Mirage 2000C Missing Feature/Bug list

ThirtykayDEC

I tested yesterday with DCS 2.5 and can confirm the taxi/landing light are synchronized. The middle position of the the Nav lights isn't If you switch the lights to middle position (which I am guessing suppose to be dimmed ?) the lights are off.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's been more than 2 years that we bought this plane and we are still waiting some promises that are not coming. Some of you will say again "be patient" and I would now respond "be realistic". I was the first one saying that RB was doing fantastic job (and I still think it) but all has been ruined by the attitude. You guys won't keep your customer only with beautiful promises. The Mirage will never be finished because of the Harrier as the Harrier as well because of the next plane. This is how thing works for some times now with DCS and 3rd party. Finally, the only thing I wanna say is : "do not play to much with our patience because seeing you working on the Harrier and the next plane while the Mirage ain't finished is not a question of patience..."

I would love, as a customer, at least a response or an explanation from RB, but we had nothing from them on this thread, the Mirage might not be economically interesting anymore.

Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the list of the ones I have met, minus what is already in the first post:

* Engine Start function (RShift-Home) should move the throttle from STOP to IDLE to start the engine, but it will not start unless you actually move the throttle axis forward.

* Engine will start even not pressing DEMarrage pushbutton next to the pumps.

* CCIP/CCRP Snakeyes/Mk.82: when dropping bombs level or in a slight dive, bombs always land long. Computation is only OK with a moderate dive.

* CCIP Gun (CAS). Sometimes the range circle bugs out and you are closer than it actually displays. I think it also happens in air-to-air. I think it can be fixed with Master & Gun SAFE then ARM, but not sure about this.

* Ripple bomb release: CCIP/CCRP calculate the point of impact of the first released bomb instead of the middle point of the ripple.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201663

* Sounds. Doppler effect (high pitch-low pitch cyclic sounds, like in a flyby) can be heard in external views even when the distance camera-aicraft does not change, which is incorrect. Engine sound is muted inside the cockpit when the aircraft flies faster than Mach 1, which is incorrect, as the sound is actually transmitted through the airframe and inside air of the aircraft, which is moving at Mach 0.0 relative to the pilot.

* Keybindings. Many keybinding shortcuts not available. E.g. aicraft wingspan, etc.

* "PRF Selector High -> Int -> Low" and "Low -> Int -> High" shortcuts not working. TBH I haven't checked this one in a while.

* TOT/PAR Mode Toggle keybinding: At first press it works OK. For next switches, you need to press twice the keybinding. Using the mouse always works fine.

* In some lighting conditions, it is very hard to tell whether the PCN buttons are illuminated or not:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201520

* Position of multi-position switches not synchronized between HOTAS and simulator at the start of the flight even if "Synchronized cockpit controls with HOTAS controls at mission start" is activated in Options -> Misc.

* Expended rocket canisters cannot be jettisoned because they disappear from the PCA.

* Closure rate of air target in TWS mode with target at close range. At less than 1-2NM aprox, closure rate switches to negative figures when closing in.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202514

* After selecting and jettisioning external tank (RP), the radar in RWS will not lock any target because the RP is still hiddenly selected. You need to select eg an air to air missile so it deselects the RP.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203038

* Close combat radar modes with Master Safe do work but you cannot see the HUD symbology.

PS: The one with the kneeboard was already fixed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

does anyone know the 530 lock tone? on YouTube or so?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

does anyone know the 530 lock tone? on YouTube or so?

First of all this is really a thread for posting bugs, not asking questions. Second, the 530s don’t have a lock tone, they’re radar guided. You know you have a lock if you have a radar lock, they don’t need a tone.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Second, the 530s don’t have a lock tone, they’re radar guided. You know you have a lock if you have a radar lock, they don’t need a tone.

Then why is it even listed in 1st post in this thread??? OP don't know what he's doing or what??

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Okaay okaaay, I took the initiative, sent a PM to Azrayen to please check this page.

what is it in english?

"son" sound. I believe instructions are to lock the 530 missile and listen for the sound (coming from the seeker of the missile upon reception of reflection of radar energy) as confirmation. There exist radar-guided missiles that have a lock on tone.

The B-scope projection seems to be fixed. (1.5.8)

HSI adjustment knob (lower-left) I think must be wrong. In every photo it is exactly upright in "smile" orientation. It probably doesn't turn freely or the odds of it never appearing in any other orientation is very unlikely. I speculate that the knob is spring loaded to center and turning it causes the value plus or minus (perhaps faster the more it's rotated) and then stops changing the value when released springing back to the upright orientation.

Cool, too bad this is still missing in the M2K, 2 (or 3?) years after release.