Make Helicopters great Again

pepin1234

Thanks for the great job for the time. I want to make a request really needed. We notice Our job in MP or SP depend too mush in the person that edit the mission.

We have some overpower with the capability of the harrier as ground attack unit, the problem is the guys all keep using the harrier and even they don’t see the need to face the fighter threats.

In this case I will keep my request in the cargo Helicopters capability. We feel the need to use the cargo for profit in our mission, honestly we don’t see such capability. We need more of that capability. We need you get forward in the cargo, and troops transport. I will point some situation currently happen:

1- The mission maker do not set air defenses systems in our airfields. To give a easy job to the Harriers and A-10 to attack our bases.

2- The mission maker do not set combined arms in the mission and the Air defense unit get out of ammo.

Idea: We strongly need something that make the mission success independent from the mission maker persons. As well realistic.

First idea: You need to trigger “by default” all the map unit location and tactical operation situation (including fog of war) to the Air units that keep inside the Airfield circle, by mean we need see fog of war in F10 map view while we keep inside the airfield. Why...? Because those units are inside an airfield where “all” the information is shared with the crews to plan the right tactic. Ones the aircraft get out of this circle and higher than certain altitude then this fog of war view must disappear from F10 to keep a real flight.

Second and most important right now. The helicopter should have the option to transport manpads and RPG infantry as well we need soon the transport option fixed.

Now come the must funny and important for Helicopters. Using the fog of war F10 map view “in the airfield circle only”. We strongly need another life line in F10 for the ground unit to show ammo quantity. If you do that you automatically give to the Helicopters inside the airfield circle the option to control the logistic ammo and deploy ammo cargo Resupply all around the battlefield including airfield resupply.

1- To do that right well you need to give to the transport Helicopters the option to carry all the weapons including missiles inside the cargo bay. Why....?

2- Because if you make a “trigger circle cargo load” by default around the logistic warehouse in every airfield you make the option for the Helicopters close into this area to service request from this warehouse the ammo needed... could be air missiles, bombs, air defenses missiles, whatever they can carry inside the cargo bay.

Thanks

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be honest, I have a bit of a doubt that it's a good idea to have certains things work entirely independant of the mission design, but I certainly agree that it would be great to have more use for internal cargo capacity, especially in multiplayer. An ability to rearm air defences and artillery pieces from a helicopter would be nice.

To be honest, I have a bit of a doubt that it's a good idea to have certains things work entirely independant of the mission design, but I certainly agree that it would be great to have more use for internal cargo capacity, especially in multiplayer. An ability to rearm air defences and artillery pieces from a helicopter would be nice.

of course you will not design an entirely battlefield with an helicopter, unlike this you get logistic awareness without text message triggers by the mission maker. The only you need to do in this case is note coords, group name, terrain mark info from the unit to resupply and go to the logistic warehouse of the airfield and take what you need for this unit... or airfield. like that you make a flight plan realistically. See the new F7 communication menu, that's why the group name is needed to order the infantry/manpads/RPG unit get in helicopter ones you get the area.

also in case ED go ahead with this idea, by keeping seeing an air-battle in the F10 fog of war view inside the circle area. you know when a fighter unit is lost because the unit downed disappear from the map, also you can get a message in mission chat. So if ED make the pilot a transportable pilot we can rescue this pilot easily just by doing such add on.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, no, I perfectly agree with you that it would be great to have a system in place for this sort of thing to happen in DCS without fiddling with home-made scripts and text messages and that whole lot.

I just wanted to point out that in any case it should remain the mission designer's choice on whether or not to use it.

You are right about keep the mission goal. My point in this idea is keep as a right for the players the rescue, ammo rearming or make a small defense move (with manpads and RPG you really don’t go too far)

For example... every air mission in IRL is planned with a rescue option in case of air units lost. ED can set helicopters slots by default in the biggest airfield then this airfield will have by default the real needed rescue/rearming transport unit. Not like a option, but like a real right as in IRL. In case the mission maker want a overpower superiority then they can choose a small airfield that have not air support/transport by default (minimum two slots). that let one team keep in hold an air transport in case a support reinforcement needed All this should be seen as a right unlike a mission option when you are in a big airfield. Not all the airfield should have a rescue/logistic helicopters option by default.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]