Mission 2 Chinook Problems

The Chinook helicopters in Mission 2 ("Welcome to Suse") appear to have some sort of bug. I have flown this mission twice, and with similar results:

There is the scripted "drama" at Kutaisi which delays the takeoff (and really, why does the C-130 have to take so long?), and then after the takeoff, we do one orbit around the airfield, and then at the prompt, we push on to Suse. As we near Suse, I see two Chinook helicopters (in F2 view) on the ground, rotors turning, obviously powered up, and there is a message that they are ready. Then instead of taking off, they power down, and the guys get out and stand around them. A few Humvees come driving by, one crashes into the second Chinook and explodes. This happens even though I get another briefing from the lead of the ground forces about what will be happening when we get to the AO. Bear in mind that this is after one hour of real-time playing. The first time this happened, I flew on to the AO, thinking that maybe the mission would continue somehow, but still nothing happened. The second time, tonight, I exited after the Chinooks shut down.

I exited the mission and took a screenshot of the exit screen, which appears to show that the Chinooks did take off shortly before I did, but then they landed again right around the time that I flew by, when I was getting a message from them asking me to watch their six, and shut down.

I have attached the screenshot. I have also saved my track from the mission, but I am unable to upload the .trk file (likely because it is about 12Mb and the listed size limit for .trk files is 5Mb).

What the hell is going on with this mission? I know how to go in to the logfile and skip ahead to Mission 3, but this mission sounds like it's a lot of fun, especially with all of those rockets loaded up. What is the expected behavior, what is causing this behavior to occur, and is there anything I can do on my end to change it?

MIssion02.thumb.jpg.f9048a91f0296841b283ec8a51dcec49.jpg

Well, I have done exactly the same thing on the two times I tried this mission. The Chinooks do not take off. I'm flying the campaign in DCS 2.2 and maybe ther is an incompatibility. This campaign was made with 1.5 in mind. i'll try it in 1.5 and see how it will go.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

Well, I have done exactly the same thing on the two times I tried this mission. The Chinooks do not take off. I'm flying the campaign in DCS 2.2 and maybe ther is an incompatibility. This campaign was made with 1.5 in mind. i'll try it in 1.5 and see how it will go.

I do not know what you are talking about, and I suspect that you are very confused. This campaign is in the Caucasus Map, it will only work on DCS 1.5, which is the version that I am using. It will not work in DCS 2.2, it cannot work in 2.2, and it is simply impossible for you to have flown this mission in 2.2.

Perhaps you mean the very old 1.2 version? If so, that's probably irrelevant, since I (and probably the vast majority of people) are using the current 1.5 version. And the problem that I am reporting occurred in DCS 1.5

Yep, you are right. I ran in the Beta version of DCS and the mission did'n t work.

Then I ran it on the DCS 1.5 stable version and the mission 2 worked.

Started playing in the most current version of 1.5 as of 12/17. Mission 2 works flawlesly, however, mission 3 presented a bug with the update.

Edited by RodBorza

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, you are right. I ran in the Beta version of DCS and the mission did'n t work.

Then I ran it on the DCS 1.5 stable version and the mission 2 worked.

Started playing in the most current version of 1.5 as of 12/17. Mission 2 works flawlesly, however, mission 3 presented a bug with the update.

I believe this has to do with a waypoint HOLD condition for the AI vehicles / helos. I have submitted a my findings to the ED test team for resolution. I appreciate your patience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
I believe this has to do with a waypoint HOLD condition for the AI vehicles / helos. I have submitted a my findings to the ED test team for resolution. I appreciate your patience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The mission is still not working :(

Ok just tested in 2.5.0, no issues. If you are using Beta 2.5.1, that is probably the issue. Many issues have been reported with 2.5.1 beta AI behavior.