Missing "Other" Section in Comms

I tried mission 2 today and noticed there was no "other" option in the comms menu, even after takeoff. I had the radio on "D" and nothing. I swear I had it on mission 1 before taking the 2.2 update. Currently running version 2.2.0.12448.295

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Kashmir. I just tried it and the commands were present. Is it possible you used the 'Set non-historical environment for increased performance' command before taxi? That removes the second section of four aircraft and the F10 radio commands.

I'll keep an eye on it in either case.

Is it possible you used the 'Set non-historical environment for increased performance' command before taxi?

Not that I know of. Always a chance that I did accidentally, but I know I had the second flight during the mission. I will double check. Also, I was running this mission directly from the mission section and not through the campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible you used the 'Set non-historical environment for increased performance' command before taxi?

I ran the mission again, but still didn't have the "other" menu. I tried going through the motions all the way through flying south of the field and it never showed up. Also I tried disabling all mods with no luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I'm checking everything I can but can't reproduce it. Can you take a screenshot of the menu for me?

The other possibility is that a mod is still interfering with the radio menu somehow but the F10 menu is specific to the mission. It shouldn't be possible for a mod to interfere and, as you say, your mods are disabled.

---------------------------------------------------

Anybody else running into the same problem? If so feel free to post here.

Hi Kashmir, I have looked at this from every possible angle and can't imagine what is causing it. I can't reproduce it here and nobody else seems to be having the issue.

To confirm, it is only on mission 2 and the F10 menu is definitely present on other missions? Also just to confirm, you are on the Spitfire Epsom campaign and not the Mustang Charnwood campaign?

Perhaps try deleting the .miz file from /DCS World/mods/Campaigns/Epsom (or whatever the campaign directory is called) and then running a repair? That will ensure you download a fresh copy.

Thanks, Viper! This worked.

I deleted the entire campaign folder and ran the repair. Once I turn my radio on, the "other" option appears and works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

I don’t get any radio menu in the campaign after asking ATC to taxi. Pressing the comms key has no result.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5