I have to thank ED for the clouds in the recent updates

hannibal

thank you ED for striving to make the best combat flight sim possible for users who do not have access to suck info and data.

recently been seeing videos of DCS 2.2

i am amazed by the clouds.

i hope that future updates continue to turns towards realism, particularly the environment.

deferred shading was a game changer, now the clouds.

i always found past videos a lil fake when every DCS user videos had clear skies.

when i see movies like les chevaliers du ciel or even the FSX REX mods, i am blown away by them, where i always hoped DCS would focus on clouds and effects, so that no matter what plane, there is sheer joy to fly, even if its the TF-51 or Su25

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

side note (I hope Belsimtek adds multi-seat to huey & Mi8 doorgunners with x-axis and y-axis controls)

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

It means just because you see a cloud in a certain place, does not mean anybody else does. It means exactly what it sounds like : They are not synchronised between clients.
Wow, that is so dissapointing.

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

It means just because you see a cloud in a certain place, does not mean anybody else does. It means exactly what it sounds like : They are not synchronised between clients.

I have also noticed that the clouds disappear when the camera moves to different parts of the map just like 1.5.x does, only way to sync or keep clouds is to use Dynamic Weather.

Even so, the new clouds are still 10x better looking than the older ones :)

I have also noticed that the clouds disappear when the camera moves to different parts of the map just like 1.5.x does, only way to sync or keep clouds is to use Dynamic Weather.

No doubt !

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

That's what happens when you have a game engine that's this old. One of many examples of why they are in the process of a complete overhaul.

I dont think any of the upcoming changes (2.5) are close to an overhaul. The foundations (code) are broken and it will remain that way for a long time. They are just working on graphics, meshes and stuff. All the inherent problems in the simulation are from another aspect.

Maybe Im wrong :book:

Yeah, noticed the same...also for the clouds shadows, they flicker and appear/disappear as clouds do the same. Sometimes clouds shadows are projected upwards which is another bug I already posted long ago.

But they are miles away of the older ones, thats for sure!!...can't wait to see the real "NEW" ones :thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

• ED Team

As far as I am aware clouds are still W.I.P and we should see more work done on them with 2.5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As far as I am aware clouds are still W.I.P and we should see more work done on them with 2.5

That's what I've said few post earlier:

"These clouds are just temporary. The new technology of clouds is coming to DCS after 2.5 " :music_whistling:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds