1.5.7.11476 Update broke voiceover triggers in Mission 13

Hornetone

However, I've had some trigger mess in this mission. Say, I've recieved message like "All Fencers are down", though me and my wingman never attack any Fencers, and just 2 seconds after there was some another message about Fencers, like they're alive and heading XXX.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the report, I'll check that out. This is mission 13 still, correct?

EDIT:

Do you remember anything more specific about the timing? Looking inside the .miz, it should go something like this:

1. player is warned that a flight of Fencers is coming towards Senaki and ordered to intercept

2. when the player is within 15 miles, the Fencers should turn back. If alive, your wingman will comment that they're making a run for it. The player will report this to Rogue 4 who will order you to continue the attack

3. the player should report each destroyed aircraft until all 3 are dead, at which point you will be ordered to return to your anchor point

4. alternately, if the Fencers reach Russian airspace the player will be ordered to disengage and return to your anchor point

5. On the way back to the anchor point, you will be informed of a second flight of Su-24s approaching from the Northeast. These aircraft will engage Rogue 4 (the Georgian RADAR station) with ARMs

Edited by feefifofum

Thanks for the report, I'll check that out. This is mission 13 still, correct?

EDIT:

Do you remember anything more specific about the timing?

Yes this was mission 13.

The only thing I can add is that trigger mess could have actually started a bit earlier - when i was attacking the pair of Migs. I shot the first one, then retreated a bit backwards, turned around and fired AIM-120 into the second one, whilst a message popped up like "The second one is bugging out! Weapons hold!". But the missile was already on its way at that moment :)

After that contradicting messages started to appear almost simultaneously, like "Ok, he's down" and "Ok, he's turning away"

Unfortunatey, i didn't save the track (or it's autosaved and i just didn't find the file?). Finally, the mission was finished with score 95 (success).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That shouldn't affect what happened with the Fencers...those little moments where you have fired a missile in the precise 10 second window between the first being shot and the second bugging out are almost impossible to nail down...you might occasionally encounter two dialogue branches firing at once as you have described but it shouldn't affect the outcome.

I'm mostly interested in the specifics of when the first Fencers were reported as being shot down...if these guys are going after the wrong target and getting shot by something other than you and your wingman this could be a more serious bug. I just want to verify that a: you were aware that there are two separate packages of Fencers and b: you are 100% sure your wingman did not shoot down the first package.

We're checking it with ED, this happens only with the protected version, the original (source) works great with the last update as well.

Sorry for my ignorance. What are the original and protected versions? And, do you mean we can still play the campaign in the original version, and how? :)

@Darcaem, Baltic Dragon is referring to the non-copy-protected original mission files. We build in these, then send them to ED who encode them with Starforce copy protection and incorporate them into the official DCS installation.

Unfortunately there is no way at present to use the campaign in the current 1.5.7 release. We are in touch with ED trying to resolve the matter ASAP. In the meantime, as others have mentioned, you can roll back your DCS installation and the campaign will still be playable.

I hope we are able to get a hotfix for this issue this week.

I'm mostly interested in the specifics of when the first Fencers were reported as being shot down...if these guys are going after the wrong target and getting shot by something other than you and your wingman this could be a more serious bug. I just want to verify that a: you were aware that there are two separate packages of Fencers and b: you are 100% sure your wingman did not shoot down the first package.

Ok, next time when I detect a potential bug, I surely will save the track =)

But now I need to restore things from memory. What I remember:

* Pair of Mig's (mentioned earlier), both killed by me.

* A singleton Fencer heading towards Tbilisi, which later turned away and was not attacked by me or wingman (as was ordered) and flew away towards Russia.

* That "bugged" package of, I think, 3 Fencers (seen from F2 view) heading towards our home airfield (Kobuleti i guess); me and wingman didn't get close enough to fire at them and they managed to drop their bombs (falling bombs were seen from F10 view). However, I'm not sure that bombs acctually hit the airfield, at least the second pair of F-15's (Dodge-7) took off in the end of the mission. Finally, the Fencers skipped away towards Abkhazia.

* Several Su-27's from north-east.

* Package of some bombers (probably, Fencers) who killed Rouge-4 (sonfirmed by radio messages).

* As Dogde-7 took off, Su-27's turned away and I landed.

* Mission results: score 95; total hostile aircraft killed: 2 (the Mig's).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay...that clears things up!

The MiG-31s were killed/bugged out as intended. Duplicate messages because missile was fired after bug-out but before kill report. Will see if we can tweak the timing on these at all so they don't occur at the same time if someone else finds that magic few-seconds-long window.

The singleton heading for Tbilisi was a Tu-22 Backfire, that is also working as intended.

The first package of Fencers were supposed to be attacking Senaki, it sounds like they may be going for Kutaisi instead and were shot down by friendly air defenses, esp. if they got close enough to drop bombs. That's kind of what I was thinking based on your initial report. We'll take a peek at their ROE settings and see if there may be something causing them to shift priority to Kutaisi or some other location with friendly air defense. You should be able to intercept them before they reach their target, however, if you proceed directly to Senaki-Kolkhi when informed about them.

All else is working as intended. The second package of bombers was indeed another group of Su-24s. Thanks for the report!

Hi, i can confirm that no voice trigger is working in mission 9. Just after starting the plane and entering taxi i have no "situation report", and the usual infos for the takeoff are not triggered anymore.

I aborted the mission waiting for a fix.

L.C.

• 2 years later...

Hi! I was going to open a new thread but this old one describes exactly the same problem I had flying this mission yesterday.

I guess the new 2.5.6 update has messed up some similar thing to that one 2 years ago?

I was able to finish the mission regardless of the trigger craziness

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Hi cuervo, could you be a bit more specific? There were a few different people reporting things in this thread and I want to be sure I'm looking for the right thing. Thanks!

TBH I can't remember all the specific details but it was mostly as described above in the thread.

I got messages asking to engage the enemy and saying they were all splashed at the same time.

It looked to me like in a couple of occasions several triggers were fired at the same time, got a bunch of messages that didn't make sense together.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Gotcha, thanks!

There are a couple of little moments where things can happen just right that multiple dialog branches occur simultaneously...I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can do to tighten up that particular interaction, since it's happened to a couple of folks at this point.

• 8 months later...

I just played this mission on 2.5.6.55960 (latest version) and had a very similar issue: I got a bunch of messages about the Backfire that all showed up at the same time but in a nonsensical order. I have a track file I can try to send somehow if that would help, but I can't upload it here because it's 23 MB.

• 6 months later...

Also ran into overlapping voiceover issues as mentioned in my other thread here, and in the post above that one I also mentioned the same issue with nonsensical messages about the Backfire:

Furthermore, I had a similar issue in Mission 15 on first attempt (orders issued to both F-15 flights simultaneously); it was very confusing. Second & third attempt was OK, as I was perhaps faster to get off the ground and reach the AO in those flight. Still got killed all three times though 😭