Old explosion effects with DCS 2.2

yogipol

Are you talking about instatnt action mission available from main menu?

I Have already tried with this one but still getting old looking explosion effects.

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

Are you talking about instatnt action mission available from main menu?

I Have already tried with this one but still getting old looking explosion effects.

He's talking about different weapons, not different missions. The explosion effects are weapons dependent, not mission dependent.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

He's talking about different weapons, not different missions. The explosion effects are weapons dependent, not mission dependent.

I understand that clearly. Just to be more precise. Would I get new explosion effects if I choose „rockets and guns” instant mission for the Harrier with the weapon available for the mission?

Edited by yogipol

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

I understand that clearly. Just to be more precise. Would I get new explosion effects if I choose „rockets and guns” instant mission for the Harrier with the weapon available for the mission?

I'm not familiar with instant missions and how they work, never used them. You just have to arm your aircraft with different weapons. I think the rockets do have the new effects.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

From what I've seen so far, these weapons have new explosion effect:

FFAR rockets

Matra rockets

Mavericks

Mk-20 Rockeyes

Vehicles exploding

I haven't flown much except Harrier so there may be more.

Seems like I have to reinstall 2.2.

Thank You lemoen!

I still don't understand: What exactly is the problem? What is not working that you're trying to fix?

Tornado3 small.jpg

I still don't understand: What exactly is the problem? What is not working that you're trying to fix?

Just like I wrote on very first post in this topic. I'm still getting old explosion effects with DCS 2.2. This is what I'm trying to fix.

Just like I wrote on very first post in this topic. I'm still getting old explosion effects with DCS 2.2. This is what I'm trying to fix.

You're probably just using the wrong weapons. Only a few weapons have been updated with the new effects.

Tornado3 small.jpg

...only working with deferred shading on so I am sure the new explosions are the same too...

I owe you a beer :thumbup:

go raibh maith agat