Unable to Start the engine in AV-8B.

Bonz

This is strange. I've watched several youtube videos to determine what it is I'm doing incorrectly. However, after two hours of trying I'm asking for help. I assume I have a bug or activation or configuration issue... Not a procedures issue. Quickly, what I've been doing... I start a mission created in Mission Editor... very basic just one AV-8B at some airport. Then:

1. Battery - On

2. Gen - On

3. Both boost pumps - On

4. Fuel Prop - on

5. Fuel Shutoff lever - Down

6. Nozzle - back 10

7. Parking brake - off

8. Engine Start - Start

No indication of RPM???

Apu ON ? Make sure your throttle is OFF (all way back). And keep parking brake ON

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Lime above.

Sound like a throttle issu.

Tray this chack list

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3063977/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Throttle has to be in cutoff position when starting engine, if you moved the throttle before starting the engine it will jump to idle position (the minimum you can reach with the throttle axis)

just map throttle cut off position ('win+T' i think) to a button (or to the cutoff position in the Warthog if you got one)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is strange. I've watched several youtube videos to determine what it is I'm doing incorrectly. However, after two hours of trying I'm asking for help. I assume I have a bug or activation or configuration issue... Not a procedures issue. Quickly, what I've been doing... I start a mission created in Mission Editor... very basic just one AV-8B at some airport. Then:

1. Battery - On

2. Gen - On

3. Both boost pumps - On

4. Fuel Prop - on

5. Fuel Shutoff lever - Down

6. Nozzle - back 10

7. Parking brake - off

8. Engine Start - Start

No indication of RPM???

Don't forget to turn on the DECS (above fuel shut off). Additionally, when you first move the engine start switch (if APU was not started first) you have to wait for the GTS to start first. So the initial jet engine noise you hear is the GTS spooling up.

You should also map the throttle cut off and ensure the throttle is all the way back. Once engine is above 5% (it will look like 50% but there is a decimal point there) ensure engine cut off level is down (next to the throttle, behind the parking brake) and move the throttle forward and back to idle.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It's definitely the Throttle... I did the start up procedure with two different sets of controllers. Works great with Warthog throttle. Doesn't work with CH Products Pro Throttle. It appears that the throttle is no quite fully back... I've tried the suggestions above... Idle cutoff, Engine Stop, etc... I checked the Little Idle cutoff lever under the throttle. My throttle controller hits the hard-stop before the SIM Throttle is all the way back... Again I tried several key bindings from the User guide t can't get the throttle back to the hard stop... at least that's what it looks like.... Help?

Bonz...

It's definitely the Throttle... I did the start up procedure with two different sets of controllers. Works great with Warthog throttle. Doesn't work with CH Products Pro Throttle. It appears that the throttle is no quite fully back... I've tried the suggestions above... Idle cutoff, Engine Stop, etc... I checked the Little Idle cutoff lever under the throttle. My throttle controller hits the hard-stop before the SIM Throttle is all the way back... Again I tried several key bindings from the User guide t can't get the throttle back to the hard stop... at least that's what it looks like.... Help?

Bonz...

Have you tried binding a button to "Throttle cutoff" and holding that while moving the throttle back?

I think you should add some deadzone to throttle, check your DCS axis settings. I have CH throttle and sometimes axis is bouncing even if the throttle is all way back. So put your throttle full back and adjust deadzone. And its good to calibrate frequently via CH Control Manager.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Hello,

I had this same problem the first few days. It was impossible for me to start the Harrier. In the end I discovered that the problem was caused by my old Belkin Nostromo n52 (used for Arma3). By disconnecting it from USB, I was able to do the startup without problems. See that the same thing does not happen to you with any device that you have connected.

regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Bonz...

Could you post a track?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well I have several USB devices hooked up... That could be a problem, lets hope that's not it. I did try the dead zone solution, but it didn't work... however I wasn't paying attention to where my throttle was... Ill try that again with my throttle pulled all the way back. As for keeping the controller calibrated using Control Manager... I will try that, however I have a question. I prefer to use key binding set up in DCS world. If control manager is used does it interfere with what DCS sees as available controllers and hence my ability to bind keys?

Bonz...

1. Bat on

2. Gen on

3. L/R fuel pumps on

4. Fuel prop on

5. Fuel cock down

6. Decs on

7. Eng start

Throttle must be at zero. In your described startup, you didn't activate decs and you disengaged the parking brake. It should whine at first, that's the apu, after a few seconds you'll hear the engine rumbling a little, will roll up a few dozen RPMs then idle. If you thennudge the throttle, it will begin final spool up.

You do not, at present touch the apu switch or any other buttons.

Also make sure random failures is not enabled. This frequently causes the apu to start but the engine won't. I haven't encountered that except when failures is enabled. Typically spawning another aircraft will fix it, though.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I calibrated my CH Controllers using Control Manager. I was able to start the AV-8B after that but then in DCS Control Setup all three (Fighter-stick, Pro-Throttle, Pro Pedals) of my controllers were labeled the same... something like "CH Products Controller"... Hard to tell which controller is which? How do I get around that? So that I can see each controllers name in DCS.

Bonz...