Would anyone be interested in taking on this project? Scud Launcher

Sport

unknown.png

Razor converted this free-ware SCUD model to .edm, and gave it to me. I have absolutely no clue how to texture, animate, create collision boxes, etc, but was hoping someone who does would want to give it a shot? Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you the file...

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

I will like see the Scud in DCS. Anyway the Scud have a poor tactical feature. The accuracy is really bad.

If you wait a bit you will see soon the Tochka system with more accuracy, smaller and amphibious.

It would make for a good mission target versus an actual weapon. Scud hunting would be a lot of fun!

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Beczl did an excellent Scud model, sadly it was in the older edm format and no longer worked in any version after DCS 1.5.4. I did try to find somebody who had the kit to import and export the files again so that it would work in DCS 1.5.5 but nobody was interested. He also did an excellent Tank Transporter and Bulldozer Transporter, which we lost around the same time, plus an updated KUB model and a few other things.

I still have the files somewhere if anyone is interested in taking that on.

Scud B bottom left

beczl.jpg.9376a021a031792671c55895438e420a.jpg

• 1 month later...
unknown.png

Razor converted this free-ware SCUD model to .edm, and gave it to me. I have absolutely no clue how to texture, animate, create collision boxes, etc, but was hoping someone who does would want to give it a shot? Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you the file...

Nice!!

It would make for a good mission target versus an actual weapon. Scud hunting would be a lot of fun!

YES !! NTTR, the Straight of Hormuz, Syria.

Not bad to see them, the Scud launcher has necessary to Cold Wars sceneries and Gulf War.
Burning Oil fields and SCUD's. !!

Beczl did an excellent Scud model, sadly it was in the older edm format and no longer worked in any version after DCS 1.5.4. I did try to find somebody who had the kit to import and export the files again so that it would work in DCS 1.5.5 but nobody was interested. He also did an excellent Tank Transporter and Bulldozer Transporter, which we lost around the same time, plus an updated KUB model and a few other things.

I still have the files somewhere if anyone is interested in taking that on.

Scud B bottom left

[ATTACH]174224[/ATTACH]

YES !!!! SCUD-B need to be a thing in 2.5.

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

See here,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192151&page=6

Post 57

Static only.....for now.

No weapon.......for now

Call it a "test" version

We may have a surprise in store with this........biggrin.gif

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."