New activations

YorZor

Hi there, i've been waiting for you guys to respond for over a week now and I'm curious if you guys ever read the e-mails over there. If so could you please help me then because I'm missing the flying for quite some time now and growing closer and closer to suicide lol.

Please get back to me asap.

Well to be honest I don't really care. This is called slacking on their side and I and some other guys are the victims of it. If they can't handle it don't install this kind of protection system where you only get 5 keys and if they run out call it we'll add them asap. Asap doesn't seem to be within a week. And at this point I have personally had it with ED and their costumer support. Their products are fine but the costumer support... Needs a whole lot of improvement.

I don't understand the fact that they give you 5 activations and if they run out you have to wait for 2/3 weeks to get an awnser. And therefore I'm making this case. The costumer support no-matter what should be their first priority because it is WE who buy their games and not themselves. And yes I understand they are busy and there can be some delay but 2/3 weeks? That is unacceptable. You buy a game to play it not to wait for the activations and play after it. And make no mistakes I'm grateful for what they have done. They have made an perfect game that I'm happy to play too. But this is just a point for major improvement and I'm just bringing this point to them and make them aware of it. Nothing more nothing less.

Guest IguanaKing

YorZor,

Are you well-versed in Russian holidays? Late December and early January, like many places in the world, are full of holidays. In Russia, however, they have more of them than most places. This causes a backlog of work, and it takes them a little while to catch up. My avionics shop had to deal with not having support from some of our vendors for almost 3 weeks around Christmas, and this is for avionics systems that cost thousands of dollars...not a $20.00 game. Its just one of the realities of the holiday season in any country. We could have gotten AOG service during that time, but it would have cost extra. According to the dates I see in this thread, you actually received your new activations in 1 week 4 days...now how many of those 11 days are work days? 7 of them? Then there was at least 1 holiday in that time frame, some time around the 15th I believe. If your attitude in those e-mails was anything like what you have displayed in this thread...well...that probably didn't help matters much. For anybody who wants to complain about it taking 7 days to get new activations, you might want to take some time and read the EULA that comes with the download version. Nowhere in that EULA do they mention anything about giving new activations upon request, it is licensed as a limited use product. Yet...they are giving people something they are not legally obligated to give, so IMHO, that's definitely good customer service because they aren't engaging in a strict observance of EULA terms. BTW...you might try making use of that StarForce registry key tool that ED provides right here on this site. That will make it so you won't have to burn an activation unless you have a major hardware change or installation of an OS that is different from the one you last activated on.

I made a registry backup and no it didn't work. Also you assume I only asked for the registry keys with making this thread. As you can read carefully I have requested them almost 2 weeks before that (1week or something). And I'll let it rest but they know damn well what is wrong and I'm not the first one who got owned by this (I actually bought the game AGAIN!). And if the product costs 2000000 euro's or just 2 it shouldn't make a difference. You depend on your costumers and normally you try them to help them in the best way possible. And I understand they are trying that (ED) but they're not doing a very good job at it. And I'm just stating this and letting them know. Isn't that what a forum is for? But trust me I will never buy anything here again.

Guest IguanaKing

The registry backup works just fine, you must not have done something correctly. I used it just last week because I had to do a complete XP re-install after I ended up screwing up my video drivers. It was absolutely trouble-free.

Have you tried reading the EULA yet? It says, right in that document, that the download version has a limited number of activations. Nowhere does it say that more will be provided upon request. Yet, they are doing that.

You said on the 19th that you had e-mailed them a week prior to that date. On the 23rd, you were notified that you had been given a new serial number. That's 11 days, 7 of which would be business days, minus 1 for the holiday...that's 6 business days. Do you regularly work 7 days a week and not take time off for holidays? It took them 9 total days to get me my new serial number after my machine upgrade, but only 5 of those were working days...and get this...I actually thanked them, right here on this forum for their quick response. :eek: I'm kinda silly that way though, I seem to have this irrational grasp of reality. :music_whistling: You remind me of some of the aircraft owners I deal with, they insist on flying an aircraft I tell them is unsafe, simply because they don't understand that getting parts and properly addressing safety-of-flight issues takes time. Then what happens? They get their 15 minutes of fame on national news...posthumously. :(

Anyway, have fun in your crusade, and good luck to you if you should ever find yourself in the position of needing more activations in the future. :thumbup:

I have more knowledge on pc's than you proberly assume and I even reinstalled windows because of this so don't tell me that I did something wrong.And I really count 14 days between the asking and getting the reply.. Minus the one holiday. 13 days. Way too much if you ask me. And I'm not going to debate with you when i've sent emails because you would be the last who does know that. In my eyes a job that takes about 3/4 minutes even less maybe and they have to take 2 weeks on that... A week I can respect and that is the max for me. And I don't care about weekends because those are the days I'm flightsimming the most. If they say they will replenish these activations asap I really think asap and not a freaking century. And this is not directed to you at all this topic so i'd rather have you staying out of it and let the people who know what they're saying respond here.

Thank you for the time.

Guest IguanaKing

You did something wrong, I don't have these problems...I can't say it any plainer than that. Try looking at the thread just below this one. I have posted some tips there that might help. But, then again, I apparently don't know what I'm talking about...so take it or leave it.

What is this stuff about them saying they will replenish activations ASAP? For the third time...have you read the EULA? Tell me where it says that in the EULA.

Not eula but it is nice to read a forum sometimes.

1- If an end user has exhausted the activations, they may contact Eagle and Eagle will send them a new activation code by e-mail. I'd imagine that you'll just need to send them your current key and maybe hardware code (my guess). I never heard anything from Eagle that they'd charge for a new activation.

+ I asked it earlier on and someone from ED mailed me back they would replenish those keys asap.

But drop it ok? Tired of having to write all this text for nothing.. Next time please refrain yourself from replying if you don't have anything interesting nor usefull to report to me or ED.

thanks.

Guest IguanaKing

Yes, this is the thread you are talking about.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=20909

The man says "We reply to all messages ASAP. Please be patient."

You saw "we replenish all keys ASAP" where, in that message? BTW...are you ShotsX? Have you read forum rules about multiple accounts?

For the FOURTH time, READ THE FRIGGIN' EULA!!! They DO NOT owe you more activations, they do so on a case by case basis...THAT'S why they actually need to take time to READ your e-mail.

I will not drop nor will I refrain from anything...the simple fact of the matter is that I have been a member of the LockOn community since May 4, 2002 and I have NEVER had the problems of which you speak. I didn't know how to use the new products when FC came out so I used up most of my activations, but they gave me more. You are someone who has no sense of reality, apparently won't try the suggestions I gave in the other thread, and refuses to admit that you may have done something wrong. We all make mistakes...and I'm just trying to help you get the results you want by suggesting changes in your attitude, level of maturity, and perception of reality. I'm not sure how you expect to resolve a problem by being a crybaby about it. During my membership in the LockOn community, I have received what I consider to be outstanding customer service from ED, considering their limited resources. So, again, I still don't understand what you are on about