No water flow after first VTOL

MadDog08

I have been noticing that after completing a vertical landing, refueling, and rearming, and then going out and continuing the mission, when I come back I could not complete a vertical landing. When this was first occurring I blew it off to my inability to VTOL well. But I have since become fairly proficient at it so when this trend continued I began to scratch my head a bit. Today I noticed that, even though I have full H2O, there is no water flow even with nozzles at 82, flaps in VTOL, and RPM at 100% or higher. Yes, water turned on to landing mode, fuel was only at 2500, and I was completed empty of all munitions (including gun ammo), and I still dropped like a rock. I have no issues when I come in the first time to land, always smooth as silk. I tried switching water to take off and still no flow. Anyone else seeing this issue, or am I missing something?

Apologies if this has already been addressed, I was having issues with the search.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most likely you damaged the engine at some point. I guessing its its related to the hexagon that shows up with a R or J in it on the HUD. If its a goes full hexagon and then gets the tail most likely some degradation to engine power happens.....just my theory currently.

Not sure how that relates to the water system not working but i'm just throwing things out there since ive dealt with this also.

Supposedly IRL if you get 3 bars of the hexagon you wave off the vertical landing and reevaluate the type of landing or lower the weight of the aircraft to alleviate the problem.

IRl you should be able to evaluate it with engine performance charts in the NATOPS... RPM vs Temp charts or something along those lines.

As I said ive experienced this along with a couple of my squadmates at times but really havent got into an in depth troubleshooting to see what exactly is happening

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Well, when I first started paying more attention to it, I thought that maybe I took damage to the engine or something along those lines, but then I really started paying attention and the last few times I made sure there was no damage at all. I have made sure that I am not getting into high RPM or high JPT temps, as noted by the HUD indicators. The last two times I have done this is when I noticed that I was not getting any water flow at all. The last time I did this, I realized that I was not getting enough power to vertical land, so I performed a normal runway landing. I then tried to vertical take off, with no weapons and fuel at 2200. No matter what I did I could not get any water flow, and could not get the plane off the ground. Tried switch in take off position, landing position, and could not get any flow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can a little

With the jpt limiter on the engine won’t go over a certain temp, 710 I think.

The engine has a finite life when it can be run over 102% the longer it runs over that or 645 dev then the more damage you do.

If you damage it enough eventually what happens is that the jpt limiter reduces the maximum thrust available to stop you destroying the engine. When it reduces it below the water threshold % even with water turned on it will not flow

Short answer : you damaged your engine while flying and the limiter won’t allow you to achieve high enough rpm to kick in water is my guess 105% I think is the cut off to engage water flow

I have been noticing that after completing a vertical landing, refueling, and rearming, and then going out and continuing the mission, when I come back I could not complete a vertical landing. When this was first occurring I blew it off to my inability to VTOL well. But I have since become fairly proficient at it so when this trend continued I began to scratch my head a bit. Today I noticed that, even though I have full H2O, there is no water flow even with nozzles at 82, flaps in VTOL, and RPM at 100% or higher. Yes, water turned on to landing mode, fuel was only at 2500, and I was completed empty of all munitions (including gun ammo), and I still dropped like a rock. I have no issues when I come in the first time to land, always smooth as silk. I tried switching water to take off and still no flow. Anyone else seeing this issue, or am I missing something?

Apologies if this has already been addressed, I was having issues with the search.

Have you met all parameters on this chart?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3314636&postcount=3

If you have, looking at the chart, could you elaborate? Specific JPT, speed, etc.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Have you met all parameters on this chart?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3314636&postcount=3

If you have, looking at the chart, could you elaborate? Specific JPT, speed, etc.

Yes, I know that chart well, and understand the parameters that begin/end the water flow. I watch them very carefully when doing ship operations so I don't use too much water when taking off...making sure I have enough when I come back to land.

My main reason for the post was to see if this was something anyone else was experiencing, or if I was missing something. So because of that I don't know what my specific JPT, RPM and everything else each time I experienced the issue. I do know that I have become proficient enough in the plane to understand that something is an issue. That issue could still be me, I am not saying that it isn't, but before diving into it more I wanted to make sure I wasn't fighting a losing battle against a known issue.

So with that I will try a few flights, when I have some time later, and really watch to ensure that I am not over stressing the engine and causing internal damage. I really don't think I am, but we will see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys thanks for the reports let me see if I can figure out if something wonky is going on here.

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Well I had some time to fly a little this afternoon, but the few times I came back to land I had dumped too much fuel so the plane was light enough I landed without using any water or stress on the engine. I only went over 100% once for a brief second. So I need to make sure I am coming in a little heavier so that I am getting some water usage. My gut feeling is that the issue is when you rearm/refuel and they fill your water back up, or, as noted before, I could have been just be over stressing the plane previously and then when I come back to land the engine is shot and even at full throttle never gets high enough RPM or JPT to start water flow. Although, it just seems odd that this only occurs after I would rearm and refuel go fly mission and then come back and try to land again. It never has occurred on my first landing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]