Really liking the Harrier, well done Razbam

Capn kamikaze

:beer:

+1 Another great product!!! Congratulations Razbam!!! :thumbup::D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Oh yeah! I'm loving it.

I took off from Maykop, nozzle at about 60 degrees, leapt right up into the air, flew her down to Sochi at around 86% and arrived at Sochi with 3,200 lbs of fuel.

Lined up an approach and brought her in slow with the nozzles at around 30 degrees until I was almost to the runway. By that time, I was down to 3,000 lbs of fuel, my target weight, so I gradually increased the nozzle angle until it was at about 90 degrees and I was just about hovering. Worked the throttle and set her down vertically just like a feather, at a descent rate of about 100 FPM.

So I now have 30 minutes and one landing in my logbook for the Harrier.

This is a great module. You're looking at addictive fun. :pilotfly:

Liking it to :D tested some air refeuling with new tanker, and land on the new carrier, and i really like it,

Cant wait for the training to learn :D

Thank razbam, great job

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

I just uploaded a single mission for DCS World 1.5, Unit is "Other" because there's no AV-8B option yet.

You start aboard the Tarawa at 0730, take off from the ship(nozzles 60 degrees, flaps VSTOL, full throttle), maybe go buzz the nearby cruiser, perhaps go refuel with the KC-130 lingering off the coast, and when you're done burning holes in the sky, come back to Tarawa and perform a shipboard landing (nozzles 90 degrees, flaps VSTOL, work that throttle) in the Harrier.

So those of you who hate messing around in the mission editor are all set as soon as it's reviewed by a moderator and posted.

EDIT: The mission file is up now, here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3040286/index.php

:pilotfly:

Edited by Oubaas
Added link to file.

It's amazing! Beautiful models, texturing, the engine whine, the flight model, the CCIP works perfectly so far.

I've had some FPS issues, I'm confident Razbam will get it sorted out.

I can hardly wait until it's fully debugged! This is going to add so much interesting gameplay to the 16AGR Dynamic DCS server!

This plane is very fun to fly. I rarely have as big a smile unless there's a lot of ordinance involved. I spent most of the night just flying with no stores playing with transition from hover to flight and back. This thing is a blast!

I'm using the left throttle for nozzle axis and right throttle for thrust. Works really well, because the feel starts approaching that of the P-51 throttle controls. Using the nozzle angle to help move fwd and back, you need to increase thrust when you have a lower nozzle angle, so both throttles go forward a bit - you keep altitude but the plane starts moving forward. Same with backing off, put the nozzles more vertical and reduce thrust a bit.

Landed on the FFG-7 on my first try, but I need a LOT of work on precision. I had a few close calls, and my approach was anything but consistent.

I think I'll be on the virtual aerobatics server a bit to fool around with everyone else this weekend.

ETA: I really want to commend RAZBAM on the choice of making this aircraft. It's so unique relative to everything else we have in DCS. There's a novelty that may dull a bit in the coming years, but never be extinguished. I anticipate this bird being a regular in my rotation simply because of how interesting and fun it is to fly.

Oh, and I just got the answer I wanted for my question during the 59th event:

tnvc7Yd4E2Y

9Ad4vR7wXOM

Edited by Dino Might

Just did my first cold start and Harrier flight, did a vertical takeoff right from the ramp, came back around and did a vertical landing on the runway. Probably the coolest thing I've ever done in DCS :D

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

It's amazing! Beautiful models, texturing, the engine whine, the flight model, the CCIP works perfectly so far.

I've had some FPS issues, I'm confident Razbam will get it sorted out.

I can hardly wait until it's fully debugged! This is going to add so much interesting gameplay to the 16AGR Dynamic DCS server!

+1 This quote sums up my first impressions and experiences, nicely! :thumbup:

I second, 3rd, and 4th (or 19th) everything positive said here.

Enjoying this brilliant recreation of this remarkable aircraft. I think I have STOL and VTOL down in a few hours. (all about the AoA management for me). Now on to systems & sensors.

Well Done, Razbam Team.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Yep, fantastic module RAZBAM, loving it so far. It certainly has brought a lot more fun to DCS not to mention the challenge.

Well done guy's on a great launch into EA. thumbup.gif

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Massive congratulations on releasing the harrier. Incredible detail, great functionality and I can't wait until she's at full strength. For me also the most satisfying aircraft to operate.

Best of luck with the rest of the development and here's to a bright future!

(P.S Vulcan bomber...)