FM/control law problem

Vatikus

What one would expect is not what an FBW will do. F-18's experience the same thing in RL, there are videos of F-18's departing due to excessive yaw induced by roll.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Of course it's not. Do you know what an M2K is supposed to do?

Other FBWs don't do it, why should this one? But yes, a track would be helpful or even a tacview in case the track doesn't play back right.

M2k is not f18. But what is more, have you actually tried replicating what I am pointing out?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I will record it tomorrow...

The thing is that you are under control. No asymmetric load. There is no other pilot input except aileron, speed above 250kts and below 400, 7-8aoa... center stick at this condition, aileron in, AB power... and aoa will rise with each 360.. I have managed do get it near 50aoa, center stick, and aoa drops, and you are OK again.

I have made a track...

I did sequences of 2 speeds... the one where FBW introduces yaw by switching from ailerons to pitch forward, and at speed (400->) where this does not happen.

I suggest that you should not just watch the track, but try it yourself as well.

For me this shows some problem in control law in our implementation, is this true to life or not, I have nothing to back it up... Razbam or anyone with real documentation should ...

m2k-roll.trk