Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

... But the world isnt ending because of this pick for a module...

Correct, the world didn't end. But it's a totally different world.

A world with a doubt that any of the devs can decide anytime to make a civ module instead of a military one. With a question mark that already substantial time between military module releases will not extent further due to some of military modules being pushed back in schedule in preference of a civilian ones.

With a doubt behind continuing to buy a non-priority modules with an intention to support future 3'rd party development as the next module can be a civilian one which is not the reason why many people came to DCS and is not a type of the content they want to invest in.

Finally, it's a different world that seems to have polarized the community and left many frustrated as the support for a military plane they had bought got a lower priority over a civilian module, which not only they don't have any interest in but also doesn't bring any content to the DCS as a Combat simulator.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• ED Team

If the thought of a civilian module is such a turn off for so many in the community, I suspect sales will be poor and most wont be willing to follow suit. Out of all the known modules in progress or planned, 1 is a civilian aircraft... not sure there is a need to suggest the world has changed quite yet, someone is just dipping their toe in to test the waters.

A world with a doubt that any of the devs can decide anytime to make a civ module instead of a military one. With a question mark that already substantial time between military module releases will not extent further due to some of military modules being pushed back in schedule in preference of a civilian ones.

With a doubt behind continuing to buy a non-priority modules with an intention to support future 3'rd party development as the next module can be a civilian one which is not the reason why many people came to DCS and is not a type of the content they want to invest in.

Finally, it's a different world that seems to have polarized the community and left many frustrated as the support for a military plane they had bought got a lower priority over a civilian module, which not only they don't have any interest in but also doesn't bring any content to the DCS as a Combat simulator.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Nevertheless - the irony of this aircraft, and the 'C' in the sims title...Digital Combat Simulator, doesn't escape me.

Personally I couldn't care less what gets made for this sim, Hot Air Balloon module - no problems. For me DCS is on hold anyway until 2.5 and/or F-14 release.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Nevertheless - the irony of this aircraft, and the 'C' in the sims title...Digital Combat Simulator, doesn't escape me.

Acrobatic flights have been a part of this community for a long time, I would have been surprised more by a 737, but an acrobatic aircraft, not so much...

• Like 1

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

There's no irony; despite the name Wags clearly stated that it was open to almost any kind of vehicle (space shuttle might be a tough sell).

Personally I couldn't care less what gets made for this sim, Hot Air Balloon module - no problems. For me DCS is on hold anyway until 2.5 and/or F-14 release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Oh no HEAVEN FORFEND that a developer can at any time and without warning dare to make civilian module

What a travesty that would be

Acrobatic flights have been a part of this community for a long time, I would have been surprised more by a 737, but an acrobatic aircraft, not so much...

I didn't mentioned Acrobatic flight anywhere in my statement, rather strange to twist it over to that...but yes I agree, acrobatic flight is a big part of combat aircraft usage.

There's no irony; despite the name Wags clearly stated that it was open to almost any kind of vehicle (space shuttle might be a tough sell).

Irony

ˈʌɪrəni

noun

A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects (I would expect a Simulation of Combat in a Digital form from DCS) and is often wryly amusing as a result. (I find a civilian biplane wryly amusing in this sim).

So I stand by my comment. :thumbup:

You are welcome to disagree. I didn't say it was good, bad or otherwise, I just found it as per the above.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I didn't mentioned Acrobatic flight anywhere in my statement, rather strange to twist it over to that...but yes I agree, acrobatic flight is a big part of combat aircraft usage.

How is it twisting it when the module in question is a popular acrobatic aircraft?? And the C has meant combat for some time, yet acrobatic events are very popular. I think you need to relax some, if you dont want it, dont buy it, it's that simple. There are plenty coming that go pew pew.

• Like 1

64Sig.png

Oh no HEAVEN FORFEND that a developer can at any time and without warning dare to make civilian module

What a travesty that would be

Absolutely not. They can create whatever they wish. At the same time the customers should have a right to voice their concern about watering the concept due to which they are in a given title. They can also take a decision which content creators and to what extend support - buying only modules that they are interested in or investing in a growth of platform, 3'rd parties and buying also other non-priority content. Finally being demanding or supportive.

At the same time don't expect that people that came to DCS for combat sim and had been supporting devs not only by buying modules but also by showing an indulgence to long alpha stages and bugs, will be happy and immediately grow a willingness to keep up their engagement facing a situation that the effort is starting to be split for building a content for which if they would be interested in they would be in a different place to begin with. There have to be some limits of comprehension.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

How is it twisting it when the module in question is a popular acrobatic aircraft?? And the C has meant combat for some time, yet acrobatic events are very popular. I think you need to relax some, if you dont want it, dont buy it, it's that simple. There are plenty coming that go pew pew.

aaaand now just move to attacking me directly and telling me to relax lol.

I think the defence level around here at the moment is maybe a little high...backing away slowly :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's getting a little silly now, this is the first and only so far civilian aircraft to be planned for DCS, yet we are getting close the bar raising Hornet... The Tomcat is coming, and a number of others... if there isnt a market for civilian aircraft, sales will show it. But the world isnt ending because of this pick for a module...

Not sure where you have been Sith but you might want to read the entire thread as this is not the only civilian title announced.. As soon as this thing was announced, PolyChop announced their foray into the civilian world with the Civ Gazelle and they have already stated they are looking at further civilian modules as well as possibly walking away and creating module for some other sim..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Aerobatic events in MILITARY planes not this civil useless (in this sim) biplane...and not, its not only "if you dont want it, dont buy it" this can changue in detriment the way of the developers choose the plane to make and the money they earn, divide the comunity ( just when comes 2.5 to unify us) and bring new people with no interest in COMBAT sim...theres anything worst? i really hate this move from M3...but theres nothing that we can do..sad but true

• Like 1

....someone is just dipping their toe in to test the waters.

Exactly! As consumers, we can vote with our wallets. I hope this pans out. I'm all for more birds, no matter what, within DCS! :thumbup::pilotfly:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Not sure where you have been Sith but you might want to read the entire thread as this is not the only civilian title announced.. As soon as this thing was announced, PolyChop announced their foray into the civilian world with the Civ Gazelle and they have already stated they are looking at further civilian modules as well as possibly walking away and creating module for some other sim..

And the problem has..... "no interest on the civilian branch by the DCS World community", they move to another platform to build your civilian module.

Polychop stament:

The team at Polychop loves anything that flies and particularly, anything that spins.

Therefore, we want to branch into the interesting realm of civilian aviation and hopefully see some of our loyal customers on other platforms. We just haven’t decided which yet and want to make a smart choice.

The time centred on developing in other platforms, has time not depeloping on modules to DCS World to a small team, has civilian or military modules.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

to be honest.....

I don't really see the point to all the debate. the modules are going to be (are being made). so one can buy it(them) or not buy it(them).

so why the debate about it?

• Like 1

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

to be honest.....

I don't really see the point to all the debate. the modules are going to be (are being made). so one can buy it(them) or not buy it(them).

Have you ever voted in an election? Same idea.

Stay quiet and get trampled or be heard.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

to be honest.....

Some just want the effort put towards combat aircraft, I don't have a problem with a few civi aircraft here, the market is small as it is, if this pulls others to try out DCS and like it, they might buy other combat modules etc.

The thing that really matters to me is the modeling and DCS FM's does it better than any of the sims, many say we have civi sims for that, no developer (That I've seen) can put as much depth into an FM as you see on the DCS platform. It suits a stunt plane and I do hope the FM is good, then it will be winner I think.

This also comes down to the level DCS and the level "we want" these modules, so you could wait for contract approval, Wags has said in the letter how hard it can be to get the license agreements (manufactures and government).

So do you tool down or have a few other contracts that are much easier to get approval and the data for, ready to go for backup to throw your resources at?

I hope someone does the c-130 / AC-130 gunship (multi crew).

KC-135, C-130 would give the civi guys a real reason to fly and do it right, instead of just pretending to drive a bus load of people around the sky.:D

• Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

My issue is; if you let civil aircraft in DCS, devs might put combat aircraft aside in favor of them. Especially when you sell them at 60-70 percent the price, and they are much easier to pump out. DCS is the only sim of its kind being worked on today, I don't want it polluted with a market that has plenty of avenues to explore civil aviation in other sims already.

*Edit*

Frankly makes me angry, I'm upset enough that WW2 planes found their way in here, now we got civil aircraft to fight with on the roadmaps. Makes me feel like the aircraft that I want to fly won't make it in at all and if they do, it'll take decades.

Edited by Wizard_03
  • Like 1

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I believe the civil planes are gonna attract more people to DCS, and that is going to help the 3rd parties grow. More money circulating can only be good to the sim, besides converting some civy pilots to combat aviation.

Also worth noting that civilian planes should take way less resources to produce.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][url=http://www.blacksharkden.com][/url][/sIGPIC]

http://www.blacksharkden.com

"Come join us" - Bad Religion

I believe the civil planes are gonna attract more people to DCS, and that is going to help the 3rd parties grow. More money circulating can only be good to the sim, besides converting some civy pilots to combat aviation.

Also worth noting that civilian planes should take way less resources to produce.

Problem is it won't work that way, if this module sells, then we are looking at the future of DCS.

As a Dev why spend years devolping...say..F-16 when you can make a civil aircraft in a fraction of the time, and get money from that right away, its way less risky from a business perspective. Hence right now we have a bunch of civil sims to choose from and very very few combat sims to choose from. Its all about money, and it will always be that way unfortunately for us.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Aerobatic events in MILITARY planes.

My issue is; if you let civil aircraft in DCS, devs might put combat aircraft aside in favor of them.

I believe the civil planes are gonna attract more people to DCS, and that is going to help the 3rd parties grow. More money circulating can only be good to the sim.

These three points resonate the most with me. So long as it helps ED and those dedicated 3rd party devs to do what they to best (combat aircraft and helicopters), so be it. DCS is my most precious hobby in which I invest regularly (hardware, software and - of course - DCS modules) and I really don't want to lose any of it. :thumbup:

And - well said, Wizard_03:

Problem is it won't work that way, if this module sells, then we are looking at the future of DCS.

As a Dev why spend years devolping...say..F-16 when you can make a civil aircraft in a fraction of the time, and get money from that right away, its way less risky from a business perspective. Hence right now we have a bunch of civil sims to choose from and very very few combat sims to choose from. Its all about money, and it will always be that way unfortunately for us.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team

I saw that as well, but that is a little different isnt it? We have a Military Gazelle already. If you dont want the civilian one, you can buy the Military one? Where is the issue?

• Like 1

64Sig.png

• ED Team
aaaand now just move to attacking me directly and telling me to relax lol.

I think the defence level around here at the moment is maybe a little high...backing away slowly :megalol:

No, this is the exact reason I asked you to relax. You are getting all upset about nothing really. If you dont want this module dont buy it. No one is attacking you, no one is doing anything to you. This is what they are doing next. You buy it or you dont. Simple.

• Like 2

64Sig.png

If you don’t like it don’t buy it. Simple.

I have a feeling most of the hornet development was supported by the revenue from the ww2 planes and besides, like every market having more consumers is a positive thing for everybody even if they don’t like the same cup of tea.

I don’t think complex fighter development will take a hit, actually the opposite will happen, revenue from easier to make modules can finance more expensive ones. I don’t expect to be served what I want exactly the way I like it. 3 and 4 gen fighters are expensive and take forever to make. Making easier modules does make sense and will benefit all in the end.

• Like 1

The argument that DCS will attract more people because of more civil aircraft's is ridiculous! So is the statement that DCS has the best FM.

1. DCS doesen't offer:RL navaids, RL visual representation of major airports & area scenery's, good ATC SID/STARS (to name a few). And very important an superb weather engine with manual & RL weather functionality with multiple cloud layers & weather themes.

2. DCS don't have the whole world coverage. Flying on 3 maps ain't going to attract civilian pilots.

3. If the free TF-51D hasn't attracted more players, an EagleII won't do a better job.

4. You can't change airplane location or weather on the fly, back/forth replay doesn't work, no slew mode, flight save mode etc. etc.

I would never ever want to fly an C-172 or B-747 in DCS. There are other alternatives for that kind of flying.

I wouldn't worry at all about DCS becoming more populated with civil airplane's because DCS hasn't got the necessary tools for them.

I won't buy the EeagleII, as I think it's out of place in DCS & if I want to fly aerobatics I can do it in any other DCS module ;).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.