M-2000C Update Discussion

Zeus67

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only major feature missing is the A/G mapping capability. the RDI was capable of it.

Someone at some point even posted a cockpit Video of a Mirage 2000C a pilot switching to that mode. However obviously that wont come until ED finishes the F/A18C Air to Ground radar and release the Source code to the 3rd party developers like they said they will eventually.

Whilst M2000C priamriy role is ofc A2A, Ground mapping for a final completion is something i am looking forward to nonetheless.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

I think the only major feature missing is the A/G mapping capability. the RDI was capable of it.

Someone at some point even posted a cockpit Video of a Mirage 2000C a pilot switching to that mode. However obviously that wont come until ED finishes the F/A18C Air to Ground radar and release the Source code to the 3rd party developers like they said they will eventually.

Whilst M2000C priamriy role is ofc A2A, Ground mapping for a final completion is something i am looking forward to nonetheless.

In line with the comment above re: a2g radar, it might be that they're waiting for 2.5 to be released for a unified dev platform to stop this back and forth between versions, and also for the f18 to come out so they can finally put this one to bed. Complete specture of course.

Would still be nice to have a statement of intent to show what the plan is, and would also help to put a stop to the guessing and bickering and put a stop to any bad intent brewing on the forums. Can't complain once the official statement is out, unless the statement is misleading or false, which can only be proven after the fact...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

It was a Peruvian Mirage 2000P with RDM radar. But the RDI has the same mapping mode.

Overall, the systems are here. Some need to be more or less perfected.

I purchased recently a book where an air defense mission is described in full details by the journalist. He was in the back seat of Mirage 2000B RDI, N° 5 + 4 Mirage in CAP mission Vs 1 Rafale + 1 Mirage 2000-5F + 4 Mirage 2000D.

Today in DCS, even if it isn't perfect, we can handle an air defense mission (primary task for Mirage 2000C RDI) in the same way, with the use off bullseye, WPT display in VTB and AA TACAN to improve situational awareness.

For AG and navigation there is more work to do.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I purchased recently a book where an air defense mission is described in full details by the journalist. He was in the back seat of Mirage 2000B RDI, N° 5 + 4 Mirage in CAP mission Vs 1 Rafale + 1 Mirage 2000-5F + 4 Mirage 2000D.

Would you share the name of the book please ?

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Would you share the name of the book please ?

Off course:

L'Armée de l'Air en action Grolleau (Henri-Pierre)

http://www.marines-editions.fr/l-armee-de-l-air-en-action-grolleau-henri-pierre-,fr,4,9938.cfm

But it's written in French

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hi all, here's the new hotness in 2.5! :)

M-2000C:

Improved pitch responsiveness

Improved AP responsiveness and control

Improved extreme angle of attack behavior

Improved engine malfunction modeling during in-flow loss

Controls indicator now also shows trim position (previously only shown during AP engagement)

Removed innacurate altitude limitations for AP engagement

Corrected nature of trim control sensitivity to be relative to framerate

Corrected nature of AP heading and trim control sensitivity to be relative to framerate

Corrected helmet visor animation and reversal between external and cockpit view

Corrected direction of trim indicator in controls indicator

Corrected innacurate pitch moment with airbrake deployment

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Not bad for not beeing working on the Mirage.

Thanks Cpt. Smiley.

Amazing work as always

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Smiley! Is that the bug about losing controls in and out when engine shuts down?

Hi Piston, sorry it's not, I still need to work on that one, but don't worry it's on my fix list so I hope to tackle that soon.

• Like 1

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Not bad for not beeing working on the Mirage.

Thanks Cpt. Smiley.

Amazing work as always

Are we only two guys not complaining about Mirage progress? :lol:

S! Smiley! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti 11 GB | 32GB DDR4@4200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I believe nobody is complaining on the work CptSmiley does on the FM part of the Mirage but there was no update to the Avionics part(when was the last? 1year ago?). Thank you for your hard work CptSmiley :thumbup:

Any info when Zeus will bring some love for the avionics part of the Mirage?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S, using only the latest Open Beta DCS Settings PD 1.5

Please come down lads. We (old members) have learned patience maybe little more than you :) but we all play to the same goal believe me. Those guys doing their best to bring you more functionality which you would hardly find in other simms. Step by step we will be there I assure you or I am not =Pedro= anymore :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti 11 GB | 32GB DDR4@4200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Improved engine malfunction modeling during in-flow loss

Smiley! Is that the bug about losing controls in and out when engine shuts down?

Hi Piston, sorry it's not, I still need to work on that one, but don't worry it's on my fix list so I hope to tackle that soon.

Piston the one quoted by CptSmiley is about engine when you do... well... this, for example: ;)

(screenshot is also about that: Improved extreme angle of attack behavior)

Screen_180130_182244.thumb.jpg.9eb2f3f0e2f123bbce65ecbf2e08135a.jpg

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

What’s next?

What features did still not be add? TFR mode after Hornet A-G radar mode only... Bugs are fixing... Will we get some new features in futere? :)

TAW_Glimmer

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | OH-58D Kiowa Warrior | UH-60 Blackhawk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! First, thanks a lot for the latest updates Flight model and PBR textures, nice to see the Mirage is getting better and better and has the best of latest DCS improvements :)

Just a little request, i tried to make a kind-of almost complete warthog profile for this beauty (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3035103/) but i'm missing two binds for it, unless i'm missing something, there's no FBW test cover/switch keyboard bind, it would be really nice to have both so you can do the test with the hotas, or guide the noob i am if i've missed it :-p

Thank you ! And again, great job.

Hi ! First, thanks a lot for the latest updates Flight model and PBR textures, nice to see the Mirage is getting better and better and has the best of latest DCS improvements :)

True. After that would be nice to see avionics update started or at least scheduled. Dear RAZBAM, what`s its status at the moment?

Guys behave

off topic posts will be removed, if it continues warning points will be issued.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2