Changing Laser Code

dresoccer4

hey all. so i've been having fun flying around the smart-bombing the heck out of things. but the missions i've been using are using a JTAC with laser code 1111 (the default AV-8B). i've gotten it down to a science! however i'm playing some new missions now and they use laser code 1688, but i cannot for the life of me get it to work now. when i run in in LST mode, the HUD targeting reticle never snaps to the target.

anyone else have issues with this? or know of a tutorial video for enlightenment?

what i'm doing:

1) press sensor select down. this immediately displays the laser code on the upper console for a few seconds (then the code goes away).

2) if i try to enter a new code now on the upper console, it doesn't work. as soon as i press 1, the whole code disappears

3) so now in the right MFD i press MPCD Right Button 5 which says "Code".

4) now i can enter 1688 in the console. but if i press Ent afterwards, the code resets back to 1111!

5) i try it again and enter 1688 and don't press anything afterwards

this seems to keep the laser code saved to 1688, but i'm not entirely sure.

any assistance would be appreciated :)

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Are you doing it on the ground? If yes, that is why it is resenting. Do it in the air it will be good until you land.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Are you doing it on the ground? If yes, that is why it is resenting. Do it in the air it will be good until you land.

i see i see. does the process i described seem correct to you though? i still can't get a HUD laser lock

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I change mine all the time but have never tried it on the ground.

I'm not at home to check right now but I believe it is Sensor Select down, if not selected press the Code button. Type in 1688 press ENT for Enter.

thanks. ill give it a try. the system seems temperamental, so was looking for an exact step by step .

I change mine all the time but have never tried it on the ground.

I'm not at home to check right now but I believe it is Sensor Select down, if not selected press the Code button. Type in 1688 press ENT for Enter.

got it to work! what i did in the air:

1) sensor select down, code 1111 is displayed

2) press code button TWICE to deselect and select again

3) enter 1688

4) press ent

got it to work! what i did in the air:

1) sensor select down, code 1111 is displayed

2) press code button TWICE to deselect and select again

3) enter 1688

4) press ent

Nice, I've noticed I've had to enter it twice before as well. Sometime it only take 3 numbers and I have to hit code again and re-enter it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]