Advanced Anti-Shipping Role and Weapons

AvroLanc

Hey all,

I've been playing around with all of the Anti-Shipping weapons recently. It's a fun role, but I'm specifically struggling with the more advanced features of both the Rb-04 and Rb-15.

Firstly the Rb-04 - They work great in Single mode and I can get them to hit in Group, but I'm exploring the Angle Jump and Group selection features. The mission editor lets you modify the settings for which group targets you want the missiles to go for. If for example I choose First and Third, does this mean 1 missile will target the first target and 1 missile the third target in a group. The kneeboard info seems to back this up.

Only problem is....it doesn't seem to work, I've tested this on a group arranged in depth and both missiles went for the first target.

What about the Angle Jump feature? My understanding is that it allows the weapons to skip the first sweep / column it detects and go after the next one. Again designed to spread the missiles over many targets. I've yet to see this happening in game. Is it working? Has anyone observed the correct behaviour?

I notice that you can set these Rb-04 settings per individual aircraft. This would be useful for a massed multi-aircraft attack on multi-targets, but will the AI aircraft / weapons follow the logic?

Secondly the Rb-15F, obviously a more advanced weapon. Can anyone confirm are the reconfigurable setting on the TAKT 81-86 addresses actually working as intended? I tried the 800004 setting for bearing search and it behaved exactly the same as a default missile. I've also tried modifying the search and target approach altitudes with TAKT 831000 and 860000 but observed no difference.

I've read that switching to ANF before ATTACK on the weapons selector is a bug workaround but this seems to make no difference.

Edited by AvroLanc

Secondly the Rb-15F, obviously a more advanced weapon. Can anyone confirm are the reconfigurable setting on the TAKT 81-86 addresses actually working as intended? I tried the 800004 setting for bearing search and it behaved exactly the same as a default missile. I've also tried modifying the search and target approach altitudes with TAKT 831000 and 860000 but observed no difference.

I‘ve tried the same with the approach and target altitude codes but no effect on my end neither.

I've read that switching to ANF before ATTACK on the weapons selector is a bug workaround but this seems to make no difference.

Haven‘t heard about that one. What bug is this intended to solve? I always have the weapons selector set to ATTACK before I change the Navigation/Radar mode from NAV to ANF...:huh:

I‘ve tried the same with the approach and target altitude codes but no effect on my end neither.

Haven‘t heard about that one. What bug is this intended to solve? I always have the weapons selector set to ATTACK before I change the Navigation/Radar mode from NAV to ANF...:huh:

I read sometime ago, I think on reddit, that if you select Attack before ANF, the missile settings aren't loaded into missile. However, I've tried it both ways and it makes no difference.

It would be really nice if we could have these detail tweeks, it adds to the immersion factor....... Can the devs take a look?