Beyond Visual Range???

BSS_Vidar

Am I missing a step here? I often fly against folks that can see and track me beyond my ability to see their aircraft. I literally watch their plane disappear at a certain distance. I usually fly the Pony or the Spit against folks that can set up Boom-n-Zoom attacks on me way before I can see their aircraft. I actually hear them before I see them!

How are they be seeing me when their plane isn't drawing for me graphically.

I have a Radion R9 8Gig video card and a Samsung 28" 4K monitor, with max settings.

What am I missing? I don't mind being out flow by a good pilot, but out gamed by taking advantage of a video fart?

V

Actually, afaik the higher resolution you have (4K in your case), the worse visibility you have because you have more pixels so aircraft is rendered as a single pixel. I'm playing on 1680x1050 (my native res) and I don't have any problems with spotting aircrafts. Try to lower your res to 1080 and see what happenes, maybe this will help.

Bigger monitor with lower resolution will help.

IO have a 27" monitor and run and 1920x1080, I can see anything that anyone else reports.

Chaps with higher reolution see less, as do chaps with smaller screen size, but the same res.

Just turn your res down to 1920x1080. Everything still looks lovely, esp in version 2.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Some servers have labels on, with a small black dot used as a label. This makes it a lot easier to spot enemies from far away. Maybe see if that is what you're missing. Lshift-F10

^this^

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds