Finding my way back to the A-10C

Fred00

About a year ago, after flying the A-10C for about two years, and after completing "The enemy within" I started testing other modules to find what to invest my time in next. Since then I have flown alot of different modules, not really learning any of them to a high degree. Most of my time has been shared between the M-2000C and the Viggen. However, after spending some time in the A-10C again (re-learning some stuff) I'm really liking it again. I really like advanced planes, and most other modules seem a bit simple after the A-10C. Having a Hotas completely mimicking the real one is a big plus, and then there are heaps of content to go through. Other than that I have to say that the manual is the best I've encountered. I think many of the other devs have alot to learn from the A-10C. A good manual adds alot to the whole experience of learning the aircraft.

Until the Harrier gets a little more complete and the F-18 is released I think the A-10C will be my main module again. :)

Has anyone else made the same decision?

Edited by Fred00

Same here, the A10c will always be my baby, looking forward to the F14 or F18 to see which one is the most realistic. Been impressed with the Harrier it really is similar to a Warthog without the stalling issues, you can really throw the harrier around, the module really is worth the purchase

The real difference in discovering the flight sim again is with the rift in VR, that has blown me away, VR is awesome.

Same here, the A10c will always be my baby, looking forward to the F14 or F18 to see which one is the most realistic. Been impressed with the Harrier it really is similar to a Warthog without the stalling issues, you can really throw the harrier around, the module really is worth the purchase

The real difference in discovering the flight sim again is with the rift in VR, that has blown me away, VR is awesome.

VR is amazing with this sim, my first barrel roll in vr made me grab my chair. I just wish the res was better I cant find targets with tgp on vr

I had to store my peripherals for several months this year (house renovation) so I spent a lot of time in the Mission Editor abusing AI flights, but the first module I came back to was the A-10C.

Yeah, there were a few "pause and look it up" moments on the first few flights, but now it's like a pair of heavily-armed slippers...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

VR is amazing with this sim, my first barrel roll in vr made me grab my chair. I just wish the res was better I cant find targets with tgp on vr

make sure you watch Jabber's ...All Things VR video in the VR subthread in INPUT and OUTPUT thread.

make sure you wear your glasses if you're near sighted (not sure about far sighted)

Make sure you set your cockpit resolution to 1024.

Make sure your IPD is set.

Try PD of 1.5 or 1.7 if your hardware can handle it.

Make sure you map the VR Zoom function.

It'll never be as clear as a 4K monitor, but with the above, everything is quite legible.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I think many of the other devs have alot to learn from the A-10C. A good manual adds alot to the whole experience of learning the aircraft.

That is so true and sadly often underestimated! Looking at you RAZBAM and Heatblur!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The A10C is really a MASTERPEACE of software: I think (no, I'am sure) the best in flightsimulator software together with the outstanding documentation for private use.

I, also, come back reguarly to the A10C to experience the beauty and to learn some more :)

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

About a year ago, after flying the A-10C for about two years, and after completing "The enemy within" I started testing other modules to find what to invest my time in next. Since then I have flown alot of different modules, not really learning any of them to a high degree. Most of my time has been shared between the M-2000C and the Viggen. However, after spending some time in the A-10C again (re-learning some stuff) I'm really liking it again. I really like advanced planes, and most other modules seem a bit simple after the A-10C. Having a Hotas completely mimicking the real one is a big plus, and then there are heaps of content to go through. Other than that I have to say that the manual is the best I've encountered. I think many of the other devs have alot to learn from the A-10C. A good manual adds alot to the whole experience of learning the aircraft.

Until the Harrier gets a little more complete and the F-18 is released I think the A-10C will be my main module again. :)

Has anyone else made the same decision?

Fred00,

I know what you mean. That is why I moved from the 777 to the A-10C.

Both realistic models, but the air combat gives an extra depth to it.

I just wish all the model makers would get over the obsession with ancient

war birds. Even the A-10 is over 40 YEARS OLD.

The F18 is OVER 39 YEARS OLD.

I have not seen a realistic F22 or F35 modeled. Just game replicas.

There....I feel much better now.... LOL.

The obsession with old warbirds is from the fact that information is pretty common about them, systems declassified etc, you are not going to see a proper simulation of an F-22, F-35 etc at all, for decades, it's just not going to happen. You can't create a simulation of an aircraft without accurate information about it!

Pretty obvious really? ;)

• Like 1

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

• 2 weeks later...
you are not going to see a proper simulation of an F-22, F-35 etc at all, for decades, it's just not going to happen. You can't create a simulation of an aircraft without accurate information about it!

Total quote! If you want a SIMULATOR you have to fly planes no newer than ones from the 90ies; if you want F22 or F35 play COD, you cannot have a simulator. Beside that, the 90ies are not dinosaurs era, it's just yesterday... it is still "modern air combat".

Two words about A-10c, IMHO the best DCS module.

I hope F/A-18C would be the same level of complexity and I'm eager to fly it, nevertheless I hope ED won't forget the warthog when f/a-18 will be released.