Request for a bit of help and advice

John Hargreaves

Hi guys, I am trying to set up a simple mission to practise landing the Harrier on the aircraft carrier. The only training missions I can find that come with it are in Nevada, so I have tried to set up a mission in Normandy with just the Tarawa with a few other ships around it just off the coast. I have made a few of these simple missions before and they have been fine in previous versions.

Problem is that my mission always crashes within the first minute or so before I get chance to even reach the carrier. I tried changing the Harrier (thinking that might be the issue) for the Huey and it still crashed. This is in 2.2 and I have uploaded crash logs in the relevant thread.

So my question is, for those people who have successfully made a mission in Normandy with the carrier, how have you done it and are you flying without the game crashing?

Any advice or pointers as to where I might be going wrong would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I tried starting again from scratch using exactly the same method, but this time only adding one single element at a time, so far so good, no crashes.

You have to love computers sad.gif

Edited by John Hargreaves
new information

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Hello:)

Could you post a link to your mission i'll download it and give it a try to fix it if i'm able to do:)

So without your mission it's difficult to know what kind of is your issue?

Did a little mission that you may test,and have check it out if your get same issue please:)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nkvcfjblfsddus/NORMANDYTESTAV8.miz?dl=0

see you next

• Like 1

Nice one thanks, I'll try to upload mine later today. The one unit at a time approach at least got me up and running, I thought it might have been caused by adding the Huey as another client/flyable choice, but I have done that again and both craft fly ok on this one. I'll see how I go later today, but I don't want to waste anyone's time if it just turns out to be 'one of those things'. Thanks for the support anyway.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Here are two missions I was using during my Carrier Landing practice in the English Channel, ideal for starting out. You start in the air 5+ miles behind the boat with 2x Aim9 and 2x Fuel Tank, fuel 4,500, you have enough time to decide to go for a straight in approach or get set up for the circuit, if you get it wrong just exit and hit Fly Again :)

Lshift+F10 - Turns Labels Off

Cloudy but Clear

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ezuj9qn6egj3n4/NormandyCarrierLandingsCloudyNOFOG.miz

Low Visibility with Rain

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tl6dy33v01zr3ln/NormandyCarrierLandingsRAINandFOG.miz

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Hi, thanks for the missions .. I will try them out as son as I finish learning to take off and land on shore airfields :)

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sorry for not getting back to you guys yesterday, we had a visit from our son-in-law, an ex British army helicopter pilot, so I let him loose on the Huey, Spitfire and the Harrier in VR. He's only had a go on the DCS Huey once before for about ten minutes, never flown the Spit or the Harrier.

The words 'duck to water' sprang to mind as he took off in the Spitfire, flew for 10 mins around Normandy, then when the engine blew up, he landed it back on the airstrip with no power on his first attempt.

That's what a few million quid worth of taxpayer's money spent on training and equipment gets you. He enjoyed flying all three modules, said it was just like being back at work.