Plane banking left or right

Fred00

For a considerable time now I've had the problem that the A-10C veers to the left or right. It starts on the runway, the plane starts to drift right (or left) and then once airborne it starts to bank. No wind set in the mission editor and no other plane behaves like this under the same circumstances. Does anyone else have this problem?

The A-10 has a natural tendency to drift to the side when taxiing due to the offset nose gear. Also, check your payload for an asymmetrical load. Even with no ordnance loaded, the plane will still be slightly off-axis considering the offset position of the cannon to keep the firing barrel in the centerline.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Fred00 is right, I don't know exactly when it starded but since my last sorties I noticed that too. I mostly have the same loadout with me so I got a good feeling for the trimming work with it.

I do have much more trimming work to do to stop the Hog banking now.

It's not bothering me and brings it even more to real life though there is a difference to how it was before.

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Fred00 is right, I don't know exactly when it starded but since my last sorties I noticed that too. I mostly have the same loadout with me so I got a good feeling for the trimming work with it.

I do have much more trimming work to do to stop the Hog banking now.

It's not bothering me and brings it even more to real life though there is a difference to how it was before.

Yep, good way to think:megalol:

I spoke to a pilot about things like this once, as there were big debates about how perfect something in the sim should be.

He said sometimes somethings really need to be inaccurate to be more accurate. He was talking aircraft systems here in the same fleet/plane he fly's, but this also relates to aircraft frames, engines etc.

He also didn't have hall sensors and there was noticeable play in the steering.:)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I have crappy rudder pedals (Pro Combats) that always sit slightly off center so I get a constant but slight pull to the right. If I can remember I give them a little tap to the left once I'm lined up on the active and it seems to help a bit. Once airborne, if I dont tap them, it usually translates into just a bit of roll.

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have decent rudder pedals ( Pro Combats lol) and still have what Dough was talking about because of how I sit. I found that a small dead zone will keep me from having that slight pull to one side or the other. It does not effect anything else other than to correct my drift from slight and undetectable pedal inputs. I mainly fly Huey, where precision authority is of utmost importance for a hover, and I dabble in the F-5 and F-86, which is a finickey thing on the runway, and my local fix has helped for both.

A little trick I use on take off in the jets is to pull onto the runway, get as straight as I think I am going to get using nose wheel steering, and then while the plane is still rolling I let go of nose steering, then I hold it down again with my feet off of the pedals. This seems to let the nose wheel fall perfectly into center with the jet. After the jet is rolling straight I let go of steering and brake to a stop.

~Rob

Edited by Robert31178

I've noticed for quite a while that the A-10 always 'leans' to the right (only), both rolling down the runway during takeoff as well as in regular flight. During takeoff I always need a little pressure on my left rudder pedal regardless of wind. That's an understandable issue, does not relate to loadout but I can easily trim to compensate once in flight.

However, very recently since my last updates this month (Dec'17), I find that it's not just leaning' but almost rolling/dipping to the right directly after takeoff, and requires immediate and significant control stick correction. It 'feels' like the right wing stations are fully loaded while the left is empty. It is NOT a rudder control or a trim issue. I always reset trim when activating SAS in startup AND also it is part of my pre-takeoff routine along with flaps and speedbrake checks on the runway apron before requesting takoff.

After making this immediate control stick correction at wheels up, the aircraft settles in and flies without any further, abnormal issues. This is not consistent, doesn't happen every flight or mission, is not dependent on wind direction or speed, it's just a sobering 'whoa sh?t' moment that I've not experienced in the past.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I still haven't found any solution but I have posted in the bugs section now. I have no rudder pedals, only the Z and X keys. The thing that is annoying is that you constantly try to find a good trim without banking but it's next to impossible. Even when you've succeeded it seems that after some maneuvering the trim has changed again and the plane starts to bank.

I've tried a large dead zone on the joystick but it makes no difference. Also, the problem is just with the A-10C, no other modules behave like this.