Mk 20 Rockeye's?

minimi66

Hi,

Am i right in thinking that Mk 20 Rockeyes are not yet fully implemented? I notice they can be loaded and dropped but don't seem to burst or detonate sub munitions?

Or am i missing something?

Can't find any settings in the weapons control system to set Height of Burst etc?

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Thanks for all the info guys!!

Does anyone know what minimum altitude for delivery is?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

I've never found a more useless weapon in DCS. Even if you get the damn thing to burst, good luck actually killing anything with it. Seriously, don't bother with it.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I've made a report on it. Basically, it looks like they're glitchy right now.

Minimum deploy altitude for a straight and level release should be 500ft, IIRC. They operate on a fusing option that allows the pilot to select to have the bomblets burst from the container at 1.2 seconds after release or 4 seconds after release. The "PR" (1.2 sec) and "OP" (4 sec) settings on the fuse select switch in the Harrier should eventually give you this capability.

Sometimes they deploy properly, but the bomblets do no, or very little, damage. Sometimes the bomblets never deploy and the whole thing just plops into the ground. Drop height doesn't seem to matter. Totally random, as far as I can tell.

Following the information I found in A1-AV8BB-TAC-050 (starting at page 2-173) I used it again trucks and unarmored vehicle. I use a 10 to 15 dive with CCIP at 400 to 550 knots. Using PR fuzing.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Mk 20 Rockeye's?

Used them , with pretty good results on light armored vehicles, compared to the mk82 which needs a direct hit .

The pattern is to small i think , but it’s enough to kill an APC with one rockeye in CCIP

A year ago, they were absolut useless, it seems to me they are better now

Edited by Einherjer

So I just got done reading about the Harriers in Desert Shield/Stom. The Mk 20 was a standard load out and was very deadly. It was the choice load out that most pilots wanted. They did have a dud rate of about 10-15% due to the sand being too soft for the bomblets to go off. And they were using them on artilery, APC’s, and tanks. So it’s an ED side of the house problem not the Mk 20 side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S And they were using them on artilery, APC’s, and tanks.

A1-AV8BB-TAC-050, para 2.6.1, 2-173

It is effective against trucks, radar vans, missile sites, fuel storage tanks, surface ships and snorkeling submarines.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

A1-AV8BB-TAC-050, para 2.6.1, 2-173

I haven’t read that so I don’t know what it says, I was just relaying the info I learn from a book about DS/DS. The pilots were recalling the info. I’m sure what you are spot on with what the TAC-050 says.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a quiet hard time to hit something with the mk20. With the MK82's in CCIP and a solid cross there's no problem at all. The 20's usually fall behind the target...

Does the CCIP cross of the mk20 ever get solid? Think I didn't see that yet?!?

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

The MK-20 bug involves those in ITERS. If you use one bomb per pylon, they will work as intended.

The bug has been squashed and is ready for the next release/update.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Originally Rockeyes have a timed dispenser bursting, either 1.5 or (I think) 4 seconds after release depending on how the fuze wires are run. The "option" (OP?) wire can be run to a different rack solenoid so the pilot may have some level of control over post-release bursting time. So there is an arming device and an optional second arming device which will alter the time of function.

The fixed burst time (option or non-option duration) places a requirement on the delivery such that it is released so as to fly for the selected bursting time in order to burst at the desired height of function. Careless delivery would cause the height of function to be radically different than the desired one.

Alternatively (exclusive to timed) the dispenser container can be radio proximity burst based on proximity to the ground. In this case the only time-related fuze function is to ensure the radio trigger is inhibited for some safe time after release.

RP is likely release pulses

On the topic of Rockeyes, does anyone know what OP and RP fuze mean in fuze panel for Rockeyes?

Unfortunately from the pilot's viewpoint those options look the same. On the other hand, the people on the receiving end will indeed notice the difference between all these fuzing options.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Was asked here...

The Armament Control Panel (ACP) basic features.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=187195&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D187195&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 3 years later...

Any update on this? Or what’s the best way to deploy Rockeyes?

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...