RWR audio?

Sandman1330

Is it true, there is a bug where I never hear a lock sound? Only when radar missile is launched at me I get missile launch warning? (All I see is " * RWR sounds not being heard." in the "Known Issues" thread which hasn't been updated for 7 months now, and I doubt a RWR sound bugfix takes 7 months)

Still hoping for an official fix. Tired of re patching user mods and files every open beta update.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there is a workaround with a user mod?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

So there is a workaround with a user mod?

Yes look on page 9 on this forum from exnihilodub (sorry spelling) he created some sound files although not what’s realistic however I use it as any audio is better than what we have right now. There is a link with far replacement sounds.

Can't see it on page 9 of "problems & bugs" forum... Link it simply, please.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...
I've managed to create some sounds which are at least audible.

The contents go to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Sounds\Effects\RWR .

SAM LOCK sound is still inaudible. Don't forget to back up your original sounds folder. Be advised those are highly unrealistic beeps and boops. Needs to be replaced after every update. Don't delete your .rar file.

https://we.tl/xXXbHGsKNf

The link has been updated. Couldn't manage to upload to ED files. I'll reupload and change the link once every week as it expires but don't take my word for it.

• 3 weeks later...
So I've been playing with .sdef settings yesterday and found out that amount of reverb is controlled with release= string, gain is self explanatory. If detached=true is used then only short audio samples work with the right amount of reverb as they don't repeat and reverb doesnt run over itself with looping. As with arount 10seconds long missile launch warning sample it goes overboard. But this one I suppose is done to repeat until missile threat is present so it could probably be done by shorting it to one or two sequence loop the most so that reverb doesn't run over multiple times, cause after i break lock i can hear only reverb ending for the whole audio sample lenght. I'll try this today late in the evening, but if anyone has time and audio knowledge to mess around I'd be happy to hear from how it came out.

Note that I've put this settings on all rwr .sdef files with only hearing new threads beep perfectly.

inner_radius = 10

outer_radius = 100

detached = true

release = 0.1

gain = 0.4

Well this fixed the issue for me, I am now hearing the warnings (still got shot down but an improvement).

Well this fixed the issue for me, I am now hearing the warnings (still got shot down but an improvement).

Yea appreciate all his work on this issue. I hope he is getting Royalties or a free module from Razbam for helping them with this long standing issue still not addressed. Lol

Nice work jejsus this also fixed me. So strange to hear warning now. :thumbup:

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

so excuse me if I'm wrong but, was that all RAZBAM had to do to fix this issue since december 2017? A 5-line configuration on .sdef files?

Seems that way.

It's the same the weapon placement issue on pylons (mk.82's and stuff clipping through the pylon). It's a one line fix in the AV-8B.lua, takes 1 minute to fix.

The Harrier has been abandoned.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Seems that way.

It's the same the weapon placement issue on pylons (mk.82's and stuff clipping through the pylon). It's a one line fix in the AV-8B.lua, takes 1 minute to fix.

The Harrier has been abandoned.

With the huge decline in pace and lack of com, persistent bugs that have not been addressed , unfortunately i'm starting to think your correct.

That Razbam official announcement as a projected December completed date for the Harrier is fast approaching