VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Hollywood_315

Happy Thanksgiving Day... and for giving us Vaicom Pro!

This product takes DCS to a whole new level and I would encourage everyone to give it a go

I cannot thank you enough

:beer:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

@Hollywood_315

Happy Thanksgiving Day... and for giving us Vaicom Pro!

This product takes DCS to a whole new level and I would encourage everyone to give it a go

I cannot thank you enough

:beer:

Fully agree!

Great program and so well worth it!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

hey! Just updated Voice Attack to 1.7.3 (Steam) and plugin is not working anymore. "unable to access plugin"

S.O.S. thanks!

update: Found the solution. 1.7.3 disabled the "enable plugin support" at VoiceAttack "general" config menu.

Not tested in game but at least plugin (also updated) load fine now :)

update #2: bad luck strikes again. Now when I press Lctrl+Lalt+C (for access options) VoiceAttack says:

"06:22:43 p.m. - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK."

update #3: (LOL) closed Steam. Reload all. Now can access options. Now we will see if game works... Over and out for now.

Edited by Fercyful

Unfortunately I'm not having good luck here. The only way I can get 1.7.3 to run is to disable plug in support. Sort of defeats the purpose. Here is the Fault text I'm getting:

11/22/2018 22:58:49***************************************************************************************

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

File name: 'SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from VAICOMPRO, Version=2.5.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

File name: '0 bytes loaded from VAICOMPRO, Version=2.5.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, Boolean fSkipIntegrityCheck, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)

at VAICOM.Core.AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)

at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

at VAJS.VAJS.�(Guid �, Int32 �)

at VAJS.VAJS.�()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

@Nightstorm

OK that is a bug to report to VoiceAttack Support directly https://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?board=3.0

It appears to be related to new VA joystick functions.

What you could try as workaround is disable plugin support, re-configure your joysticks in VA, and then enable plugin support again.

UPDATE:

The VoiceAttack guys, swift as ever, have come up with the suggestion below.

All users if you are experiencing issues with VA 1.7.3 can you let me know please how this works for you so I can report back to the VA team. Many thanks

Could you download this replacement file: http://voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=vajs.dll and just overwrite the VAJS.dll that is located in the VA installation directory. If that fixes the issue, I will start packing it up for another release.

EDIT:

Snag has been identified, plugin update is on its way with hotfix for 1.7.3.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

did that as well as unchecking both controllers, re-checking, my VA reports all the normal 'listening resumed/suspended' messages, but additionally usually would show every spoken phrase, eg 'xxx recognized', but there is none of that

Blast same problem as timb0b launched VA pre update to 1.7.3 notified of hotfix (accepted update - probably should have updated to latest VA first -doh) and then updated to 1.7.3 and now launching VA causes window to briefly load, states plugins enabled and then CTD before I can edit or change settings.

checked logs and getting similar error as the one you have posted to the VA support forum...:joystick:

Just a quick update as we posted at the same instant it seems.

I am running as admin but still CTD am is there a config file I can turn off plugin support as that seems to be when it crashes and too quick for me to get to the gui config window

Edited by BaLrOg

Thanks will have a look to see what I can reproduce. Update VA first is recommended.

EDIT if you experience crashes after 1.7.3 update :

*) Find this folder: Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack

*) Remove the VoiceAttack.dat file

*) After VA has loaded, re-import the profile VAICOMPRO for DCS World.vap

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Edit thanks will have a look to see what I can reproduce. Update VA first is recommended.

agreed but it was a long day and when you support idiots all day it tends to rub off a bit when you come home :) thanks for your work

I would just reinstall but not sure I have backed up my last profile changes :thumbup:so am holding off for a bit

update:

ok resolved the CTD by editing the user.config found in

C:\Users"Your Name Here"\AppData\Local\VoiceAttack.com"VoiceAttack.exe_Url_bloody long string"\0.0.0.1\

Edited with notepad and searched for plugin then set True to False and allowed me to boot VA and export profile so will see what I can do from there

Update:

Ok backed up the profile but re-enabling the plugin caused it to crash again followed the suggestion of clearing out all profiles (delete Dat file) but then re-enabling plugin caused crash again.

Guessing I will have to go down the uninstall current version re-install bla bla fun times thank fook for rum

Hold that thought!!

Just booted VA one more time to check before reinstall and after the first crash it seems to have stabilised will now import profile

Update:

Stone me

We are back in business

Thanks Hollywood DAT file thing might have been the solution :D happy after turkey day !

Update:

Ah Shizzel Nitz nope after I shutdown and restarted VA it crashes at loading plugin again

Steps so Far

1 edit user.config disable plugins from True to False

2 Delete VA .dat file

3 Launch VA reload profile enable plugins.

4 restart VA profile apparently works?

5 Close VA

6 Restart VA and VA crashes enabling plugins

It would appear that the lack of a DAT file changes the order that the plugins are enabled but once the dat file is created plugins cause crash?

Obvious lesson from all this is if the plugin advises you there is an update for VA version then ensure that you actually have that version installed first

In my defence I didnt get a warning that there was a new version of VA and so assumed (yeah I know) that I was already on VA 1.7.3

Thats all she wrote...I am gona try uninstalling VA now but hopefully that information will be useful for someone

Update:

Uninstalled VA Re-installed

Ran first time

Second run CTD

Edited by BaLrOg

...not wishing to add to the frustration of anyone experiencing issues after updating to 1.7.3 - just for the information of @Hollywood_315 my update went without any probs... updated VA before the hot fix... all good - fingers crossed (he says)...

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I updated to 1.7.3 update and did this to try and fix crash but it did not work. As soon as I re-enable the plugin and restart it crashes again. Running Win7 Pro and as Admin.

*) Find this folder: Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack

*) Remove the VoiceAttack.dat file

*) After VA has loaded, re-import the profile VAICOMPRO for DCS World.vap

Thanks @slicker that's good to hear. Would be helpful to get some more similar confirmations.

CTD issues seem related to updating the plugin before having updated VA to 1.7.3.

For people still experiencing issues after migrating: try with replacing your vaicompro.dll with the one from this link and PM me with results.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KPPOzt4fpg-UEK7YQEbGe1s8sukFqDSy?usp=sharing

Thanks

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Actually I have to take it back. It keeps it from crashing but the PTT for COM1 COM2 are not working from the Warthog Throttle. :-(

I am also seeing this error in the VA log...12:41:23 AM - An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information. (joysticks disabled)

Edited by mmcintosh

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

Hey there - if you previously changed the vajs.dll using the link in post #1237 you need to revert it back to the original VAJS.dll that comes with the regular VA 1.7.3 install.

Also here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KPPOzt4fpg-UEK7YQEbGe1s8sukFqDSy?usp=sharing

Hope that helps. Grtz.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Those of you having the CTD issue outlined in my earlier post, if you take the steps that get you to the point where you can launch VA with plugins disabled then also take the time to re save the profile you are using, as that seems to have stabilised things for me.

I used the F10 menu commands option and re saved those but I suspect all you need to do is just open the profile you are using edit something minor and then undo it.

Then apply and done and hopefully that will iron out any bugs

Not promising it will fix it but outlining what seems to work for me.

Thanks for the great tool and your patience Hollywood

Not sure if this is a VA thing or Vaicom thing, but I get the following message in 1.7.3.

" The keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile."

Not sure where I am supposed to apply finish steps?

Also I have noticed with 1.7.3 occasionally when I start VA it just closes, then have to start again.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

fml getting it too:

24/11/2018 9:56:28 PM***************************************************************************************

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

File name: 'SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from VAICOMPRO, Version=2.5.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

File name: '0 bytes loaded from VAICOMPRO, Version=2.5.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, Boolean fSkipIntegrityCheck, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)

at VAICOM.Core.AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)

at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

at VAJS.VAJS.�(Guid �, Int32 �)

at VAJS.VAJS.�()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()