LHA-1 Tawara

Gary

Yup. And the same goes for the KC-130. Time for some fuel starvation and mid-air collision practice!

Yeah. It isn't the VTOL that's killin me, it's the tanking. If you're mindful and careful and paying attention, VTOL is very possible (if a bit sloppy on my end, but haven't crashed).

Tanking though? Got too used to birds that aid you like the M-2000 and the Su-33. This one requires stick movement and counter stick movement. Plus the invisible probe (gotta break out my TrackIR). That's gonna take some hours to master for me.

It's in already!! - 1.5.8

... and you don't even need to have the Harrier yet - just landed on the Tarawa in the UH-1H, will have a play with the Gazelle later.

Thank you Razbam for being so generous and keeping things simple for mission makers and servers.

Edited by Ramsay
spelling...

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Why textures are so poor ?

Because still WiP

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Screenshots for those of us away from home? :)

Here you go:

Screen_171129_214150.jpg

Screen_171129_214210.jpg

Screen_171129_214219.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Zeus - are there any plans to make the spawn positions on the "ramp" behind the island, rather than on the main deck?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

In a simple mission I could set up 3 planes on the deck without crashing, but not 4. And in another more stuffed mission, even with 2 planes on the deck it crashes.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

for those interested and having issues landing on the Tarawa, here is a track I made just showing the way I do it.

Basically, taking off short from land, landing on tarawa and taking of short, with 2 more rounds. and then back to base with a short landing.

Not claiming this is THE way to do it, or perfect, but it might help some !

enjoy

https://ufile.io/4odds

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Razbam may consider to reduce the smoke output, this thing can be seen coming from a bit further than the English did the Bismarck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Zeus - are there any plans to make the spawn positions on the "ramp" behind the island, rather than on the main deck?
Plus one for that that was the only issue we were having. The third or fourth guy would spawn in and blow up the other guy. Moving the spawns to that parking on the right should fix all that I would think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Where you able to set up a TACAN on the ship ?

^ this, I tried to add a Tacan when I placed her onto the map, but there doesn’t appear to be an option for it. According to this page, she does carry tacan in RL.

https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/lha-1.htm

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

What are normal procedures for sorties off a ship like the Tawara?

Rolling vertical takeoff and vertical landing? Any idea of gross weights for the RVTO? I know I saw a limitation for vertical landings around 20,000lbs

I can only say from what I saw when I was an embarked Marine on the Peleliu LHA-5 some years ago. The Harriers that we had from HMM-163 (REIN) would do a rolling takeoff and then land vertically. They would come to a hover off of the port side of the ship over the water and then move sideways until they were over the ship and then land.

What are normal procedures for sorties off a ship like the Tawara?

For approach patterns, etc:

LHD LHA NATOPS Manual, NAVAIR-00-80T-106.pdf

V STOL Shipboard and Landing Officer NATOPS MANUAL, NAVAIR 00-80T-111.pdf

Rolling vertical takeoff and vertical landing? Any idea of gross weights for the RVTO? I know I saw a limitation for vertical landings around 20,000lbs

For VSTOL - loadout (weight) gives nozzle rotation speed, which you then use to calculate takeoff run length (Tarawa max marking for AV-8 = 750 ft):

AV-8B PERFORMANCE CHARTS, A1-AV8BB-NFM-400.pdf

The AV-8B SAC has example mission profiles and lists STO takeoff runs

AV-8B_Harrier_II_SAC_-_October_1986.pdf

Edited by Ramsay
Add AV-8B SAC, fix spelling

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080