Bad FPS in cockpit

csper

Another bad FPS report in VR, I'm afraid.

Oculus Rift

MSI 970

16GB RAM

Windows 10

FPS is under 45 not just over airports, but anywhere over land. Only flying over the ocean helps.

Have solid 45+ FPS with all other modules.

Magnificent module though! I love everything that's working so far!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told that Senaki is a FPS sink no matter what aircraft. We will edit the mission.

Yes it is, but I think the question here is why the Harrier has so much lower fps than other aircraft even in Senaki.

Maybe it's worth taking a look.

If we compare the same situation and environment the harrier drops fps while others dont.

Great early access by the way, very complete!!

Love the Harrier you have done a great early access release, but like others here my fps in the cockpit is very bad i'm getting 16 fps - 18 fps, with every other aircraft it's around 30 fps - 40 fps (A10-C works like a charm and is very smooth)

It does seem to dislike some direction more than others, from Kobuleti Airport custom mission with 3 apc targets in the giant X facing if my heading is 340 - 007 degrees the fps drop heavy in the cockpit.

Over some cities the same problem, did do a mission from the new carrier with no targets it was around 25-30 fps but still a little clunky and not smooth like the a10c.

All in all i'm loving the module and can not wait to see it grow more.

Although its not unplayable as some are saying, I have bad FPS too. The NAVFLIR seems very laggy for me, Im getting around 30 FPS with stutters. Its most likely not scenery as I spawned the Tarawa in the middle of the Sea and Flew around with some stutters still.

Real World C-172R/S pilot and Avid Gamer. If for some reason you think I know what I'm talking about, feel free to ask me any questions you might have!

Same issue here as well.

Mission: added 2 Harriers as clients, starting from runway, that's it.

FPS are down to 30-35 when on the ground, up to 90-100 in cockpit, 150+ F2 view but go down again when I'm looking at the airfield (apparently any airfield). After landing, again 30-35.

Haven't tried others modules in the 1.5.8 yet.

Sys:

3770k overclocked to 4.23GHz

16 GB RAM

nVidia 1070 GTX, drivers updated to latest release via GF Exp

Win 7

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

same results, airport ground fps 17-40 in cockpit, external 45-90, very laggy, stutters, freezes. all in single missions, mission editor mission take-off from abandoned airport, same issue. All other a/c have 45+ fps. Love this a/c I'm sure you can figure out what causing this

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I think the Bad FPS might have to do with the Display Resolution Settings. I had it on 1024 and it was even worse than on 512 even without any sensors showing a video feed on the mcpds.

Haven't tested 256 Resolution yet.

Noticed it most when I was flying in Single Player with just my Plane on the map. Went low level flying along the coast south east Blacksea. It didn't do any difference switching the Navflir on, I got bas FPS drops flying very low. Getting higher up in the Air it runs way more fluid.

I3750k

GTX970

16GB Ram

Windows 10

I've been told that Senaki is a FPS sink no matter what aircraft. We will edit the mission.

But from Sukhumi I don't experience the same issue with an A-10C (for ex) with the FPS hit depending on the aircraft heading when it's on the ground, so is Senaki really the explanation?

Did a quick test at Kutaisi (very bad no matter the heading), Kobuleti (bad), Batumi (50 FPS with 180° heading, otherwise 40-ish FPS)

At Vaziani, fluid 60 FPS (capped) except heading 270 where it's 50 FPS.

At Beslan, it's fluid 60 FPS for any heading. Same on a road nearby.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I think this is a 1.5.8 issue as all other aircraft I've tested have noticeably lower FPS as per the Harrier when compared to 1.5.7 release using the exact same settings and options. Might be worth a look there. Have tried lowering all settings to Low and this had marginal gains.

PC spec -

Windows 10 64bit Pro

Threadripper 1920x

32GB Dominator RAM 3200

GTX1080TI

NVME SSD Samsung Pro

Still that being said....still fun to fly/crash.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

I think this is a 1.5.8 issue as all other aircraft I've tested have noticeably lower FPS as per the Harrier when compared to 1.5.7 release using the exact same settings and options. Might be worth a look there. Have tried lowering all settings to Low and this had marginal gains.

Still that being said....still fun to fly/crash.

Most of us reported otherwise, by comparing the different aircraft in 1.5.8. We are not comparing to 1.5.7.

It is very fun to fly :) ... and crash ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Just to add what others have said, the framerate drop seems to be related to what the aircraft is pointed at. I took off from Vazani in the SE direction in a custom mission and it was smooth as silk coated in butter.

I kept a rough SE heading for a while for a while to get a feel, but when I turned back in to face towards the airfield (not in visual range by this point) the FPS plummeted to completely unplayable rates. I'm talking slideshow rates. My alt was around 3400 FT.

When that framerate drop hit, going to third person removed the problem as others have said, but when I went back to cockpit view it turned into a slideshow again.

When I then turned the aircraft SE again, the framerate went back up and it was perfectly smooth again.

I had the flood lights off, in case that matters.

i did some more tests, ones with av8 and ones with m2k

on an empty map, start in air near Kobuleti, flying north at 1000m.

Time 1200h and midnight, brigt day and komplete overcast.

flight path. Dive down to low level and fly a cirlce:

resluts are allways the same:

Rock solid FPS in the Mirage (60 fps) as i am used to. Flight controls feel smo0th

Complet unstable fps in the av8, rearly ever reching 60fps, lowest was 30 fps down on the deck. FPS jumped around, its not as it is constantly low but steady

flight controlls feel odd with FPS drops.

edit: lowest graficsettings

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I wonder why betatesters dont catch this bug before release.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The amount of feedback from Razbam is simply amazing, not only releasing a good example of Early Access, but the constant attention to any question here in the forums is very welcomed.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Great to see this found and fixed so quickly. :thumbup:

But man, several months of testing and no one even looked at the fps counter.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro