Registry Recovery Not Working

airea

I have recovered the registry entries with the Registry Recovery Tool. I had to reinstall windows and installed LockOn with Flaming Cliffs (Including 1.12a patch). Then recovered the registry entries but this Starforce thing warned me that my config has changed and registry recovery did not work at the end. What did I do wrong? Is my installation sequence wrong? (Lock on + FC + Seasonal Pack + 1.12a patch then run the game).

Guest IguanaKing

When the recovery tool returned a key, where did you put that key? When I used it, I put it on my D drive (the My Documents partition I set up). Then, I did my XP re-install on my C drive (my OS partition)...deleted the partition, re-formatted it, the whole 9 yards. Once I got the machine back up on its feet completely (all drivers, XP updates, DirectX updates installed), I installed LockOn, then FC, then patch 1.12a. I then moved a copy of the saved registry key to the root directory of where I installed LockOn. Once it is in the root directory, double-click it. Now, run the game. You'll get a StarForce dialog box that says something I can't quite remember, and you just click on the positive answer to what it is asking...I think the button says "activate". Dialog box disappears, and FC is now activated and should run without problems. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IguanaKing
Well this is why i burnt all my activations minus all my hardware upgrades...

I had no idea it had to be in the lockon directory. :(

I'm actually not 100% sure about whether or not that was what did the trick for me, but that overall sequence worked. If that sequence doesn't work for you next time around, then there must be something else going on. :thumbup: