Samsung Odyssey, first thoughts

Thick8

yes you need steam, it uses steamvr. Stand alone works fine but it needs to launch steamvr

OK not sure I fully understand this. If I launch Steam VR then I can use direct purchased aircraft from DCS or, do the airframes need to be purchased from Steam to work with Steam VR :unsure:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK not sure I fully understand this. If I launch Steam VR then I can use direct purchased aircraft from DCS or, do the airframes need to be purchased from Steam to work with Steam VR :unsure:

Steam VR has nothing to do with DCS Steam version.

It just enables both Versions of DCS (Steam AND Standalone) to talk to your HMD.

in a nutshell, just install Steam VR (no need to install anything else afaik) and then start your DCS Standalone as usual.

Steam VR has nothing to do with DCS Steam version.

It just enables both Versions of DCS (Steam AND Standalone) to talk to your HMD.

in a nutshell, just install Steam VR (no need to install anything else afaik) and then start your DCS Standalone as usual.

thanks got it now:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

yes you need steam, it uses steamvr. Stand alone works fine but it needs to launch steamvr

Yep exactly.

I'm DCS non-Steam user. What I did to make it run:

- Configured the Windows Mixed Reality environment as instructed when plugging the headset.

- From Steam, installed "Windows Mixed Reality for Steam" (had to search manually for it in the store)

- When I play, I first start "Windows Mixed Reality for Steam" (which also starts the WMR envirnment), I wait for the headset to hook up and then I start DCS, works like a charm.

• 4 weeks later...
I wear glasses. I tried VR with them on last night and was surprised by the difference. They fit well in the headset probably because they are rimless and extremely light weight (2.5 grams). They have a patented superwide progressive band and are also blue blocker.

With them on I found that the sweet spot grew to cover about half the FOV and God days were considerably less. Maybe is the blue blocker feature or that the overall lens configuration is more like the OSVR lens that is supposed to be a superior lens. Does anyone else notice this when wearing glasses?

Any chance you could provide more information on where you got your glasses to work with the Odyssey? I just ordered it, and need to get glasses that will fit as you have described. Thanks, Pete

Any chance you could provide more information on where you got your glasses to work with the Odyssey? I just ordered it, and need to get glasses that will fit as you have described. Thanks, Pete

What I did was use my lenses from VR Lens Lab (very cheap, made for the Rift, work great), and then bought a 25$ adapter which lets me use them in the Odyssey from Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-Adapter-Frame-for-VR-Lens-Lab-Lenses/142391930424?hash=item2127386e38:m:mL9V0BHO6xAgkBgAcBgSkBw#shpCntId

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys, The Samsung Odyssey is an impressive gaming experience that exceeds expectations. Its stunning visuals, immersive sound, and comfortable design make it a top choice for gamer. With its powerful performance and intuitive controls, it takes gaming to a whole new level. Highly recommended.