UPDATE: WHAT IN THE HELL! (Part III).

I never attempted to run the original LOMAC copy and have the CD verified via starforce. So I put the disc in and let it autorun for the original LOMAC version, I clicked "Play" and the starforce dialog box came up, confirmed the disc and asked for a restart. It then restarted, and I attempted to play with the LOMAC disc in. Then starforce comes up and requests the FC disc. I put that in and BINGO! It works to perfection.

So then I run and install the 1.12a patch and SONOFABITCH! if it doesn't start asking for a serial number after that!!! What in the hell do I do now? It asks for a serial for both sets of discs. I guess I'll just return the Flaming Cliffs disc.

How should I best apply the 1.12a patch so as to avoid being asked for a serial number?

Perhaps I'm downloading the wrong patch here? It's the ENGWEB patch from ED. I don't think I should be downloading the gold one, but maybe so as it is not an online download; in fact that could be the problem I DO NOT know.

You might want to keep this all in one thread instead of starting 3 different threads.

Sounds like you got the game to work by inserting the CD's so patch to 1.12a then reinsert both cd's.

From what I understand about Starfoce Copy protection you do not need a serial number. It is on the disk. Just reinsert the CD when it prompts you for the serial key.

Also make sure you are dowloading the correct patch!

ENGWEB sounds like english Web so you are most likely downloading the patch for the DOWNLOADED VERSION of the game.

That will not work with the CD version. I dont even have FC in my hands yet and its obvious to me that you have the wrong update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

P4 3.06 GHZ Prescott Hyper Threading CPU 800Mhz FSB

2 Gigs Corasir XMS DDR2 Dual Chanel Ram

Geforce 7800 GS CO 256MB DDR3 AGP 8X Video Card Forceware Driver 93.71 11/2/06

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

Lock-on patch link here! Pick the correct version for your application!

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=17&lang=en

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

P4 3.06 GHZ Prescott Hyper Threading CPU 800Mhz FSB

2 Gigs Corasir XMS DDR2 Dual Chanel Ram

Geforce 7800 GS CO 256MB DDR3 AGP 8X Video Card Forceware Driver 93.71 11/2/06

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

woops. my bad. this was the entire issue. i'm such an idiot n00b.

just don't panic... again :D

jk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hey, that's mean! lol

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices