of controllers shown. Should show a check mark in Enable Joystick 1 box and list the controller you selected under it. Click Test button at lower left to open Test menu. Press the button on the controller you want to assign as PTT. The joystick info and button info should appear if it was picked up.

Coming back after a break from DCS, and getting the message "PTT Key not in use: check configuration".

VA is setup, Joystick setup has been tested, using the test button in VA. I'm using Joystick 1, button 3. Vaicom PTT config (lctrl, lalt, c) is set to SNGL, and I use TX4 "SEL/AUTO".

In the PPT section of the Vaicom profile in VA, Transmit TX4 press and release are both set to Joystick 1, Button 3.

No idea why I see a message it's not setup? And when it says "check configuration", what configuration am I supposed to check?

I've done the lua export from page 33 of the manual, still no luck, same message as above when giving a command.

Here's my VA log window.

8:31:20 AM - PTT Key not in use: check configuration.

8:31:19 AM - Recognized : 'ground power on'

8:30:44 AM - Chatter initialized.

8:30:44 AM - Resources added.

8:30:44 AM - Adding chatter resources.. NATO

8:30:44 AM - Chatter theme set to NATO

8:30:44 AM - Adding themepack collections

8:30:44 AM - Nearest ATC: Nellis AFB.

8:30:44 AM - Player New callsign entered module L-39C Albatros, unit callsign Enfield11

8:30:44 AM - Resetting selected units.

8:30:44 AM - DCS mission | Nellis Ramp L39c

8:30:44 AM - ------------------------------------------

8:30:44 AM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

8:30:44 AM - Ready for commands.

8:30:44 AM - Startup finished.

8:30:44 AM - Chatter initialized.

8:30:44 AM - Resources added.

8:30:44 AM - Adding chatter resources.. Default

8:30:44 AM - Chatter theme set to Default

8:30:44 AM - Adding themepack collections

8:30:44 AM - Current Profile string matches database.

8:30:44 AM - No new DCS modules to import.

8:30:44 AM - Success.

8:30:44 AM - Building master labels table...

8:30:44 AM - Building master keywords table...

8:30:44 AM - Adding 0 imported menu commands.

8:30:44 AM - Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

8:30:44 AM - Loading F10 menu items...

8:30:44 AM - Loading keywords database...

8:30:44 AM - Updating keywords database...

8:30:44 AM - Checking VA profile.

8:30:44 AM - 4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

8:30:44 AM - Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

8:30:44 AM - Reset: speech.lua

8:30:44 AM - Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

8:30:44 AM - Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

8:30:44 AM - Unchanged: Export.lua

8:30:44 AM - Saved Games folder = C:\Users\musko\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

8:30:44 AM - DCS World installation path = I:\DCS Open Beta

8:30:44 AM - Custom install path used for 2.5 OpenBeta

8:30:44 AM - DCS World version 2.5 not found.

8:30:44 AM - Executing automatic lua code installation.

8:30:44 AM - License: PRO

8:30:44 AM - Plugin version 2.5.8.3 (release)

8:30:43 AM - Initializing..

8:30:43 AM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

8:30:43 AM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

8:30:43 AM - Plugin support enabled.

Edited by Muskoka

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Do you have Easy Comms on?

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, I do have it on.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

@Muskoka The log says you're not pressing any TX node. Try enabling joysticks in VA (gamepad icon).

@Immel If the plugin does not connect it can be only two things

1) Your lua has ended up in the wrong places, and/or 2) another app is blocking proper functioning.

Start with 2) and delete Export.lua from Saved Games, restart VA. If needed then use the Custom Folder option to address 1).

See e.g. post by @SLAYEROMATICK

@sobe If the FINISH steps have gone well the message on startup should disappear.

@FF 1) No, you'll just have to make a note :) 2) The version of the keywords/aliases list last saved to disk. 3) For reference or printout.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@FF 1) No, you'll just have to make a note :) 2) The version of the keywords/aliases list last saved to disk. 3) For reference or printout.

Roger! Thanks :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

@Muskoka The log says you're not pressing any TX node. Try enabling joysticks in VA (gamepad icon).

@Immel If the plugin does not connect it can be only two things

1) Your lua has ended up in the wrong places, and/or 2) another app is blocking proper functioning.

Start with 2) and delete Export.lua from Saved Games, restart VA. If needed then use the Custom Folder option to address 1).

See e.g. post by @SLAYEROMATICK

@sobe If the FINISH steps have gone well the message on startup should disappear.

:doh: Thank you....

Sometimes the most obvious things go unnoticed. Works as it should. Thanks again Czech6.

I have an issue with the Mig 21 module. When I order my flight to 'go finger four' my character says the words but the wingmen do not respond and do not carry out the order. I am on the right channel because they do respond to other commands. When I give the order to 'go finger four' trough the menu they do respond and carry out the order.

I have the same problem with the Viggen.

Further more, but I do not know if this is your problem or Voice Attacks, but I cannot use joystick buttons presses directly. Using a Warthog i can assign the button (nr 29 an 27) fine but when trying to give a voice command me pressing those buttons does nothing. The joystick buttons themselfs are fine because I now assigned them keypresses and those work fine.

When setting them up I changed nothing only the button itself (standerd button 3 or 4 etc is assigned).

VAICOM TRAINING

As i understand when you train VAICOM via MS Speech recognition the keywords dictionary is passed to MS Speech Rec., as documented, my expect is that when a word is not recognized MS has to propose from this dictionary the understended word but i found a list that doesn't match the VAICOM list

vaicom.png

Hello.

I have a big problem. I am spanish and I am trying to translate those almost 500 commands into Spanish. That is a big work, but that is not my problem.

in the "when I say" area of voice attack I don't see the commands. But they are there... or at least they seem to be there.

If I put my other profiles I won't have any problem. How can I solve it, because when I write new words on them, I cannot see what I am writting as the font color would be white as the background...

https://gyazo.com/b5f76a50165d777d683542f166899d23

I down loaded this some time ago and thought I get the pro version up and running last night

I does not want to seem to work - everything is running in admin mode and the ptt is working Id say out of 50 or so commands maybe only a hand full worked more than once

I believe also that the pro version has the "chatter " option available, which again I down loaded and didnt seem to hear any chatter

Advise would be great at this point

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see this same problem with this user, but he doesn't give any fix.. even it was reproduced by the administrator:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2009.msg9383#msg9383

PD: it seems that voiceattack cannot represent more than a number of commands.. if I press Ctrl+a and remove everything from "when I say" and write, then I can see what I write. If instead of remove it, I copy it and paste in a text editor, then all the commands appear. So that could be a solution, to add my commands in spanish....

BUT my question is, how the plugin identify if I say a word in Spanish, that it is as in english. For example:

the command to connect gpu it would be something like "chief connect external power" for example.. and I want to translate into "jefe conecta el grupo de tierra" Where do I have to put those words to be recognized by the script? in single commands mode, all the commands are also pasted in each single one... so I cannot add mines.

Edited by Japo32

@Redeye Sounds like you may need to enable joystick support like Muskoka, see post #1570.

@chaser The Chatter option requires a separate license.

@Ares Close the alternates panel if it pops up. Refer to post #1548 for some tips for non-native speakers.

@japo32 Interesting idea to translate to Spanish.

The blank field is a long-known graphics bug in VA and can be ignored as mentioned on several places on this thread and also on the FAQ page.

Keywords editing needs to be done not in the profile but in the plugin keywords editor.

Suggest to spend some time with the User Manual, feel free to PM me if you need more help.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com