Massive Performance Issues with 1.5.8.12667 in Multiplayer

@Drexx

Iam trying out 1.5.8 running as a dedicated server and it is running really badly

The UI is freezing on the server and DCS.exe is becoming unresponsive after

only a few hours, were on 1.5.7 it could run all day long without issue

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Just been in VA server and a few guys tried the disconnect/reconnect method and it works, it's definitely reproducible.

More detailed steps are:

Launch DCS

Goto MP lobby and select your server of choice and join

After successful connection immediately click disconnect so you're back on the MP lobby screen (do NOT close down DCS!)

Once back in the lobby list screen just rejoin the server and jump in your aircraft of choice, notice that framerates are way smoother.

(The best test to see if it's worked is to press ESC once in the pit and go into the Adjust Controls section, notice how smooth the menus are with 0 freezes.)

EDIT: just tried same procedure in Nevada 2.2.0 and it works just as well :)

Unfortunately this does not work for me. Followed your steps to the T and it still gives me a the microstutter on 104th that I have been getting since the last patch. The lag at the controls menu also does not go away. This lag, however, really only happens to me on the 104th. Im getting 100fps and I still have these microstuters every 1/8th of a second or so. If I join another server I dont have it.

I really think this is related to the harrier.

Unfortunately this does not work for me. Followed your steps to the T and it still gives me a the microstutter on 104th that I have been getting since the last patch. The lag at the controls menu also does not go away. This lag, however, really only happens to me on the 104th. Im getting 100fps and I still have these microstuters every 1/8th of a second or so. If I join another server I dont have it.

I really think this is related to the harrier.

Try it again, it really should have worked for you.

Just been in VA server and a few guys tried the disconnect/reconnect method and it works, it's definitely reproducible.

More detailed steps are:

Launch DCS

After successful connection immediately click disconnect so you're back on the MP lobby screen (do NOT close down DCS!)

Once back in the lobby list screen just rejoin the server and jump in your aircraft of choice, notice that framerates are way smoother.

(The best test to see if it's worked is to press ESC once in the pit and go into the Adjust Controls section, notice how smooth the menus are with 0 freezes.)

Wow good find. It really does work. I don't always get the MP FPS choppiness, but when I do, this method really do work. Smooth AF after disconnect/reconnect.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Massive Performance Issues with 1.5.8.12667 in Multiplayer

Hope this is prioritized, you shouldn't have to conduct such measures to play the game

It is DCS, after all

It would feel weird if there weren't a few oddities to have to deal with, at all times.

Thx for the tip, Mustang. Much appreciated brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Smooth AF after disconnect/reconnect.

"AF" xD

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

1.5 is about to become unsupported in late January when the 2.5 merge happens

Source for this? And isn't 2.2 still buggy? (Gazelle Mistral STILL won't rearm on ANY airfield, or have I missed some changelog?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Source for this? And isn't 2.2 still buggy? (Gazelle Mistral STILL won't rearm on ANY airfield, or have I missed some changelog?)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3328438&postcount=749

DCS 1.5 RELEASE -> Legacy Unsupoorted

DCS 1.5 OPEN BETA -> DCS 2.5 OPEN BETA

DCS 2.5 RELEASE -> NEW INSTALLER

DCS 2.0 OPEN ALPHA -> DISCONTINUED

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Hi Drex

Very very good post.

Very important point is the modal window about the crash report that throws my restart script to the trash. IT MUST BE REMOVED ASAP.

Regarding the issues.

See this thread : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197916

Although ED was warned they went ahead and rolled out buggy as hell code.

Anyway,it seems I solved (until a proper fix) these terrible stutters on my servers by (!!!!!!) using a password (!!!!!!). See linked images; same server, same mission, viewing same static ground object. The only change is the connection password.

Try and please let me know.

In an Oculus client I get an almost solid 90 fps. It was disgusting before the password voodoo. I hope it works for you too.

Check the JUST DOGFIGHT server. It was jerky as hell...

Cheers.

jjH8o5y.png

0Hepl04.png

Good catch about this already being documented. However, this is what is so frustrating about how DCS handles updates. Of course, there are going to be bugs and newly written software can't be expected to just work

HOWEVER......DCS now has 3 separate versions of their product and there are plenty of dedicated simmers like myself that have installed all 3 versions taking up almost a combined 100Gb of SSD space with Alpha and Beta versions of DCS along side our standard versions only for them to turn around and release super buggy code into the one stable version there is. If you are going to do this then why bother with the Beta version?

• Like 1

yes its true they have to stop to put updater because the simulator is crash for everything, the last one 2.2 don't let me play on multiplayer, iv been spend all my week trying to go on multi but don't let me go in, and the worse part of this is that DCS is not able to put a latter to explain or say that they are trying to fix the problem

yes its true they have to stop to put updater because the simulator is crash for everything, the last one 2.2 don't let me play on multiplayer, iv been spend all my week trying to go on multi but don't let me go in, and the worse part of this is that DCS is not able to put a latter to explain or say that they are trying to fix the problem

Multiplayer is working in 2.2.0.12448 for me, and obviously a lot of others too as servers are populated. Are you sure you're updated to that version? If so, have you tried running a repair?

Edited by AdmiralQuality

More detailed steps are:

Launch DCS

Hey Mustang just tried this didnt work for me :(

• 4 weeks later...