Yak-52B?

msalama

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me a crap.....

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

The rare occasions a country's stooped to sending one into battle, it only had 2 S5 rocket pods, which would make it the most under-equipped plane in DCS.

Yakolev_Yak-52B_07_yellow_%2810196221174%29.jpg

I'm sure the civ flight and acrobats communities will like it but I'm not sure it has much wider appeal.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

Fantastic, another aircraft to play with, granted not gonna be suitable for battles etc, although I guess we can always stick some smoke rockets on her and play as a Fac.

Gonna be great fun doing aerobatics with her and another great platform to use as a trainer.

Very impressed that although we were not the target audience, it sounds like it was developed on EDs professional arm, ED has decided to allow us the oppitunity to purchase her for our hangars.

Granted now we will have months of post complaining about how she’s a waste of development time, and that ED has lost their way, and what’s the point of a trainer etc etc etc, BUT I for one will be purchasing on first day.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

So we are not the main target of this product, but it's nice to make it available to the public though. The question is at what price ?

Free?

Asus X99 Deluxe II|Intel i7 6850K @4.2GHz|G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz|Noctua NH-D15 and 4x NF-A14 PWM|Corsair HX850i

Win10 Pro 64 @M.2 512GB 950 PRO|DCS @M.2 250GB 960 EVO

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5|ASUS PG348Q - LG 25UM58 @3440x2520

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent|TM Hotas Warthog 7.5cm ext & 3x MFD Cougars|MFG Crosswind|TrackIR 5

A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|BS2|F/A-18C|FC3|Mi-8MTV2|PG NE NO SY maps|Tacview.

this had to be a project of passion. that's all i can think of, it seems so out of place.

I'm not against it, and i know i have seen people ask for civilian aircraft, but its a combat simulator. So unless its a civilian modified aircraft for military cargo or refueling which serves a role playing/meta purpose in a combat simulator, im not sure where this fits.

Sure training, but we already have the albatros, C-101, and the hawk which cover this, the albatross actually covering it very well as a jet trainer. All three of these really cover that training role as they have very little (or no) combat usefulness.

Maybe training for the WWII aircraft? except wait, we have a trainer of the TF-51D which is explicitly a trainer for the WWII style aircraft.

I'm all for more modules, stuff like this i don't oppose as long as its not effecting the delivery of the comitted items and the stuff the customer base really is willing/wanting to pay for.

It will be interesting i suppose to see how this plays out and where it fits in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Any one stop and think that's it's the first RADIAL ENGINE and possibly a test bed? Partially (or totally). besides, now we have a primary trainer!

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this had to be a project of passion. that's all i can think of, it seems so out of place.

Rather opposite, the development was paid by a commercial customer, but you can now pay ED extra $$ for the privilege of flying this on your PC.

But yeah, without this context, it's so out of place in DCS: World it's not even funny. Basically a trainer for a trainer, as it is used for basic training before getting to the jet training aircraft. Who here fells so unskilled that he needs another trainer before getting into L-39? ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Sure training, but we already have the albatros, C-101, and the hawk which cover this...

Albatros is not a primary trainer.

C-101 is not Russian.

Hawk is definitely not Russian.

So no, we don't have anything at present that fits the role for which the Yak fulfills.

Who here fells so unskilled that he needs another trainer before getting into L-39? ;)

It's good to have the framework for simulation of real-life training progression, especially for virtual Russian squadrons.

Edited by 159th_Viper
  • Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I am glad DCS expands their airplanes types. I hope this is only the beginning and DCS will manage to get some of the civilian pilots into its world. What is most important is that anybody is free to choose if want this module or not!

So thank you ED ... you are on the right way. Hence, it is one more think you have to work hard: timelines. As far as I am concerned I took a pause in playing it more than one year ago, waiting for 2.5 ... I will resume playing it once 2.5 will be out.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Rather opposite, the development was paid by a commercial customer, but you can now pay ED extra $$ for the privilege of flying this on your PC.

But yeah, without this context, it's so out of place in DCS: World it's not even funny. Basically a trainer for a trainer, as it is used for basic training before getting to the jet training aircraft. Who here fells so unskilled that he needs another trainer before getting into L-39? ;)

yea i was just re-reading the announcement again and caught exactly that.

"the Yakovlev Yak-52. This is an outgrowth of a professional, training project that we are also bringing to you."

So yea, they were hired to do a professional simulation of it for a private company/customer, with the rights to continue to monetize a (assumed) modified version for the general public.

I still feel it's an odd duck but i'm sure many (not all) will find in interesting and as long as its not a $39+ module, i might even check it out... maybe

regardless, i have to imagine a decent portion of ED income comes from these type of private contracts, so when they can allow us, the public, to benefit from that work as well its good for all. So while its not my cup of tea, thanks for sharing it with us ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

The question is at what price ?

What I was aiming at with my original question was whether ED would be willing to develop this bird further and give us the rocket option as well for the standard retail price of 40-60$ or thereabouts. If not, fine, I'll probably buy it anyway, since one can never have enough prop jobbies in this sim ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.