TDC AXIS not working

Zombie.

I'm beginning to think this will never be fixed, .. it's been weeks now .. :(

The F-18 TDC slew axis was fixed in a couple of days, .. and works perfectly. :)

.. as does the A-10C etc etc.

Maybe Razbam need to consult with ED/Belsimtek, .. on how to get this axis working properly ..

.. just a suggestion :)

Other than that, ..love the Harrier .. :)

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't return to the VV for me, and I think they fixed that behaviour, but I still have issues with the DTC slew axis.

It seems to get "stuck" sometimes, where you have to repeatedly slew to the right for example before the sensor actually reacts to the input command. I use the Warthog btw, and it works perfectly with the A-10C, F/A-18C and everything else.

It works when I use the key commands for the TDC, but I really would like to use the Axis instead.

It also makes it really hard to do small adjustments, because when I try to do small inputs it often doesn't react at all.

I have the Saturation set to 50 and the curve set to 15.

Otherwise I really enjoy flying the Harrier.

Yea this is still a problem for me too. The cursor will only move if you barely move the stick, if you jerk it to 100% left/right/up/down it won't move, it just sticks. It's REALLY annoying.

Maybe in 6 more months the most obvious and ridiculously basic problems will finally be fixed..... I'm done trying to mess with the Harrier for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, I got the profiles uploaded for the X55 throttle that allow you to use the mouse nipple as an "axis".

One is for any and all other aircraft that have TDC, including A-10 Warthog

The second is strictly for AV8B Harrier due to the way it is keybound on keyboard.

Just waiting for moderator to approve userfiles.

:pilotfly:

***EDIT:

Links are up

All other aircraft profile:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3288785/

HARRIER ONLY TDC PROFILE

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3288790/

Does it work as an axis or as a “HAT” please ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Same problem here, I have a TWCS, and the TPOD slew works fine when using buttons, but when using the throttle's mini stick, the vertical axis doesn't work very well (does not always respond). Horizontal axis looks fine (and the mini stick works fine in other modules).

I'll check.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I'll check.

https://youtu.be/w_vmmeHPE3k (in case the embedded video still do not work)

Here is a 1m video of the problem with the axis values as an overlay. I am ONLY changing axis values, no other buttons/axis pressed at all, it will randomly stop moving and/or reset the view like you had pressed the target undesignate button. It happens in all directions, with x,y or both axis out of center.

I really hope for a fix for this, please tell us if there is a log or something we could give to help find the issue.

Edited by DrGarantia

Same problem here, I have a TWCS, and the TPOD slew works fine when using buttons, but when using the throttle's mini stick, the vertical axis doesn't work very well (does not always respond). Horizontal axis looks fine (and the mini stick works fine in other modules).

Same thing on my end with an TWCS, works fine with other modules (A-10).

12-inch-Red-aviation-ordnance-logo-sticker-with-IYAOYAS-banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see I'm not crazy. I tried the Left POV Axis hat and even my Roll & Pitch Axis on my VKB stick. The TDC box flashes in and out, moves jerky, and stnaps back to the center of the HUD!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 4 weeks later...

It works somewhat for my with my X56. I set a small dead zone and reduced saturation to 90%. It moves a bit slow and sometimes I need to wiggle the stick to keep it moving.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

It works somewhat for my with my X56. I set a small dead zone and reduced saturation to 90%. It moves a bit slow and sometimes I need to wiggle the stick to keep it moving.

That is still broken and not really working to me. Hopefully the stickyness will be addressed soon. No matter the combination of deadzones, Saturation etc. still sticks, even Tpod when slaved sticks so the issue is with the coding of these Axis control inputs and im guessing the code glitching on a loop or if moving too fast it cant handle it.

• 1 month later...
That is still broken and not really working to me. Hopefully the stickyness will be addressed soon. No matter the combination of deadzones, Saturation etc. still sticks, even Tpod when slaved sticks so the issue is with the coding of these Axis control inputs and im guessing the code glitching on a loop or if moving too fast it cant handle it.

+1

I found a temporary solution to the problem that I wanted to share.

More precisely, remapping joystick axes to buttons. With Joystick Gremlin it works wonderfully.

I also remapped the "Rudder Pedals" of my TWCS and the slider of my T.16000M onto buttons.

I've attached my configuration file.

All you have to do is install:

1. vJoy

2. Joystick Gremlin

3. Then set up your vjoystick (with the "Configure vJoy" shortcut) like in the attached picture

4. Rename my Cornelius.cfg to Cornelius.xml, load it in Joystick Gremlin and press on activate.

In DCS settings/controls you will have a new controller (vjoy device).

These are the buttons to assign:

JOY_BTN34 to TDC AFT

JOY_BTN33 to TDC FORWARD

JOY_BTN35 to TDC LEFT

JOY_BTN36 to TDC RIGHT

Maybe you have to delete some assignments to the new device which are made by default (views etc).

My Conf file should only work for the Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle. if someone needs a general guide, just let me know.

315680310_vjoy.png.2b1f74861645e486f8bf583a88466c6f.png

Cornelius.cfg

• 2 weeks later...