enemy heading as text message?

Hi all,

Currently am reading a book about the german nightfighters in the Netherlands during WWII. In here i read that the german pilots every xx seconds get the heading and altitude of an enemy plane.

Is there a way in the mission editor to obtain enemy flight data and send it as a text or radio message and update it every xx seconds?

I asked this question before but was looking for a MOOSE script. Did not got a solution on it so i would like to know if it's possible to achieve this in the mission editor.

I would like to create a nightfighter mission using a random airtraffic script so you never know where the enemy is comming from. To achief this i need the same data (heading+altitude) as the pilots got back in 1940/1945

I know we don't have the right planes for it but i would love to try and find out if this could work.

any help would be appreciated

Greetings Naj-Treg

Its pretty straight forward to do. You can use this function form mist: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/GetBRString

You may need to get the closest enemy unit to the player and then use this function to return a string which can then be used in a trigger.action.outText() function to the player aircraft.

mist.getBRString({
 units = {"target"},
 ref = Unit.getByName('player'):getPosition().p,
 alt = false,
 metric = true
})

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum