Mirage 2000C Missing Feature/Bug list

ThirtykayDEC

Isnt that already an option?

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

It is, but visually nothing changes, and it really is annoying :(

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

About the correct gun symbology we discussed 2 pages before, here is video from a French M2000C.

At 33:30 - 33:38, indeed the first part of the snake is dashed and with a radar lock there is no DLZ on the right side.

At 33: 21 - 33:23 the DLZ is there but disappears almost immediate. I'm guessing that the pilot switched from magic to guns and there is a slight delay in the symobology change.

Slight delay in the symobology can be seen also on the first mentioned part, where the target is locked and only after 1- 2 seconds the reticle replaces the 600 and 300 m marks.

You can add that the "minimum altitude selector" knob under the hud in the rad altimeter section is bugged since a lot of time...it behaves differently depending on if you use mouse wheel or "click+drag" and in general the control is totally bugged (values seem to be infinite when using the mouse wheel while dragging gets stuck at -100 many times).

This happens, at least, in the last 2.2.

Take a look at my MODS here

• 1 month later...

Another one to add to the list:

On the V/UHF panel: selecting Pal+G should give (as far as I know) the ability to transmit and receive on the currently selected channel and the ability to receive on the guard channel (243MHz).

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A non-exhaustive list of thing that are not working in the Mirage:

This topic is not here to make Razbam guilty, his goal is to help Razbam correcting bugs and missing feature. Please don't go off the rail.

To be updated.

dont forget A/G mapping mode. RDI radar is capable of it. I know that A/G radar wont be possible until ED finishes the Hornet, but This still something that should be a part of this missing feature list.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

No, this list is about things that are missing but that should not be.

AG radar mode is not expected by anyone since razbam said from day 1 it was not going to be here until the API is public.

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

I disagree . When ED finishes the F/A18C , IN particular finishes the A/G mode, they have stated they plan to release the underlying A/G radar source code to 3rd parties to use for other projects. Afterwards Razbam will certainly have the means to implement this feature.

So yes it will should eventually come at some point in time ( IF Razbam wants the M2000C to be a complete product)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I disagree . When ED finishes the F/A18C , IN particular finishes the A/G mode, they have stated they plan to release the underlying A/G radar source code to 3rd parties to use for other projects. Afterwards Razbam will certainly have the means to implement this feature.

So yes it will should eventually come at some point in time ( IF Razbam wants the M2000C to be a complete product)

+1

Just because there is a good reason (known to us) does not mean that it is not a missing feature.

As I mentioned before, I believe only 2 of three stages of nav lights are synchronized over the network. Off & Full on. The middle stage (dimmed) is not synchronized. I believe the taxi light is also not synchronized, only off and landing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the following videos there is a slight delay in the hud symbology change.

2:34

0:57

When a target is locked in magic mode, the inner circle appears first with the small intercept square in the middle, after ~ 0.5 second the second TIR outer circle comes in and onle after that the square starts moving (I think the computer needs some time to calculate the intercept path).

Pure cosmetic feature and don't know if our simulated Mirage 2000 C - S5 has the same delay. But some small details like these could be the finishing touches.

Edited by jaguara5

Kneeboard isnt working in 2.5 (Firstpages with plane-data - its impossible to align if youre forced not to use F10)

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

its impossible to align if youre forced not to use F10)

Harder, yes, but not impossible.

Simplest way for DCS, as we don't have coordinates for all parking stands:

- align with default coordinates (which are never that far off in the sim)

- taxi to a point for which you know coordinates (refer to maps, check holding points)

- stop there; edit WPT 00 coordinates on the fly

=> good to go; resume taxi, and fly safe ;)

BTW, that's also how it's done IRL when confronted to the same "problem" (unknown parking spot precise coords).

++

Az'

spacer.png

CCRP bombing mode. The pipper won't lock on the ground when you hit ENTER key for target select.

Nope. And it's correct IIRC ENTER is the classic A/A lock (and PID/PIC toggle once locked, so while we're here, ENTER again won't unlock, and it's also correct ;))

There is a distinct input on the M-2000C for A/G designation. :)

spacer.png

After the 2.5 update I forgot to enable the ins quick alignment option/cheat and took off with my HUD and HSI showing a heading that was off by 170-190 degrees (based on standby compass and wingman). The issue I noticed is that although everything behaved as I assume it would when the INS was misaligned, the distance to my first waypoint (bullseye on the 104th server) on the HSI worked as if I were perfectly aligned, decreasing as I got closer to it and giving the same reading as my properly aligned wingman.

Is this a bug?

Another thing I've noticed is that using the RDO button will allow me to tws lock jamming targets that are as far out as 80nm and get their bearing, altitude and relative speed. These are targets that I wouldn't be able to see if they didn't have their jammer on and in any other plane, the same target jamming would have this information concealed until burn through around 25nm. I also can't lock them by moving the tdc over their jamming line, just by spamming the RDO button. Is this correct?