Problem with getting subsequent Maverick's to launch?

minimi66

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with launching a 2nd, 3rd or 4th AGM-65D Maverick from the Harrier?

Am following the steps shown in the Pocket Guide and the numerous tutorials now up on You Tube but i can only ever seem to launch the 1st of 4 IRMV's on the jet?

I've tried numerous sequences of undesignate, uncage, re-acquire, slew, lock etc but they just won't come off the rails? Its not a controller problem as i can drop bombs, CBU's etc using the Pickle button on my TM Warthog and it works in other sim's ok as well?

Tried it using just the Mav seeker to acquire and also using DMT in TV mode as well but still no luck?

Any ideas folks?

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Thanks but i've already tried that on numerous occasions?

Still no luck i'm afraid?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

I've experienced the same problem.You should stay with the nose of your aircraft on target to help that ir sensor from nose of the harrier to acquire the target. Try this and you'll get an automatic lock on maverick if still do not lock, while with your nose on target try moving the tdc slew then press tdc action.I've set them on num pad and this is 5 for me. It always work.

I've managed over the last 2 nights to get a few off consecutively including all 4 on 1 occasion but i have to say its VERY inconsistent? Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't?

Pretty damn frustrating and i also discovered last night that i can't seem to slew the Litening TPOD at all either even though i can slew the DMT and the Mavericks ok??

Again, i tested my TM controllers and they are working fine!

I watched the You Tube tutorial posted above several times as well as a few others but i'm still not getting consistent foolproof AGM-65 launches. Have tried with all types as well except the training versions of course.

???

You should post a video and describe your step by step procedure.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I know I mentally compare the entire Maverick engagement envelope to that of the A-10C, however, you're flying faster with equipment that doesn't lock up as early or as consistently as the A-10C so you can find yourself almost on top of your targets before you can re-acquire after the first shot.

I find that just setting up in a rectangular attack pattern anchored about 10 miles out works best... Just lock one up each time you roll in hot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Ok thanks i'll try that now as i am still having the same problems.

Have you tried without TGP? I find as of right now TGP affects how systems work and causes weird effects since the TGP is not finish. Also a track might help. Some time they work and it will be easy for us to see what is going on.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hey FlyingPhotog,

Thanks so much for that tip!

4 Mav's 4 hits!! Using the 1 per pass tactic and racetrack pattern in between acquisition and launches.

Still wondering how all those guys on You Tube are getting 3-4 hits on a single pass though if this issue is partly down to Maverick launch parameters/constraints etc?

Thanks v much though!!