Mk20 never deploys submunitions/bomblets

Aries144

ETA:

Flew some more with the Mk20s and here's what I found:

Dropping Mk20s in level flight at 500ft AGL in mission editor and online with a couple of friends.

Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It appears to be random.

Fuse on the armament panel was always set using the fuse switch on the left with the knob at the right set at "norm." Both fuse switch settings were tried with no difference in effect. Deselecting and reselecting the bombs on the armament panel won't resolve the issue.

Sometimes the Mk20 operates normally, sometimes they will fail to deploy and the whole canister crashes into the ground. Sometimes the bomblets deploy, hit targets, but do no damage.

Finally, when the bomb does work, the bomblets always overshoot the point on the ground they were aimed at by 100+ meters.

Edited by Aries144

I can’t seem to get them to deploy bomblets, dropping from high (5000ft).

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

We'll check.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thx! I'm hoping it's not just operator error, but there's not much in the manual (yet).

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I've seen some videos and it looks like they open after too long forcing you to fly very high.

Check this video at the 18:11 mark

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

We will check this issue along with ED.

I think the Mk20 might be the most useless weapon in DCS. I never bother using it anymore.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Flew some more with the Mk20s and here's what I found:

Dropping Mk20s in level flight at 500ft AGL in mission editor and online with a couple of friends.

Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It appears to be random.

Fuse on the armament panel was always set using the fuse switch on the left with the knob at the right set at "norm." Both fuse switch settings were tried with no difference in effect. Deselecting and reselecting the bombs on the armament panel won't resolve the issue.

Sometimes the Mk20 operates normally, sometimes they will fail to deploy and the whole canister crashes into the ground. Sometimes the bomblets deploy, hit targets, but do no damage.

Finally, when the bomb does work, the bomblets always overshoot the point on the ground they were aimed at by 100+ meters.

Edited by Aries144

We found the problem. It seems that some rockeyes are released unarmed even if the system is set to armed.

Problem fixed. To be released on next update.

Problem fixed. To be released on next update.

Thank you! :D

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

They now work in 2.2, thanks!

However, I echo other's sentiments - they are useless. Even when I do manage a direct hit (usually requires a very high angle dive bomb to ensure they land on target), they don't do any damage, even to soft skinned trucks. ED (I know this isn't RAZBAM's fault) need to rework these.

I'm still only getting them working if they're single bombs per pylon' date=' and they're still falling long, last time by about 200m, this is in 1.5.[/quote']

1.5.8 hasnt been patched. But it's working in 2.2

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg