X52 mapping: nozzle position precision?

Nealius

I have an X52 and I'm having trouble with adjusting nozzle position with any precision. From what I can tell, I only get three axes that can be assigned in DCS: stick, stick twist, and throttle. Everything else, like the rotary knobs, mouse, slider, etc. has to be programmed to a keybind like LShift + Num-/+ through SST software.

The problem I'm having is that the keybind itself for moving the nozzles does so at inconsistent and wide ranges. One tap of the keybind (or X52 button assigned to that keybind) may move the nozzles through 6 degrees, and the next tap may move the nozzles through 10 degrees. This is extremely frustrating when you're trying to set a precise angle, like 84 degrees for VTOL.

Has anyone else with an X52 figured out a precise way to move the nozzles?

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

JOY_RY is the one for the rotary around E? Would you happen to know the axis name for the rotary beneath?

I would try the slider, but the programming seems to be bugged and every profile I have with a programmed slider function gives random uncommanded downward pitch.

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

I use the spinny thing around the "E" button , called the RY axis, works very well. I can assign those without problem like any other axis. Same with the small slider below it, but that one is a bit inaccurate.

fUxz9av.jpg

After playing around with the Harrier a bit more, I have come to the conclusion that GrmlZ has the right of it: the Rotary RY axis is the best option for the Nozzle Control, and much better than the Slider1.

With the RY axis you can tune the nozzles to the degree, while the Slider is all over the place. That said, I find the slider is not bad axis to use for the Nozzle Stop.

"Lawyer by Profession, Pilot by Heart...and self-confessed Harrier tragic"

I ended up using the E rotary for nozzles, I rotary for STO Stop. Setting the STO Stop to a specific angle is still a bit tough, though, since putting it on the line for the noted angle ends up being 2-3 degrees off.