Any chance of the AV-8B Harrier II plus?

Hummingbird

We need DCS AG radar solution.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Same aircraft, just with an APG-65 radar and no nose mounted FLIR.

Would love for that one to be added.

I thought it had FLIR as well? I the FLIR is mounted on the same spot for both.

https://www.militarypedia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/AV8B-Harrier-II-USMC-in-rifornimento-in-volo-dettaglioFLIR-e-sistema-di-rifornimento-1068x580.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So, you guys will have it when hornet release. But why ED just cant give it to you right now, before we get? Or they just havent made it yet? And the last question: does it mean 100% yes for plus? You will have the radar anyway.

ED hasn't made it yet. They're still working on the A/A radar mode and the Hornet will enter early access with only the A/A radar mode. You're looking at quite a while before 3rd parties have access to a fully functional A/G radar made by ED.

It does, it doesn't have the DMT/ARBS.

EDIT: Zeus, not sure if this has been asked before, so apologies if it has - are there any plans to add the "British" weapon hardpoints at the same position as the outrigger gear?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

EDIT: Zeus, not sure if this has been asked before, so apologies if it has - are there any plans to add the "British" weapon hardpoints at the same position as the outrigger gear?

Somewhere on this forum i read the av8b can mount them but they where never used. Thats why they are not modeled in dcs

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

Can any one to change skins or give a link I have tried going to the Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bazar/Liveries/AV-8B N/A. But there is no AV-8B N/A folder ??

Its in CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Liveries\AV8BNA

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

Somewhere on this forum i read the av8b can mount them but they where never used. Thats why they are not modeled in dcs

Just like the MWS on the M2k?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Didn't even guess that we would be getting the Plus variant as well with the radar....

That would make a Harrier a really great strike force aircraft with capability for both, air interdiction and close air support.

Hopefully they first get the Harrier II AV-8B N/A out from beta before AV-8B+ gets to beta. :D

For couple days I have been flying just the harrier. Don't know but it is now my favorite western aircraft. There is something unique and "touchable" in it how it handles and what are its capabilities (even when missing major features currently, like locking and tracking air targets with ARBS)

The Harrier makes me to wish that Su-25T really would memorize the Shkval gate position once gimbal limit is exceeded like the ARBS system does on Harrier. So it is super simple to just turn around somewhere and get the targeting back to general direction (same way as it is possible with the Shkval in KA-50! But those might be different, Shkval-V and Shkval-M?).

If we get the radar version of the Harrier, one can make a heck of a military campaign by using just those two for the player(s) to fly. Just like UK did where a 60-70% of the harriers were with radar and rest with ABRS.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Didn't even guess that we would be getting the Plus variant as well with the radar....

That would make a Harrier a really great strike force aircraft with capability for both, air interdiction and close air support.

Hopefully they first get the Harrier II AV-8B N/A out from beta before AV-8B+ gets to beta. :D

For couple days I have been flying just the harrier. Don't know but it is now my favorite western aircraft. There is something unique and "touchable" in it how it handles and what are its capabilities (even when missing major features currently, like locking and tracking air targets with ARBS)

The Harrier makes me to wish that Su-25T really would memorize the Shkval gate position once gimbal limit is exceeded like the ARBS system does on Harrier. So it is super simple to just turn around somewhere and get the targeting back to general direction (same way as it is possible with the Shkval in KA-50! But those might be different, Shkval-V and Shkval-M?).

If we get the radar version of the Harrier, one can make a heck of a military campaign by using just those two for the player(s) to fly. Just like UK did where a 60-70% of the harriers were with radar and rest with ABRS.

But the Ab8B + wouldnt nessarily need av8b NA with ARBS to do targeting for it. av8b + just like the N/A has acess to the Lightening 2 pod. ARBS is really a Legacy sensor from the Initial av8b Harrier 2 serviced in the mid 80s , a time when External TGP were just starting to become a thing. ( ie the Lantirn) The Lightening 2 can pretty much do what the ARBS can, but with better quality imaging, and more effective due to the fact it has a greater degree of angles it can turn to track targets.

SO with the L2 around the ARBS wasnt deemed nessary to retain in the Av8b + . That and the Nose Room was basically taken up by the AN/ApG65

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

(even when missing major features currently, like locking and tracking air targets with ARBS)

I'm not sure ARBS is able to do this in reality - it's designed for bombing static targets, after all.

I'm not sure ARBS is able to do this in reality - it's designed for bombing static targets, after all.

I asked the devs about this before. Apparently the DMT can be slaved to the Sidewinder seeker for target ID purposes. However the inverse is not true. You cannot use the DMT to cue the Sidewinder.

At the moment, the ability to see what the Sidewinder is tracking does not seem to be in the module.

It does, no clue how I missed that :doh:

That said the AV-8B has quickly become one of (if not the) most interesting aircraft I've flown in DCS thus far. I'm really enjoying it! The radar would just bring it to a whole new level however, making it a true multi purpose STOVL fighter bomber.

Edited by Hummingbird

Based on everything that I've seen, we do have to keep in mind that RAZBAM hasn't really confirmed they'll make the II+ (though it's fairly likely). Knowing RAZBAM and their update cycle, combined with that of ED's (we still need proper ground radar), I'd wager we could be waiting up to two or so years for a II+ to come out. I mean, I don't think the II+ is as similar to the N/A as people expect. It hasn't even got the same flight performance.

And so I wait with excitement, but not the expectation that it'll be coming soon.