harrier cockpit performance

Hadwell

Is there any way to lower the poly count in the cockpit?

where in other planes I'm getting 160 fps, in the harrier cockpit I'm getting 25-40 fps...

while having a really awesome looking cockpit is nice, having a decent framerate is even more awesome...

thanks.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you doing instant flight? Kuan si area is very bad. Go to sochi... and see if it is better.

in the best-case scenerio i'm not even getting 60 fps when im looking forwards, on any multiplayer server... often times less than 20 fps...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something terrible in harrier is eating fps. I wonder how problems like this was not catched by testers.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

my guess is that (as with most developers) they test only on higher end machines or its not showing in a dev build. the thing that makes it hard to play is that the fps is all over the place instead of stead and low

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Unfortunately this is the problem with pc dev, there's so many variables (Hardware, mods etc), myself and a mate were flying last night, just two planes cold start on ramp and we both had hi fps and he is using Vr. We spiked at one bit. One of the middle taxiways at Batumi, as soon as we went on it our fps would drop, soon as we were off then back up.

Unfortunately this is the problem with pc dev, there's so many variables (Hardware, mods etc),

i would agree if its was also the case with other modules, but even razbams Mirage behaves as it should be (FPS wise). Unless my PC hates the harrier and yours likes it :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Something terrible in harrier is eating fps. I wonder how problems like this was not catched by testers.

Well... YOU are the testers :-D

You are willingly using Early Access aircraft in Open Beta environment in order to help find the bugs.

Its strange as the OP is using a 1080TI (I7 4770K), same as me and my frames are fine. Sometimes I have to weirdly ALT-TAB out and back in at the start and then its fine.

I run at 1440p with high/ultra setting.

Tried all instant actions and created my own basic mission and its good as long as I ALT-TAB if needed.

Not trying to be rude, but it was pretty clear that this was an Early Access release. Bugs and performance issues are to be expected at this stage.

These things will be fixed as the Harrier moves closer to leaving Early Access status I am sure.

Zeus:

On the FPS drop that some people are experiencing.

With ED's help we found out that all MPCD and HUD video is being rendered at all times, even if they are not visible.

This means that you have the following video outputs on all MPCDs:

- NAVFLIR

- DMT

- TPOD (if mounted)

- MAVs (if mounted)

- HUD NAVFLIR

So at anyone time you may have between 5 to 9 video screens active, but invisible.

We are fixing that and hopefully the FPS problem will be solved.

Zeus & ED found the cause and it will be taken care of :pilotfly:

Try and set the Screenresolution in the Graphics Menu to 256 or 512 to get a few more FPS depending on your Graphics Card and do not have it set to 1024 / 1024 every frame.

Edited by VFlip

where in other planes I'm getting 160 fps, in the harrier cockpit I'm getting 25-40 fps...

while having a really awesome looking cockpit is nice, having a decent framerate is even more awesome...

thanks.

M2000C= 301716

AV8BNA = 206068

It's not polygons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Nice to hear that. Quick fix will be great :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Exact! Its "unflyable"... more or less, at least not in this stage! RAZBAM should NOT have released it in this stage. They must have seen this! I have almost all other modules, everything smooth as slik, sliders almost to max everywhere. And this? Looks like FS98 days...

Beauty to look at, yes. But the rest regarding fps/stutters... not gona say the word...

No FPS issues in the cockpit for me, that's weird. :/

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

No FPS issues in the cockpit for me, that's weird. :/

Me neither...

I have a meager system, but I get 60 fps in the air and 40-50 on the Tarawa LHA.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Zeus:

On the FPS drop that some people are experiencing.

With ED's help we found out that all MPCD and HUD video is being rendered at all times, even if they are not visible.

This means that you have the following video outputs on all MPCDs:

- NAVFLIR

- DMT

- TPOD (if mounted)

- MAVs (if mounted)

- HUD NAVFLIR

So at anyone time you may have between 5 to 9 video screens active, but invisible.

We are fixing that and hopefully the FPS problem will be solved.

Zeus & ED found the cause and it will be taken care of :pilotfly:

Try and set the Screenresolution in the Graphics Menu to 256 or 512 to get a few more FPS depending on your Graphics Card and do not have it set to 1024 / 1024 every frame.

Ouch, that would probably explain it. Looking forward to this fix and comparing it :)

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

harrier cockpit performance

Exact! Its "unflyable"... more or less, at least not in this stage! RAZBAM should NOT have released it in this stage. They must have seen this! I have almost all other modules, everything smooth as slik, sliders almost to max everywhere. And this? Looks like FS98 days...

Beauty to look at, yes. But the rest regarding fps/stutters... not gona say the word...

It’s people saying crap like this that means it takes forever to get your hands on a new model. So what if it’s unplayable for you. For me it’s not. Why should I wait for them to fix your problem? It’s obvious that this is EARLY RELEASE. If you want to wait until it’s stable then wait until it’s stable. It blows my mind why people complain about this crap. It’s been reported as a bug, they have fixed it internally, now be a good little boy and wait for it while we all manage to have fun despite the low FPS in some situations.

/rant over

And by the way, I’m playing on an old I5 and GTX 770 and it’s fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the same. At altitudes below 1500' I would get a 50% reduction in FPS while in cockpit. I go to the external view and I get a marked upshift of FPS.

Details: below 1500'

15 fps in cockpit.

25-30 min external view.

Above 1500' I routinely get minimum of 35-40 fps.

Compare that too the M2000-C is well above that with an overall minimum of 30 fps at low level and routinely pegged at 60 fps.

thanks.

Use Ordenator to reduce the cockpit textures from 4k x 4k to 2k x 2k.